Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Embassy Suites Secaucus - Meadowlands {US-NJ}

Embassy Suites Secaucus - Meadowlands {US-NJ}

Old May 19, 05, 9:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat., IHG Spire Ambassador
Stayed at the ES Philadelphia airport a couple of days ago. No water, no cookies. In fact, I got charged $4 for a bottle of water. Maybe cause I'm only Gold?
Old May 19, 05, 11:10 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
I was living in massachusetts when they banned happy hours, free or discounted drinks, all that. A very sad time.

Apparently some people got way boozed up at nickel beer night and did some serious drunk driving, and that started the ball rolling.

At least we walked down to nickel beer night (Mondays)

------------------

I've had mixed luck with all the properties in and around the Meadowlands and Newark. I was at the Hampton at the Meadowlands on Tuesday night for the concert, and there was water in the room, an open half drunk bottle of it. Housekeeping was on top of things that day.

The prices in the pantry though were fairly good, so that sort of made up for it. Two sodas, two popsicles on the way back was $4, at some places it would have been $4 each.
Old Nov 15, 05, 8:51 pm

Programs: AC 75K,NH PLT&SFC,JL,SPG GOLD,HH GOLD
Embassy Suites Hotel Secaucus-Meadowlands

I want to stay Embassy Suites Hotel NY from 8 Dec to 11 Dec, but It is too expensive. I am thinking to stay Embassy Suites Hotel Secaucus-Meadowlands in NY. I have not stayed this hotel. How is Embassy Suites Hotel Secaucus-Meadowlands? And Is Embassy Suites Hotel Secaucus-Meadowlands near the Manhattan?

Last edited by Hideyuki; Dec 14, 05 at 8:16 am
Old Nov 16, 05, 4:17 am

Programs: Plat QFF, Gold AA, Silverseas Venetian.
This hotel is in new jersey across the river from manhattan.There is a bus stop right outside the door which will take you into manhattan-this however could be a slow trip.
It is a typical embassy suites but whatever you do dont book a 1 bed nonsuite room.These are tiny,funny shaped rooms with very little light that barely fit 1 double bed.We stayed there 1 night in september as we had an early flight out.I really think if you want to experience new york it would be better to stay in manhattan but I agree hotel prices there have become very expensive.
There are a couple of restaurants nearby.An outback steakhouse is next door.However i think it would be better to eat in manhattan.Much greater choice.
Old Nov 18, 05, 10:43 am

Programs: AC Altitude SE100K, HH Diamond
Stayed there - would stay again

Originally Posted by Hideyuki
I want to stay Embassy Suites Hotel NY from 8 Dec to 11 Dec, but It is too expensive. I am thinking to stay Embassy Suites Hotel Secaucus-Meadowlands in NY. I have no stayed this hotel. How is Embassy Suites Hotel Secaucus-Meadowlands? And Is Embassy Suites Hotel Secaucus-Meadowlands near the Manhattan?
Stayed there with my family in mid-summer 2005. It's a fairly typical, newish ES with the usual sized suites, big atrium etc. As there were lots of tourists and what seemd like a wedding party or two, the breakfast buffet was a bit of a circus - but nothing I hadn't dealt with at an ES before. We had no complaints with our suite and the bus to Manhattan was terrific. It is a highway coach (i.e. a Greyhound type bus not a transit bus) which only kames a couple of stops (another hotel and a park'n'ride station). It ran every 30 minutes, stops RIGHT OUTSIDE the hotel and consistently took 15 minutes from front door to the bus terminal only 1 block from Times Square. It was half the price of the NY ES (not to mention the free parking) and the family loved it.... would definitely stay again. (p.s. although distant, we could actually see the Manhattan Skyline from our room).
Old Nov 19, 05, 9:13 am

You might want to try the Hilton Gateway in downtown Newark if your main purpose is to be in and near Manhattan. it is across the street from Newark Penn Station. Here you can take NJ Transit directly into Midtown Manhattan or PATH into Midtown or World Trade Center areas. About a 20-25 minute ride. Also train/buses directly to/from Newark International airport. If concerned about crime - plenty of NJ Transit police patrolling the station.
Old Nov 21, 05, 1:22 am

Programs: AC 75K,NH PLT&SFC,JL,SPG GOLD,HH GOLD
Thank you everyone more infomation. I reserved from Dec 15 to 19. Rate is 224USD(15~17, 2 stays) and 209USD(18~19 1 stay). From 17 to 18 using HHonors Reward 30000 points.
I have some questions. I have HHonors Gold status. What does this hotel offer amenity for Gold members? Upgrade? or Something alse? Where is bus stop for Manhattan? What time does the bus run for Manhattan?
Old Nov 21, 05, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by Hideyuki
Thank you everyone more infomation. I reserved from Dec 15 to 19. Rate is 224USD(15~17, 2 stays) and 209USD(18~19 1 stay). From 17 to 18 using HHonors Reward 30000 points.
I have some questions. I have HHonors Gold status. What does this hotel offer amenity for Gold members? Upgrade? or Something alse? Where is bus stop for Manhattan? What time does the bus run for Manhattan?

