The Waldorf Hilton, London {GBR}

Old Oct 6, 2016, 7:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
If you need to get the tube to the waldorf from heathrow, by far the easiest way is piccadilly line from heathrow to hammersmith and cross platform to district line to temple. super easy.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 7:55 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by 59Impala
Introduction it was the first time for me to stay in a Waldorf,
Despite the name this is a Hilton branded hotel, not a Waldorf (Astoria) property.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by sarahluv
If you need to get the tube to the waldorf from heathrow, by far the easiest way is piccadilly line from heathrow to hammersmith and cross platform to district line to temple. super easy.
The easiest way is just to take the Piccadilly line direct to covent garden. It's only a few minute walk through the shopping area from that station to the Waldorf. You don't have to change trains and the Covent garden stop is closer than the temple stop.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 10:34 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Just booked 2 Deluxe rooms for GBP 230 in the Hhonors sale under my Diamond account.

Do both rooms get the diamond breakfast benefit or is it only the room that I, the member, am staying in?
Old Oct 6, 2016, 11:39 am

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Originally Posted by Isochronous
Just booked 2 Deluxe rooms for GBP 230 in the Hhonors sale under my Diamond account.

Do both rooms get the diamond breakfast benefit or is it only the room that I, the member, am staying in?
Per the T&C the second room isn't entitled to breakfast. But won't be a problem at that hotel. The breakfast benefit is the exec lounge so just take the guests of the second room in with you (you use a keycard to get in the lounge here).

Sometimes you can get them to give you vouchers for breakfast in the restaurant as well but it's a YMMV situation and I wouldn't expect them to give vouchers to both rooms.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 1:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
The easiest way is just to take the Piccadilly line direct to covent garden. It's only a few minute walk through the shopping area from that station to the Waldorf. You don't have to change trains and the Covent garden stop is closer than the temple stop.
or this, but i hate covent garden station with a passion
Old Oct 8, 2016, 9:14 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by ILovetheReds
Per the T&C the second room isn't entitled to breakfast. But won't be a problem at that hotel. The breakfast benefit is the exec lounge so just take the guests of the second room in with you (you use a keycard to get in the lounge here).

Sometimes you can get them to give you vouchers for breakfast in the restaurant as well but it's a YMMV situation and I wouldn't expect them to give vouchers to both rooms.
So if my colleague eats separately I should tell him to use my room number if asked?

Is the lounge breakfast just continental or does it have proper hot food options?
Old Oct 21, 2016, 5:09 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
I'm here for 2 nights starting this Sunday, booked queen guest room and already pre upgraded to King executive room, will do live trip report on whole stay....will report back!
Old Oct 23, 2016, 9:07 am

Arrived at 11-30am, easy drive down from Lincoln, concierge a little slow to valet park car and was left outside standing in the cold, however we got there in the end, checked in at front desk and told upgraded to King exec ( the one I done OLCI to.)
Seemed to take a while as I booked on two separate reservations but I now have the same room for two nights, bonus, however it wasn't ready yet so we ( my lady and I ) went for a walk around the west end, came back around 2-30pm and room was ready, luggage here and shirt hung up.
The room - it's on second floor, fairly big , huge bed ( comfy ) nice decor, clean and tidy......bathroom has double sinks, huge bath and Sep shower with monsoon shower.
I'm in London celebrating my birthday and mentioned this when asked at check in, came back and found slice of cake in room , nice touch!.
Only negative I can see ahead is the room is next to a service cupboard and so far I've been in room half hour and the door has banged around 6 times , glasses rattled, etc.......this better not go on through the night!....will see.
Afternoon tea in lounge looked nice, I had a cup of tea but no sandwich or cake as we had a late lunch up west, the lounge was nearly empty.
I'm now gonna do for my customary sauna and swim and lay by the pool for a while, then relax in the lounge later, we may go out and see a show later or we may not....will report back!
Old Oct 23, 2016, 10:40 am

.....sauna and pool area busy but nice to hang out for an hour or so, now back at room , water not very hot but managed to shave, now off to lounge for a few prosseco's and cheeseboard, it's a good idea as mentioned earlier in this thread to get there early as it can get busy!, I will leave room at 5-50pm , trust me this is good advice !.......will report back!
Old Oct 23, 2016, 11:38 am

Lounge very busy and this was at 5-50..... Got the last seat and that was on the end of the sofa, it's now 6-30 and only a few seats left, nice vibe!.

