Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Brussels {BEL} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Brussels {BEL} (no longer Honors)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2005, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by TonySymons
If staying at the weekend, or after the 10pm, don't expect any help from the main hotel. We stayed some years ago for a weekend, had to check in at the main hotel then get to the residence. We were left short of bedding and on calling got told tough!

Otherwise it's good for families as the suites are large, have a kitchen etc plus when we stayed there was a VCR and (locked) video library downstairs. Checkout on monday showed that weekdays the service is much better.
--------------------------------

I stayed in a room there for about a month...I must say it was the worse bed I've ever had in a hotel... the last two weeks I used the fold out sofa bed in the room. Its conveniant to get around Brussels as the Schuman metro station is 7-10 minute walk. Night shop one block away. They didn't offer me breakfast as a hilton diamond which I found irritating. exercise room isn't much more than treadmills and bike.

All in all I haven't been back, and don't really consider choosing the hotel when in brussels (many time - choosing conrad or Rennessaince with a few stays at the hilton). Rennessaince has the BEST gym in Brussels that I've seen associated with a hotel, conrad second.
Old Sep 2, 2005, 4:16 pm

Programs: hilton gold, swiss travelclub silver, sixt gold,
Brussels hilton

hello any advice for hilton brussels staying 4 nights in november HHdiamond member.
Old Sep 2, 2005, 4:18 pm

Programs: United 1k - Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by douglasd
hello any advice for hilton brussels staying 4 nights in november HHdiamond member.

Never stayed at the Hilton, but did many nights at the Scandic.

Only 10K a night on awards, free breakfast, near the Midi station( I Think..Nord? ) and near the grand platz.
Old Sep 2, 2005, 10:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.8M, MR Platinum Premiere, HH Diamond
Thumbs up Which BRU property?

Originally Posted by douglasd

Such as? Also, there are 3 Hilton properties in BRU: "Hilton Brussels", "Hilton Brussels City", and "Hilton Brussels Residence" so unsure of which property you're referring to.

For Hilton Brussels on Blvd. Waterloo, Hilton's own description of amenities:

http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/i...tyhocn=BRUHITW

I used to commute ORD-BRU a few years back and this was the hotel I'd stay at most often. Great central location - museums, good restaurants and Grand Place all within a short walk. Rental car facility on-site, although I forget which agency.

The only thing I recall that was lackluster was the workout facilities. A tired stationary bike and a Stairmaster. Otherwise a nice property in a killer location.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 6:13 am

Programs: AC Elite *G :: LH Sen *G :: IC Royal Amb :: PC Plat :: HH Diamond
Lounge food selection at Brussels Hilton is among the worst I’ve seen, at their best they have managed to have peanuts with 3 flavors to choose from.
Rooms are nice although a bit dated.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 3:19 pm

I'm to stay at the scandic. the 10,000 a night is too good to pass up and the location is spectacular
Old Sep 3, 2005, 3:22 pm

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Gustaf
Lounge food selection at Brussels Hilton is among the worst I’ve seen, at their best they have managed to have peanuts with 3 flavors to choose from.
What is the spread like at breakfast in the lounge at the Brussels Hilton?
Old Sep 3, 2005, 3:30 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
^
mmmmm...not my experience last weekend.....booked the cheapest std room at the last minute..(122euro);

*greeted courteously as hhilton gold.
*told was upgraded to a nice exec room on the 23rd flloor (it was a great view).
*room was recently renovated and was "good" - not great - but perfectly acceptable.
* exec lounge was also renovated, reasonably large and divided in two sections.
* drinks (pretty much a full bar) were offered, and decent french champagne was served (several times, upon request, and properly chilled )
* snacks were served as a matter of course, to the table - a selection of nuts and snacks and a plate of canapes (smoked salmon and beef carpacio if I recall correctly)
* breakfast in the lounge was modest but included reasonable selections of fruit, cereal, pastries, juices etc,. etc.
* all in all a nice exerience ^ !