Don't recall getting anything for Gold - just cookies and water. The bus stop is across the road (30 yards?) from the front door of the hotel. Takes you to the Port Authority Bus Terminal - 1 block from Times Square.
Old Nov 21, 05, 3:14 pm

Programs: HHonors
HGI is better

I've stayed at the ES and also the Hilton Garden Inn Secaucus, which is basically across the street. I thought the ES was old, noisy, crowded, smelly, and disappointing. It was the only Hilton-propery pool I've ever experienced which I didn't feel was sanitary, and I play in mud, so that's saying something. The HGI is much nicer, quieter, roomier, and all around better stay.

For what it's worth, at the HGI I saw 2 housecleaning staff drop their duties and earnestly help a mother who saw her child walk onto an elevator. They found him a few floors up, still wandering around. Not that this wouldn't have happened elsewhere, but I was very impressed with their efforts.

I don't mean to ruin your expectations, but if it's not too late to switch, you might consider the HGI Secaucus.
Old Nov 21, 05, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by telisto
I thought the ES was old, noisy, crowded, smelly, and disappointing.
Perhaps it's been renovated? In July/August og '05 it seemed rather new to me and the rest of my family (who are always pretty discriminating in this regard). It was no noisier than any other Embassy Suites I've stayed, crowded only on the weekend (aren't most ES's?) and if it was anything even vaguely resembling smelly, the family wouldn't have allowed me to check in.

I'd return without a second thought.
Old Nov 22, 05, 9:11 am

Programs: HHonors
Originally Posted by AleEat
Perhaps it's been renovated? In July/August og '05 it seemed rather new to me and the rest of my family (who are always pretty discriminating in this regard). It was no noisier than any other Embassy Suites I've stayed, crowded only on the weekend (aren't most ES's?) and if it was anything even vaguely resembling smelly, the family wouldn't have allowed me to check in.

I'd return without a second thought.
That would be great if that's the case. I was there in March 05.

Is there anywhere online you can find out construction and renovation dates for hotels, or for Hiltons? You can pick through TripAdvisor/Epinions comments, but a more straightforward resouce would be really cool.
Old Nov 25, 05, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by telisto
I've stayed at the ES and also the Hilton Garden Inn Secaucus, which is basically across the street. I thought the ES was old, noisy, crowded, smelly, and disappointing. It was the only Hilton-propery pool I've ever experienced which I didn't feel was sanitary, and I play in mud, so that's saying something. The HGI is much nicer, quieter, roomier, and all around better stay.

For what it's worth, at the HGI I saw 2 housecleaning staff drop their duties and earnestly help a mother who saw her child walk onto an elevator. They found him a few floors up, still wandering around. Not that this wouldn't have happened elsewhere, but I was very impressed with their efforts.

I don't mean to ruin your expectations, but if it's not too late to switch, you might consider the HGI Secaucus.

WE also stayed at the HGI Secaucus and had a wonderful stay. The NJ transit bus stops right outside the hotel and for $2.10 you are in NY City in 5 minutes, on a really comfortable commuter bus. They allowed us to keep our car there for free when we spent 2 nights in Manhatten. THe staff were wonderful and friendly and we would stay there again.
Old Apr 23, 17, 5:40 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL PM, AS 75K, Hilton Diamond, Starriott Platinum, Hyatt FreeBottleofWaterist
Damn this is a really stale thread. 12 years without a post!

So I am thinking of staying here for a weekend next month, normally I'd stay in Manhattan, but this is a bit of an odd situation. Family trip with 3 adults, none of which will share a bed, so the 2 double beds + 1 sofa bed in the other room work for me. Also I have an ES Amex Offer I can use.

Any recent stays?
Old Apr 24, 17, 9:00 am

Programs: Delta PM, UA Silver, HH Diamond
I've had several stays with my family (spouse and 3 teens) and we really love this location. It's not the newest ES around, so please know that, but the staff have always been helpful and the chef at breakfast is amazing - she remembers EVERYONE's orders. EVERYONE. Even months later.
Happy hour is just okay, but you'll be spending most of your time in the City.
It is the perfect spot for a weekend in Manhattan. There is a bus stop right outside that will take you and your group into the City at a reasonable price.
Lots of restaurants around and parking is free.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: