Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2019, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA Gold . Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum.
Have any of you stayed in the Terrace suites at the Conrad? I am considering one but just wondered what your opinions are.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by barnetda
Have any of you stayed in the Terrace suites at the Conrad? I am considering one but just wondered what your opinions are.
I've stayed twice in 2824. Never noticed the problem posted by others that people in the EL can look down on you. The living room and bedroom are a good size but not as large as some of the other suites that I've been in. The terrace is like a garden and wraps around the outward facing side of the suite. There is a table with chairs and two sets of lounge chairs on either side of the terrace. I don't think you would regret booking the room.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by wilp888
I've stayed twice in 2824. Never noticed the problem posted by others that people in the EL can look down on you. The living room and bedroom are a good size but not as large as some of the other suites that I've been in. The terrace is like a garden and wraps around the outward facing side of the suite. There is a table with chairs and two sets of lounge chairs on either side of the terrace. I don't think you would regret booking the room.
Thanks very much . Sounds great I think I will book. Much appreciated.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was having a good a nosy out of the Exec Lounge window at the pax on the terrace below. We were dying with laughter at the behaviour of a Chinese grandma.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by hugolover
I was having a good a nosy out of the Exec Lounge window at the pax on the terrace below. We were dying with laughter at the behaviour of a Chinese grandma.
I will have to watch my behaviour on the Terrace!
hugolover likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

She was using it as some kind of jogging circuit. Its tiny! She had one of those half cap hats on, like they wear in the Simpsons saying PRESS on them.
barnetda likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 5:43 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Originally Posted by wilp888

To be honest not worth the money. They are not private, Terrace is very open and people above can look in. I am sure they are closed at minute for refurb as they have not had furniture or people on them for some months now. I would advise to try get a new suite, Deluxe Suites are very nice
Old Feb 17, 2019, 6:05 pm

Thanks Gav0106 , I will check with the hotel re the status of the suites.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 8:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by simonsmith
One of our favourite hotels. In the past have booked a corner deluxe and as a Gold never failed to get lounge access. Sometimes book an Executive to be sure and have on occasion been given a suite.

This time i wondered whether or not to book with points ; 160000 for 5 nights but of course this only gets a standard room so unlikely i would have thought to be upgraded to executive. Does anyone know how much or indeed if you can upgrade to executive level prior to arrival or on arrival from a points booking?

very many thanks
The hotel's policy, as far as I know, is they upgrade Golds if booked in a corner deluxe or higher. If you want to secure lounge access or room upgrade, I suggest you E-mail the hotel and ask them for their policy and upgrade options. I've done that at least once and the rates seemed like the differences between the rack rates for each category. In other words, it would have been cheaper just to book a discounted rate at the onset. But that was probably almost three years ago.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 12:32 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
I did as suggested and just recieved this back:
As you are Gold member, your room will be upgrade to next category which is Premium room (newly renovate room) but which will be subject to the availability upon arrival.

Due to Grand Premium room (Executive corner) under renovated so we would offer 2 options as below for your considering instead;

1. Deluxe corner room (53 Sqm) included Executive lounge benefits with additional charge THB 2,300++ per room per night

2. Upgrade to Executive room (40.5 Sqm) with Executive lounge benefits THB 1,500++ per room per night

so a corner deluxe is no longer upgraded to an executive room
Old Feb 23, 2019, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by simonsmith
I did as suggested and just recieved this back:
As you are Gold member, your room will be upgrade to next category which is Premium room (newly renovate room) but which will be subject to the availability upon arrival.

Due to Grand Premium room (Executive corner) under renovated so we would offer 2 options as below for your considering instead;

1. Deluxe corner room (53 Sqm) included Executive lounge benefits with additional charge THB 2,300++ per room per night

2. Upgrade to Executive room (40.5 Sqm) with Executive lounge benefits THB 1,500++ per room per night

so a corner deluxe is no longer upgraded to an executive room
Previously (before the newly renovated Premium rooms were available), the room pecking order was as follows: Deluxe King -> Deluxe King Corner -> Executive King. A Gold or Diamond booking the basic Deluxe King would both be upgraded to a Deluxe King Corner, with only the Diamond receiving Executive Lounge access. A Gold would need to book the Deluxe King Corner to receive Executive Lounge access.

When the premium rooms were first introduced a few weeks ago, I could have sworn that they were slotted in between the Deluxe King and Deluxe King Corner, which would make sense based on the email reply you received, i.e. a Gold now booking a basic Deluxe King would be upgraded one category to a Premium King.

However, looking at pricing now, it appears they've changed the order to now go: Deluxe King -> Deluxe King Corner -> Premium King -> Executive King. So with a standard one category upgrade, it would now appear a Gold would need to book a Premium King in order to receive an upgrade to get Executive lounge access.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Main lobby is back open as of 2 days ago.

Diamond here, booked the normal Deluxe King and was initially upgraded to a Deluxe King Corner the day before. Emailed the hotel back and asked to switch to a Premium King to check out the renovations, which was granted with no problems.

New Premium rooms are very nice. There is sort of "magic" sensor that knows when you're there, every time you leave the room the window curtains drop, and when you return and open the door they open again automatically. Cool feature.

Old Feb 23, 2019, 10:39 am

Programs: UA 2MM
JJeffrey - Lovely photos. Thank you for posting.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 11:51 am

Programs: Some
Renovated rooms look very nice, but what is that Herman Miller office chair doing there? Totally ruins the design.

The styling reminds me a little bit of the renovated/newer Marriotts in Bangkok.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
The styling reminds me a little bit of the renovated/newer Marriotts in Bangkok.
Including the lack of a proper working desk, in accordance with Marriott brand standards

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.