Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2019, 2:50 am

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Actually the circular desk is fine ( I'm sat at it). Desk lamp over and all sockets in handy reach. Office style chair. Only gripe is the small wardrobe space.
the only other gripe is I can't persuade swmbo to go to the EL for cocktails - she insists on the Banyan Tree 🤔

Last edited by Beano HK; Feb 24, 2019 at 2:52 am Reason: Clicked too soon!
Old Feb 25, 2019, 4:45 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
It's nice that they just polished the bathroom and didn't overly modernise the classic Thai touches. Is the club lounge going to be renovated, if yes, has a schedule been posted?
Old Feb 26, 2019, 4:01 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JJeffrey

New Premium rooms are very nice. There is sort of "magic" sensor that knows when you're there, every time you leave the room the window curtains drop, and when you return and open the door they open again automatically. Cool feature.

First of all, thanks for posting the pictures, as others have mentioned!

I think you may have stumbled on a pun . I imagine that the fact that they have those shades going down save a lot of cooling energy during the day when most guests are out and about.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 4:12 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, IHG Gold, Phyllis Court Junior Member
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Renovated rooms look very nice, but what is that Herman Miller office chair doing there? Totally ruins the design.

The styling reminds me a little bit of the renovated/newer Marriotts in Bangkok.
Considering the awful excuses for desk chairs found in many hotel rooms, I personally would not complain about finding a good Herman Miller chair in my room!
Coathanger and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 12:18 pm

Programs: SQ PPS
Originally Posted by templar42
Considering the awful excuses for desk chairs found in many hotel rooms, I personally would not complain about finding a good Herman Miller chair in my room!
Those Herman Miller chairs have been in the rooms ever since the hotel opened.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 5:18 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Beano HK
the only other gripe is I can't persuade swmbo to go to the EL for cocktails - she insists on the Banyan Tree 🤔
Should I conclude that Banyan Tree EL is exceptionally great and much better than Conrad?
Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:39 pm

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Originally Posted by escape4
Should I conclude that Banyan Tree EL is exceptionally great and much better than Conrad?
Ah. No, SWMBO wanted the roof of the Banyan Tree Moon Bar on the 61st floor watching the sunset sipping overpriced Mojitos at GBP20 each....rather than sipping assorted "free" booze from the Conrad EL.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:22 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
For hilton properties in bangkok if you have diamond status is the conrad the best choice? The waldorf is charging more than I care to pay for a bangkok stay.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 1:28 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, IHG Gold, Phyllis Court Junior Member
Originally Posted by SQWINGS
Those Herman Miller chairs have been in the rooms ever since the hotel opened.
I know, it's always been one of its good features. Fun fact: Thai immigration appear to use the same Aeron chair at BKK.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 6:48 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Originally Posted by Red259
For hilton properties in bangkok if you have diamond status is the conrad the best choice? The waldorf is charging more than I care to pay for a bangkok stay.

Conrad for me, locations is good, great lounge and excellent staff and nice pool/gym with sauna and steam
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Red259
Originally Posted by gav0106
Conrad for me, locations is good, great lounge and excellent staff and nice pool/gym with sauna and steam
Yea, with so many options this question comes up on here every so often, personal opinions vary but the Conrad definitely hits the sweet spot in BKK in terms of price, service, "niceness", Diamond benefits, lounge, pool, etc. The newly renovated lobby and rooms are just icing on the cake.
restlessinRNO likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 3:41 pm

Programs: HH Diamond,Virgin Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Yea, with so many options this question comes up on here every so often, personal opinions vary but the Conrad definitely hits the sweet spot in BKK in terms of price, service, "niceness", Diamond benefits, lounge, pool, etc. The newly renovated lobby and rooms are just icing on the cake.

Agreed. Conrad is my first choice and am always well looked after
I have not tried the new Waldorf yet from what I've heard they are not so generous to diamonds
Old Mar 5, 2019, 4:46 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by PaulH1
Agreed. Conrad is my first choice and am always well looked after
I have not tried the new Waldorf yet from what I've heard they are not so generous to diamonds
I’ve had 3 stays at the Conrad and have always had some nice upgrades. For my trip last week, they were showing as only having standard rooms so I was assuming no chance of an upgrade. I decided to stay at the Hilton Sukhumvit. I liked it a lot, upgraded to an executive suite and had a nice fruit spread and dessert waiting upon arrival. The lounge was nice and the drinks flowed better than at the Conrad however the food offerings pale to what you get at the Conrad. I took breakfast in the restaurant and it was fantastic. I wouldn’t hesitate to stay there again.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Sure, that's my opinion too. There is, IMHO, a better consistency of hotel routines than many of the other Hilton properties in BKK have.

Kudos to @JJeffrey for the excellent photos. Made me yearn for the next visit in a couple of weeks
Old Mar 19, 2019, 4:08 am

Programs: AA Gold . Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum.
I just returned from a week at the Conrad in Bangkok in a Terrace Suite. The Terrace is fantastic and we used it a lot as the weather was pleasant. The Terrace Suites have not been upgraded yet however the Executive Lounge daily selection was first class as was the service.

My only complaint was that the Wifi was terribly slow throughout the Hotel which often resulted in me using my phone service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.