Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Brussels {BEL} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Brussels {BEL} (no longer Honors)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2012, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
try posting that review to the hilton facebook page, you'll get a pretty quick response.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 12:30 pm

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
Your review is titled "Hot and sweaty in the room not what your [sic] thinking" yet you talk about the "king size bed" separating when you are "getting busy". Um, that is what we were thinking.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 1:26 pm

Programs: UA Gold (Million Miler), FI Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
I have stayed here several times and quite like it. There are some nicer newer hotels near the EU parliament but I much prefer the location here. For other city centre hotels, I think there are a lot worse.

Regarding the A/C, it doesn't normally get too hot in Belgium and you're not likely to get Texas-style walk-in freezer style A/C in most of Europe... so I doubt you'll get much joy from Hilton regarding that complaint.

The bed-detachment issue is pretty common in European hotels too. Try doing it horizontally or diagonally across the bed in future.

In the UK at least there are never power outlets in bathrooms for safety reasons. There was probably a shaver point but that would be of little use to someone with North American electrics.

As for the lack of hot water, clogged sinks, and customer service ineptitude, these issues will earn more sympathy. I'd focus on those when negotiating your desired compensation with Hilton.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Karter

Regarding the A/C, it doesn't normally get too hot in Belgium and you're not likely to get Texas-style walk-in freezer style A/C in most of Europe... so I doubt you'll get much joy from Hilton regarding that complaint.
Totally agree - but I don't expect it to get 3 degrees C hotter overnight!

And the pictures of the mold in multiple places?

Loved the location - wanted to deck the staff....
Old Aug 23, 2012, 7:43 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, WN RR
Had a bunch of problems at a Waldorf property in Key West back in June and have heard nothing - zero zip nada - despite CCing my issue to [email protected]. And having gotten an email from a member of management at the property in question, promising to look into the issue, then dropping the ball.

Honestly? Just one more nail in the coffin, sorry to say.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Have never stayed at the Hilton Brussels, but have stayed at the Conrad Brussels and highly recommend it. Superb hotel, staff great, room outstanding, breakfast unbelievably good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.