BEERS - Stella and becks

CANAPS- sausage rolls and cheese falafel, nice cheeseboard and some salad items, ( not the best I've seen here )

SPIRTS - martini, Baileys, brandy, vodka and rum.

WINE - very nice prosseco, red and white

Let's see how this pans out.......will report back!

Last edited by wizla; Oct 24, 2016 at 12:48 am Reason: Wine list added
Old Oct 24, 2016, 12:47 am

.......busy evening in the lounge, people came and went but at one point it was standing room only.......around 8-40pm we took a walk into Covent Garden to have dinner, there are plenty of places and being a Sunday eve it was quiet, ended up at nandos.
We got back at 10-30 and was watching tv in bed by 11pm.
Slept very well ( prosseco assisted) and bed extremely comfy, firm but comfortable , I must say there was a generator of some sort running outside somewhere, it didn't bother me but may some people, not loud just mildly irritating .........went to lounge just now to grab a coffee ( it was very quiet, maybe five people present) and whilst there are no take away cups they are quite happy for you to take one out ( I always return the cup later).
Today - gonna hit the gym shortly, then breakfast...........will report back!

Last edited by wizla; Oct 24, 2016 at 12:51 am Reason: Typo
Old Oct 24, 2016, 6:05 am

.......breakfast was a bit of a shambles to be honest, tried the restaurant, the que was horrendous must have been 30-40 deep and this was at 9-30am......Bailed to lounge - Standing room only!, managed to get a table eventually but dirty plates and cutlery everywhere, I cleared it myself and then got told off for doing so.......felt rushed and unpleasant, kids run around and laying on floor in front of buffet, staff stepping over them and tutting.....not nice.
On the positive side the food was tasty and hot.
Went for a walk along Thames, now back to get bathed , suited and booted for a surprise event my lady has planned for us this afternoon ( I honestly have no idea) .......will report back!
Old Oct 24, 2016, 8:45 am
NoY

Programs: SQ, EY, QR, BA, ITA, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott
Originally Posted by wizla
.......breakfast was a bit of a shambles to be honest, tried the restaurant, the que was horrendous must have been 30-40 deep and this was at 9-30am......Bailed to lounge - Standing room only!, managed to get a table eventually but dirty plates and cutlery everywhere, I cleared it myself and then got told off for doing so.......felt rushed and unpleasant, kids run around and laying on floor in front of buffet, staff stepping over them and tutting.....not nice.
On the positive side the food was tasty and hot.
Went for a walk along Thames, now back to get bathed , suited and booted for a surprise event my lady has planned for us this afternoon ( I honestly have no idea) .......will report back!
Loving the live reports you do ^ Brings everything to life
Old Oct 24, 2016, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by NoY
Loving the live reports you do ^ Brings everything to life
Thanks mate, yeah I appreciate feedback, my reviews seemed to have turned into journeys about my travels and I have to remind myself I'm supposed to be informative about the Hilton in question , however when I meet fellow flyertalkers in various hiltons they tell me to stick to the current format and tell it like a story, ha, makes me smile......I've had one or two random folk approach me and tell me they follow my reviews.....I like that

My lady took me to the ritz for afternoon tea, I've gotta say it's the best I've ever had and can recommend!........... Now back at the Waldorf and after a change of clothes ( I'm not wearing a suit in the lounge, shirt yes but tie and jacket no) I'm now in the lounge.......... It is again fairly busy but a handful of seats available.

CANAPS - chicken wings and veg Spring rolls, cheeseboard and some salads.

BEER - Stella and becks

SPIRITS - same as last night ( see post )

WINE - red and white , prosseco.

I've not tried the canaps as I'm full from afternoon tea, may have some later, talking of later may try restaurant downstairs, will see.
Will report back!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.