Conrad Bangkok {THA}

Old Mar 31, 2019, 6:36 am

If I book a the Room Only rate via the Hilton website, would I still get breakfast and EL access as a Diamond?
Old Mar 31, 2019, 6:41 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by Schweden
If I book a the Room Only rate via the Hilton website, would I still get breakfast and EL access as a Diamond?
I presume you are a credit card Diamond and not a "nights in bed" Diamond otherwise you would know the answer Either way, Diamonds ALWAYS get breakfast and lounge access, in all Conrads and Hiltons (when booked through Hilton channels). It is not an option that some hotels will give and others not.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by sbams
I presume you are a credit card Diamond and not a "nights in bed" Diamond otherwise you would know the answer Either way, Diamonds ALWAYS get breakfast and lounge access, in all Conrads and Hiltons (when booked through Hilton channels). It is not an option that some hotels will give and others not.
Thanks for the clarification.

If only Canada could get a Hilton credit card, then no more year end mattress runs to hit 30 stays! Out of the hotels I've been interested in booking, I've only seen that rate type at the Conrad Bangkok and Hilton Reykjavik.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 8:25 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Thanks for the clarification.

If only Canada could get a Hilton credit card, then no more year end mattress runs to hit 30 stays! Out of the hotels I've been interested in booking, I've only seen that rate type at the Conrad Bangkok and Hilton Reykjavik.
Although the Hilton breakfast offerings in the US can be quite meager for what your receive as a DIA for free (sometimes only a continental), my experiences in Asia and to a degree in Europe have been excellent. Don't forget you can usually also have your breakfast in the restaurant, not just the EL.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 10:42 am

Programs: UA 2MM
You may be aware that Hilton has an Australia / SE Asia sale currently on, which includes Conrad Bangkok. Must book by April 2.
rtool and teemuflyer like this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
You may be aware that Hilton has an Australia / SE Asia sale currently on, which includes Conrad Bangkok. Must book by April 2.
Got a "premium king" room @ the flash sale rate for 300 THB less than a "deluxe king" room @corporate rate in May, albeit the flash sale rate is non-refundable.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 10:34 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
At this property in particular and also in general is it better to take a breakfast in EL or restaurant?
Old Apr 21, 2019, 11:38 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Red259
At this property in particular and also in general is it better to take a breakfast in EL or restaurant?
Here, as elsewhere, it depends on ones preference of selection (restaurant), vs. calmer atmosphere (EL). I always go with the selection first, and then while my wife is getting ready for the day, I go to the EL for a cup of tea and to read the newspaper.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 4:13 am

Originally Posted by Red259
We just left the Conrad a couple of days ago. Sadly we moved to the Hilton Sukramvit and it is a dump.

I am diamond and I don't remember them offering me breakfast in the restaurant. The lounge was pretty decent, comfortable chairs, friendly staff.

I felt recognized for my status, but nobody went overboard. Allegedly a premium room.

Sadly, we don't appreciate what we have until we move to a dump. At the Meridien now and it is much better than I expected it to be. Titanium status got a one bedroom suite, unlimited Prosecco in a separate area of the restaurant, and free drink at their bar from 5:30 to 7:30. They do not have a lounge.

PS, it is hotter than hell here now.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 4:53 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Here, as elsewhere, it depends on ones preference of selection (restaurant), vs. calmer atmosphere (EL). I always go with the selection first, and then while my wife is getting ready for the day, I go to the EL for a cup of tea and to read the newspaper.
I would say this is especially true at Conrad Bangkok. The restaurant was a zoo and in fact was so bad that after we sat down we decided not to stay, and went upstairs to the lounge.

Originally Posted by pentiumii
We just left the Conrad a couple of days ago. Sadly we moved to the Hilton Sukramvit and it is a dump.
How is Hilton Sukhumvit a dump? Of course it's not the best hotel in the city but I think you are being overly harsh.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by escape4
I would say this is especially true at Conrad Bangkok. The restaurant was a zoo and in fact was so bad that after we sat down we decided not to stay, and went upstairs to the lounge.

How is Hilton Sukhumvit a dump? Of course it's not the best hotel in the city but I think you are being overly harsh.
Tell you what. You tell me why I am being overly harsh and I will tell you why it was a dump. I am curious how my so absolutely recent visit results review is less valuable than your opinion of my statement.

And I have to tell you, I have a list that I made for my review later.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 5:28 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Tell you what. You tell me why I am being overly harsh and I will tell you why it was a dump.
No actually it is the other way around. You said it's a dump without any details, so the onus is on you to support your opinion. Then we can discuss each point you bring up regarding why it's a dump and I will respond. You should post this information in the Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ok-tha-30.html
alanslegal, :D! and yurtripper like this.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 5:54 am

Well, I don't accept onuses from other people. And I don't suffer fools who think they make up the rules. The hilton suk is a dump, I stand by that statement and if you want to see why it is a dump, then you have every right to book a room and see. I will continue enjoying my free two hour unlimited bar access at the le Meridien and see if I can forget our engagement.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 6:12 am

Programs: SQ, BA, QR, Marriott Titanium & LT Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat, AmEx Cent

PS, it is hotter than hell here now.
Not quite...but yes it is hot (37 ish with a feels like of 43), with this being generally the hottest period of the year before the rains arrive. However, today was quite pleasant with a lovely breeze and even some rain clouds in the sky. Glad the Meridien is more to your taste...Im not the greatest fan of the Conrad Bangkok or Hong Kong (whereas I really like Conrad Singapore), but last I stayed at either was a few years ago, and Ive never been to the Hilton...would be good to have some context as to why its a dump...
Old Apr 22, 2019, 6:14 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
I don't think the Hilton is a dump, and I would certainly stay there again when it is half the price of the Conrad, which is what I paid last time.

I was allowed to have breakfast in the Hilton restaurant though IMO the Conrad lounge breakfast is better even if the selection is not as wide (but even the selection in the Conrad lounge beats some Hiltons in Europe)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.