Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Waldorf Hilton, London {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2018, 3:26 am

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond

This is the welcome gift I got, and after that someone came to deliver a fruit bowl.
MoodyB likes this.

Last edited by Winniesbestfriend; Oct 13, 2018 at 12:16 pm
Old Oct 13, 2018, 12:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond

The new evening canapés
Old Feb 24, 2019, 9:09 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Any more recent stays here, as I am considering a midweek stay in May due to location? I seem to remember that it was a noisy hotel when I last stayed years ago - no double glazing etc..(yes, I know its a period property!). Thanks.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 12:42 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by NoY
Any more recent stays here, as I am considering a midweek stay in May due to location? I seem to remember that it was a noisy hotel when I last stayed years ago - no double glazing etc..(yes, I know its a period property!). Thanks.
I nearly stayed Friday night but chose Bankside instead, it can be noisy with rooms at the front of the hotel but rooms facing the inner courtyard are quieter.
NoY and MoodyB like this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 2:23 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by NoY
Hotel added double glazing when they last refurbished rooms several years ago. Have never had a problem with noise; certainly nothing out of the ordinary for a city hotel.
NoY likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 9:07 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by MS02113
Hotel added double glazing when they last refurbished rooms several years ago. Have never had a problem with noise; certainly nothing out of the ordinary for a city hotel.
Oh, thats good to know, thanks for confirming ^
Old Apr 26, 2019, 1:22 pm

Any experience with the renovations they are carrying out this year and how disruptive they are?
Old Jun 2, 2019, 11:31 am

Programs: SQ, BA, QR, Marriott Titanium & LT Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat, AmEx Cent
Any recent experiences with the facade update taking place? Is it disruptive?

Thanks
Old Aug 7, 2019, 1:17 pm

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Any recent stay reviews?
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:30 pm

Upcoming stay this weekend. Can I ask what breakfast is available for Gold members? Is it just continental?
Old Aug 22, 2019, 6:43 am

Programs: British Airways, Hilton Hhonors, Avis, Hertz
Originally Posted by rcslt
Upcoming stay this weekend. Can I ask what breakfast is available for Gold members? Is it just continental?
You can raid the full breakfast buffet!
rcslt likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 7:12 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by MoodyB
You can raid the full breakfast buffet!
Yeah but you will have to queue first, always a queue at breakfast here unless early.
MoodyB likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 7:47 am

Programs: British Airways, Hilton Hhonors, Avis, Hertz
Originally Posted by wizla
Yeah but you will have to queue first, always a queue at breakfast here unless early.
True! That crossed my mind after posting...
There was a huge queue on my last stay (much to the chagrin of the ladies behind me who thought they shouldn't have to queue like the rest of us)
Old Aug 22, 2019, 10:08 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by PrancingPonyGoldMember
Any experience with the renovations they are carrying out this year and how disruptive they are?
Originally Posted by EGW1
Any recent experiences with the facade update taking place? Is it disruptive?

Planning on a stay next weekend, so am also interested in impact of façade updates.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by MoodyB
True! That crossed my mind after posting...
There was a huge queue on my last stay (much to the chagrin of the ladies behind me who thought they shouldn't have to queue like the rest of us)
Yeah there is usually a large queue unless you get there early. It's a good buffet though, I always take that over the exec lounge unless I am in a hurry. Only thin I don't like is that sometimes I like Diet coke instead of coffee and they charge for that.
MoodyB likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.