Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Clocks: The Definitive Information and How-To Thread

Hilton Clocks: The Definitive Information and How-To Thread

Old Feb 13, 2007, 9:19 pm

Changing the time on a Hilton Clock

Checked into my favorite Hilton and noticed that the clock beside the bed was waaay off. I couldn't see how to change the time so I called the front desk. They said they had to send maintenance up to change the time because it is difficult. Unfortunately they changed the time while I was out for supper - but for the life of me I can't see how the time is changed. Anybody know??
Old Feb 14, 2007, 5:10 am

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
You need a screw driver to open the clock up. Inside is a switch to change the time. Pretty crazy if you ask me.
Old Feb 14, 2007, 7:16 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Exec Elite, Delta
Originally Posted by lougord99
You need a screw driver to open the clock up. Inside is a switch to change the time. Pretty crazy if you ask me.
I'm guessing that Hilton is regretting the decision to 'lock down' the time on these clocks. The manhours to fix the clocks must be killing them. I've had too many clocks showing 6 pm when it was 6 am, or just being off by 5 minutes where I've called housekeeping to come fix them. And just imagine what happens if a hotel loses power long enough for the battery backups to die out.
Old Feb 14, 2007, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Phillips or regular screw? I haven't run into a wildly wrong clock yet, but I am prepared. One of the reasons I check luggage is to have a pocket knife handy. The knife has 2 screwdrivers and a corkscrew. Until this post, I only considered one of those a travel essential.
Old Feb 14, 2007, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
It's a small Phillips.
Old Feb 14, 2007, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xyzzy
It's a small Phillips.
I'm good. And that makes 2 essential tools.
Old Feb 14, 2007, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by rnovak
or just being off by 5 minutes where I've called housekeeping to come fix them. And just imagine what happens if a hotel loses power long enough for the battery backups to die out.

You call housekeeping over a few minutes?
Old Feb 14, 2007, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

beancounters suck..........

Hilton goofed big time on this. They should of ordered clocks that set themselves automatically with the radio time signal. It probably would of cost about $1-$2 more with a payback time of a month or two at most.

MisterNice
Old Feb 14, 2007, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
You call housekeeping over a few minutes?
Yes, I keep a very tight schedule on the road and need to be on time to meet customers, take calls, etc.
Old Feb 14, 2007, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rnovak
Yes, I keep a very tight schedule on the road and need to be on time to meet customers, take calls, etc.
Anyone with a need for that degree of precision should be totally self-reliant.
Old Feb 14, 2007, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by BamaVol
Anyone with a need for that degree of precision should be totally self-reliant.
No, I just find it unprofessional to be late.
Old Feb 14, 2007, 5:06 pm

Programs: DL DM MM; HH Diamond; Starwood Plat, Lifetime Gold; Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by MisterNice
Hilton goofed big time on this. They should of ordered clocks that set themselves automatically with the radio time signal. It probably would of cost about $1-$2 more with a payback time of a month or two at most.

MisterNice
I thought it was that way, until I checked in this week and my clock was way off. I don't usually bother with a few minutes. They sent the maintenance guy up to fix it, and he did, but set it for AM instead of PM. I didn't want to deal with it, so I just switched my alarm to PM instead of AM. It seems that this is where the radio stations are set too, guess that's why my rock station is always elevator music, static or country.
Old Feb 14, 2007, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wjudge
............. It seems that this is where the radio stations are set too, guess that's why my rock station is always elevator music, static or country.
Over 95% of all hotel radio stations are set for Mexican or equivalent music and the volume control is at 95%. The maids must really prefer it.

MisterNice
Old Feb 14, 2007, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I use the clock on AUX for mp3 speakers.
Old Feb 15, 2007, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MisterNice
Over 95% of all hotel radio stations are set for Mexican or equivalent music and the volume control is at 95%. The maids must really prefer it.

MisterNice
I must get assigned the room for hard-of-hearing guests every time. My TV is at 95% volume too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.