Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Waldorf Astoria New York {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2016, 11:23 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
Has anyone stayed there recently? What are your experiences?
Old Apr 15, 2016, 12:23 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
Hi

I have 3 BMG certificates I'm looking to use here that I was going to stretch to 5 nights using cash and points.

Do I have a choice between the towers and the hotel?

Hilton website suggests no points bookings in the towers.

Would the towers take the BMG certs?

Is there an exec lounge in the main hotel?

Thanks
Old Apr 15, 2016, 8:18 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
The only way you are getting into the Tower is on the longshot chance you get upgraded to a room there (not a very good chance IMO). The Towers wont take the BMG Certificates and there is definitely no Exec Lounge in the main hotel. Personally I think there are better places for you to be looking. You will have a much better chance of having a pleasant experience if you were at the Conrad or Hilton Times Square.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 8:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Miesque
Personally I think there are better places for you to be looking. You will have a much better chance of having a pleasant experience if you were at the Conrad or Hilton Times Square.
+1

My enduring memory of several business stays at the Waldorf is of the host at breakfast standing with his hand out waiting for a tip just for showing us to our table. (And almost forgot, the ancient toilet that flooded my bathroom.)
Old Apr 16, 2016, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by Miesque
The only way you are getting into the Tower is on the longshot chance you get upgraded to a room there (not a very good chance IMO). The Towers wont take the BMG Certificates and there is definitely no Exec Lounge in the main hotel. Personally I think there are better places for you to be looking. You will have a much better chance of having a pleasant experience if you were at the Conrad or Hilton Times Square.
Unfortunately the 3 BMG certs are for WA branded properties only.

We've booked - i've been to NYC twice before and the room is really only for sleeping and washing, so for free we will cope.

What are the current diamond benefits? Any breakfast?
Old Apr 16, 2016, 1:01 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Originally Posted by Kacee
+1

My enduring memory of several business stays at the Waldorf is of the host at breakfast standing with his hand out waiting for a tip just for showing us to our table. (And almost forgot, the ancient toilet that flooded my bathroom.)
What a shame. I really and honestly like Hilton and the program but I will never understand why they run down their flagship in this way.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 2:44 pm
jtr

Programs: AC E50K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by submonte
What a shame. I really and honestly like Hilton and the program but I will never understand why they run down their flagship in this way.
Agreed, such a shame. Perhaps it's the new owners (2014?) of the hotel, Anbang Insurance?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelc.../#76d014d17c67
Old Apr 16, 2016, 3:29 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by jtr
Agreed, such a shame. Perhaps it's the new owners (2014?) of the hotel, Anbang Insurance?
Not at all a recent development so no, don't blame the Chinese. This property has been allowed to deteriorate for a very long time.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 1:03 am

Anyone know the current diamond benefits here?
Old Apr 17, 2016, 6:56 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Geoggy
Anyone know the current diamond benefits here?
I believe it is a possible upgrade and 2 drink vouchers. No lounge and no breakfast.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 9:40 am

Thank you
Old May 22, 2016, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Andriyko

I believe it is a possible upgrade and 2 drink vouchers. No lounge and no breakfast.
Yikes .. I booked a few nights there mid next week, and at a pretty hefty room rate too I thought.

Just ASSUMED at the WA there would be lounge and breakfast for Diamonds. Silly me.

We are at a trade function at Javits - what Hilton is closest to there that offers some kind of decent bennies to a Diamond - might cancel the WA. And probably save some bucks too.
Old May 22, 2016, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Hilton Times Square definitely has a breakfast benefit (no lounge IIRC).
Much closer to Javits than W=A.
Old May 22, 2016, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
Hilton Times Square definitely has a breakfast benefit (no lounge IIRC).
Much closer to Javits than W=A.
+1
Waldorf is not a good choice for Javits. That's a tough haul crosstown.
Old May 22, 2016, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Thanks folks - FT'ers know everything.

Seems like there is nothing much in the way of Suites at Times Square though to hopefully get upgraded TO?

Seems like WA might not be our best choice at all, for sure.

Glen

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.