This followed an excellent stay at hhilton cologne - which though without the exec floor - was even better.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 3:31 pm

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
What kind of advice are you looking for specifically? Brussels is my most frequent destination and I've stayed more than once in each of the 3 Hiltons plus the Scandic. It all really depends on what you want. In a nutshell:

- Hilton Brussels: flagship, most prestigious, in the "posh" shopping area of Avenue Louise, quite central
- Hilton Brussels City: smaller, sort-of minimalist design, near mainstream shopping area and centre of Brussels (De Brouckere/Bourse), also stone's throw from Bruxelles-Nord train station
- Hilton Residence: best location if you need to work anywhere near the European Institutions but dead otherwise, esp. at night. On the other hand, bigger rooms with balconies and far quieter than any of the others. I stopped staying there though after the night they "upgraded" me to a room w/o a bed (they had turned a suite into 2 rooms and made the sofabed into a bed for me - I declined, it was past midnight, the manager came over from home to take me to another room at the Hilton Brussels City - but OK, that's another story...).
- Scandic: the most "tourist" hotel of the bunch, but very central indeed (close to Bruxelles-Central train station and Grande Place).
Old Sep 4, 2005, 1:24 pm

Programs: LH FF, BA Blue these days, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP
Brussels Hilton

Stayed in the 'posh' Brussels Hilton in the centre of town earlier in the year.

Bit of faded grandeur about it but more than adequate for my needs.

Great views from the exec floors, but facilities not as good as the (much cheaper) Crowne Plaza by the EU.

When I was there a couple of huge conferences/receptions meant that every table and chair in every bar was full of bureacrats - but I guess that is pretty standard for Brussels when the EU is in session!
Old Sep 4, 2005, 3:40 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, VS Silver, LH FTL, BMI Silver
The Hilton Brussels City, is more compact as it has been created from an existing "old" building. Therefore its rooms are quite small. But as a Diamond I was upgraded from a standard room to one of the larger rooms overlooking Place Rogier. There is no lounge so breakfast is taken with everyone else so therefore the usual Hilton Breakfast spread and as a Diamond is included for free. If you are on business, there was no high speed internet access in the rooms but I could just about pick up the free wireless access points in the crowne plaza next door. I was told be the manager that they would be soon installing wi-fi that should be available in the rooms, so it may be there by now.

The Hilton Brussels is a purpose built tower hotel, so has larger rooms that that of the City. As a Diamond I was upgraded from a standard room to a large one room suite. There is a lounge with free alchohol in the evenings beer/wine/selected spirits and snacks/pastries, with nice views over the city. Breakfast again included as a Diamond was taken in the lounge and thereforeof the more limited continental type, but still pleasant. Wifi/wired high speed internet access was available in my room but was a bit pricey at €29, but made bearable by expenses.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 4:04 am

Programs: LH SEN, Hilton Diamond, AF/KL & BA basic memberships, Tufty Club Exec Plutonium
I'd disagree with both those comments.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 9:34 am
Original Member

Did you give consideration to the Conrad - very nice hotel, 5 minute walk to the subway, about 10 min cab ride from main train station for ride to airport. Great hotel, great breakfast spread.

--Jim
Old Sep 5, 2005, 2:52 pm

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
Originally Posted by JIMBOLIGUY
Did you give consideration to the Conrad - very nice hotel, 5 minute walk to the subway, about 10 min cab ride from main train station for ride to airport. Great hotel, great breakfast spread.

--Jim
...and at least twice as expensive as even the Hilton Brussels

But if you (or your travel budget) can afford it then yes, by all means go for it. Rooms are much bigger than at any of the Hiltons and this may well be Brussels' best hotel. Exactly same area as the Hilton Brussels, for all the rest.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 6:50 pm
Original Member

Nomad - I would agree but the original poster did not state if this was a paid or award stay. If award stay, look for the conrad. I also had one paid stay at the Conrad and it was fairly reasonable during last summer - Euro 179 which I though was reasonable.

Just did a quick check - 11/7 -11/12 (4 nights including weekdays which would generally be higher) - Hilton best rate was Euro 220/night; Conrad was Euro 239/night. Maybe worth looking at...

Last edited by JIMBOLIGUY; Sep 5, 2005 at 6:56 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.