Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Waldorf Hilton, London {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2019, 12:48 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by AStarr
Yep facade refurb has been going on for months. I'm really curious when it will be finished (hopefully in time for my Christmas stay?)
If I remember in the morning I will ask.

We are half way through happy hour and Lounge is very busy mostly standing room only, a few tables appear as folk leave but they are soon taken, that said there is a great vibe in here tonight , great service and nothing has run out , much fun!......will report back!
teemuflyer, MoodyB and AStarr like this.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wizla

We are half way through happy hour and Lounge is very busy mostly standing room only, a few tables appear as folk leave but they are soon taken, that said there is a great vibe in here tonight , great service and nothing has run out , much fun!......will report back!
Sounds like a night club, not an EL!
Old Nov 15, 2019, 1:29 pm

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond

Cheers! Would be much appreciated!

Have fun!
wizla likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 6:20 pm

Now back from gig, and a nightcap in the bar, rubbish service and £11 for a bottle of Heineken and a coke, was still busy even at this hour.....now gonna retire.... will report back!
MoodyB likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 1:32 am

Now back from gig, and a nightcap in the bar, rubbish service and £11 for a bottle of Heineken and a coke, was still busy even at this hour.....now gonna retire.... will report back!
Slept really well, bed very comfy indeed, the pillows are a little too soft for me but nothing that bad....... just went down to lounge to grab a coffee , it was 8am and busy with folk taking breakfast...... coffee machine is now a nespresso same as Hilton Canary Wharf and a bit of a faff it you aren’t familiar with the system....... take away cups provided....... I’m now back in bed with decent coffee and a copy of the times , they have these by the lifts on all floor ( I love the crossword , very challenging).
Gym/ pool opens at 9 am which is a little late for a morning workout.....we will probably take breakfast around 10am........ will report back!

Last edited by wizla; Nov 16, 2019 at 1:33 am Reason: Typo
Old Nov 16, 2019, 8:09 am

Went to gym at 9am, very quiet....... this is a full service gym here and is very good run by the DW group, sweat towels provided and bath towels too for the pool.
Sauna and pool was quiet too, just me and one other guy......did try the steam room briefly, plenty hot enough.

BREAKFAST - we queued for about 6 mins to get in restaurant at 10am, nothing’s changed much since I last stayed but it does feel as if they have cut back a little, however food was tasty, particularly the burcher musli.
Finishing with coffee in the lounge it was only half full but this was @ 10-45, spread looked reasonable.
Checked out at 11-30 swiftly and my car is fetched and we are on our way.

CONCLUSION - it’s a busy buzzing hotel but I like it, it has a unique atmosphere that kind of works, Jackson in the Executive lounge was particularly helpful, I will definitely return and happy to recommend.
The renovations should be completed by mid February I’m told .

NEXT PLANNED STAY - Hilton Maidstone ( 25/11/19 )

ROOM NO - 734 ( twin deluxe room )
teemuflyer and MoodyB like this.

Last edited by wizla; Nov 16, 2019 at 8:10 am Reason: Additional information added
Old Nov 16, 2019, 8:12 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Went to gym at 9am, very quiet....... this is a full service gym here and is very good run by the DW group, sweat towels provided and bath towels too for the pool.
Sauna and pool was quiet too, just me and one other guy......did try the steam room briefly, plenty hot enough.

BREAKFAST - we queued for about 6 mins to get in restaurant at 10am, nothing’s changed much since I last stayed but it does feel as if they have cut back a little, however food was tasty, particularly the burcher musli.
Finishing with coffee in the lounge it was only half full but this was @ 10-45, spread looked reasonable.

CONCLUSION - it’s a busy buzzing hotel but I like it, it has a unique atmosphere that kind of works, Jackson in the Executive lounge was particularly helpful, I will definitely return and happy to recommend.

Thanks for the running report as usual wizla.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Thanks for the running report as usual wizla.
You are welcome, and thank you for saying so....... appreciated!
teemuflyer likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
what! No granola?
Old Nov 16, 2019, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by whimsey21
what! No granola?
They did but it was Quaker oat and raisin type , it’s fine and a reasonable granola, I sometimes have this at home plus I’ve been spoilt by the legendary “ Bankside honey nut granola “ so I started with Burcher musli which I’ve not had for a while.......... I then had two poached eggs on toast and some fruit to finish...... it was all very nice!
Old Nov 17, 2019, 11:54 am

Twin deluxe room - WALDORF HILTON LONDON.
Attached Images      
Old Nov 17, 2019, 3:25 pm

Programs: Avios Hunter
Wizla,

You were there the same time as us. We were also in the exec lounge for afternoon tea whilst waiting for the room to be ready. we only stayed in the exec lounge from around 6-6:30pm that evening, as we needed to get to Jools Holland in the Royal Albert Hall.
"deluxe" room was fine, looked like it had been recently remodeled. Same prints on the wall as per your photos.

Breakfast room had no wait on Saturday morning, but we didn't go down til around 10:30am. We had a 5 min wait this morning @ 9:15am, and coming out about 30 mins later, there was a queue of about a dozen waiting.

Weirdly our room was not serviced at all on saturday, we left around 11am, and got back around 6pm. Phoned to order some water/milk etc, was offered someone to come to the room immedately to clean it, but declined. Went up to the lounge but it was too busy. Went back around 7:30pm and a few tables were available.

At the bar, Large Beefeater Gin, Large JD, 2 mixers, £31
MoodyB likes this.

Last edited by tangey; Nov 17, 2019 at 3:31 pm
Old Nov 18, 2019, 8:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Those pics dont look encouraging. Looks like there is one tiny window - limited natural light(if at all the sun shows up in london)

Personally, I'd like more windows in a hotel room. I was planning to stay here instead of Park Lane for my next stay.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 8:22 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond

Thanks. Might change my reservation tbh... this doesn't look as good as other places I can stay for the same amount of points... and tbh, lounge perks aren't always worth it if it's going to be so crowded.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I'm not seeing the points and $ option when I try to book here. Is that option only available for certain dates?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.