Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

New Hilton Honors Targeted Promotions: November 2005 — February 2006

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Hilton Honors Targeted Promotions: November 2005 — February 2006

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2005, 1:01 am
cjd

Originally Posted by tinkybelle
Well out of the 15 people that I know that are members none got any promo.

Did anyone outside the US get a promo?
UK based and I have received the triple points offer this morning.
Old Nov 4, 2005, 1:03 am

Programs: UA1P MM, Hilton Dia, Mar Lifetime Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by PremEx
One can only ponder the mysteries of targeted marketing.
I think the process starts with the executives sitting in a hotel room passing around a crack pipe. Several days later they start brainstorming promo ideas.

I read a thread on the *wood forum recently where the poster stated that the marketing people are from high-end colleges and are experts in what they do - therefore everything is well thought out. Those of us who work for multinational companies know better. I can not count the number of times I sat in a meeting where a well thought out plan was laid forward. Just to have someone in authority knee-jerk a response that kills or dilutes the plan. The bigger the company the more likely for half baked plans.

I contend these promos are most likely not well planed and implemented. I would also bet that there are people on the inside telling stories about how their boss is a dumb arse...
Old Nov 4, 2005, 1:49 am

Location: In a plane over Europe; I mean in the back of a plane over Europe !!!
Programs: HHonors, Scandic, Priority Club, Marriott, AF/KL FB, BAEC, AB TB, LH M&M
I really wished the double miles (I need them !) and all I got is the triple point

I tried on a previously mentioned http address to enrol in the desired one, but no way.

It's funny. I was enrolled in a promotion which is not really too bad (I mean X 3 compared to double points or miles of 6C or X 2 on points only by MR if paying with Visa) and the result is I'm

IMO HHonors is not able to manage expectation in a proper way.
Old Nov 4, 2005, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by 2035
I have a UK address, and was targetted for a weaker promo - was offerred double base points. Not as good as triple, but still something....

I am a diamond, with around 65 nights so far this year.

Think yourself lucky!

I received a promo mailing from HH today which turned out to be.......

An invite to apply for a HH Mastercard, Wow

I have never received any promos like this throughout my HH membership, so I guess my expectations are already fairly well managed
Old Nov 4, 2005, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Think yourself lucky!

I received a promo mailing from HH today which turned out to be.......

An invite to apply for a HH Mastercard, Wow

I have never received any promos like this throughout my HH membership, so I guess my expectations are already fairly well managed
I just got that one too (platinum Mastercard)....I wonder how these things work.

Try calling HHonours desk in the US. They are much more helpful, and have given me promotions in the past. Don't bother with Glasgow.
Old Nov 4, 2005, 5:59 am

Location: SAN and before that...EWR....AA EXP (3MM)..HH LIFETIME DIAMOND..AVIS PREFERRED PLUS
I got it! 3 options

Triple Base Points until 2/28
Stay 5 nights 1 free. 10 nights get 2 free. 15 nights get 3 free.
Double base ponts and double airline miles.

I am a Diamond that stays about 150 nights per year.

Did the math as per my booked travel. Took the 3 free nights. I already have 6 of these...now will have 9..not too bad.
Old Nov 4, 2005, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Has anyone had success in calling HH and requesting this promo?
Old Nov 4, 2005, 7:29 am

Programs: Everyone!
Diamond and nothing for me either. Sad because I am checking out of a 5 night stay today.
Old Nov 4, 2005, 7:32 am

Programs: QF Plat./OW Emerald + Life Gold, IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, etc.
Hi guys.

I got the promo and registered (for option 3), and its then said something like "all you have to do now is make a booking..." etc.

I have a 3 night stay at a Scandic over the weekend, which was booked sometime before the promo, and what I want to ask is whether any of you know whether I will get the points/miles or whether it only works for new bookings ?

Thanks all.
Old Nov 4, 2005, 7:49 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
What to do? What to do?

Got the offer and need to pick one.
Old Nov 4, 2005, 8:08 am

Programs: NWA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG, YX, AA
One other person has indcated they two got a sweeter deal then the OP.

I got my Email this morning, and have the choice of:

1) Triple points
2) One free night for every 5 stays, up to three free nights
3) Double points AND Double Airline miles

I took option 3!
Old Nov 4, 2005, 8:14 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
I received the promo last night and did not want to make a hasty decision so waited for this morning. I am NOT inclined to take the triple points as it states participating hotels and I have no idea what hotels are participating. Since the decision can not be changed I think I will be safe and opt for the last choice which is the all around double. Double points on hotel stays and double miles. This works for me since my airline option is Virgin Atlantic which would mean 2000 miles per stay.

I defer my selection for today to see what others chime in with. Has anyone got a idea of participating hotels or is this just standard speak? BTW. Thank you Hilton. Just in time as I was going to switch some upcoming stays to Starwood since they have a double promo. Theirs only lasts a short period.

Sorry. That was triple with SPG.

Last edited by RTWSTARALLIANCE; Nov 4, 2005 at 8:18 am
Old Nov 4, 2005, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Which is best depends on the number of nights you stay. At 15 nights
you max out on option #2, but if you stay at inexpensive places (Under $200/night) you'll do much better with that option than #1. Three free nights is worth 120k points if you use them at high end properties. $6000 will net you the extra 120k points if you choose option#1. Unless you have LOTS of stays I can't see how option#3 is ever going to net you more than either of the other two options.
Old Nov 4, 2005, 9:41 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
Originally Posted by MKEbound
Double points AND Double Airline miles
I have the same offer. I thought it was the standard offer.
Old Nov 4, 2005, 9:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I got mine on Thursday... chose 3X points although the 2X miles plus 2X points is a good deal too.. except if its a Hampton then the deal sucks and the 3X is much better

why? don't know.. other than I'll get stuck at a HH by mistake some time soon.. I'm not staying at Hilton again till I get this Rolling VIP thing straightened out.. lets see if what the Diamond line told me is true.. that my 28th stay in the last 12 months during July 05 will make me Diamond thru 4/07... I'm not staying at a hilton till after 4/06 when I figure it out..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.