Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2019, 9:30 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
Originally Posted by onobond
Very nice. I was surprised myself when this happened to me in November 2018, at my 5th visit (2-3 days each) in 8 weeks. My luck was also arriving shortly before noon, staying two nights and already at reservation requesting a late check-out at 4 pm (granted). Two years earlier i had the second largest suite of this hotel, IIRC 98 m2, in the opposite corridor.

Already looking forward to three upcoming visits in the next two months.
Wow Looks like you are a regular guest in the Conrad Bangkok. Goodluck on your next visits. Might be another presidential suite upgrade
onobond likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:15 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
New Rooms!

Afternoon

Just checked in, and was lucky to be the first guest allocated one of the new rooms. So far only floor 26 open. These are now being sold as Premium Rooms, similar to Singapore.

First impressions are very positive. Very light and open. Smaller work desk, TV sunk into the wall, giving more space, closed has an opening to the main room, giving more light. Modern features, such as Bluetooth connection to the TV, electronic blinds and blackouts and finally charging points beside the beds, plugs, and USB.
Bathroom remains the same, however new shower fixtures and also new toilets.
It feels fresh, modern, light, but keeps the Thai touches. Looking forward to seeing the new lobby which sounds very impressive. Some photos to follow
Old Feb 13, 2019, 12:03 pm

Programs: HH Diamond,Virgin Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Looks great.
Conrad Bangkok is one of my favourite hotels in the brand.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 9:05 am

Taxi transfer

How much does it usually cost for a taxi from BKK airport to the hotel? The hotel just quoted me THB 3,000 for one way which is ridiculous.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by Naboo79
How much does it usually cost for a taxi from BKK airport to the hotel? The hotel just quoted me THB 3,000 for one way which is ridiculous.
Taxi from the airport should be somewhere in the 300-500thb range.

The rate you’re being quoted by the hotel is not for a taxi, it’s for a luxury car transfer to a 5* hotel. It’s no different than it would be for practically any similar hotel in any major city in the world.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by greendx

Taxi from the airport should be somewhere in the 300-500thb range.

The rate you’re being quoted by the hotel is not for a taxi, it’s for a luxury car transfer to a 5* hotel. It’s no different than it would be for practically any similar hotel in any major city in the world.
Thanks!

Sure, but paying ten times as much to ride in a BMW instead of a taxi seems a bit steep.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 10:49 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
I can't remember ever paying more than THB500. Have never been ripped off to the airport and in fact most taxi drivers are very helpful.
FlytheTail likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 6:33 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Taxis as others say around 300-500 depending on traffic. To be honest I use AOT cars on arrival, many desks. I get Isuzu 4x4 700 BHT. More expensive I know, but no wait, and always very good drivers. They have range of cars up to I think 7 series which is 2000BHT from memory
Old Feb 16, 2019, 7:35 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
3,000 BHT one-way? yeah, pass.
hugolover likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Don't forget the oh-so useful "pre-departure information" which is another push of the 3k THB transfer. There's no info in it, oh wait, where reception was located.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
In another BKK Hilton family hotel thread, I posted about another limousine service for 950 THB
Old Feb 17, 2019, 2:48 am

Aren‘t the THB 3.000 ++? That would make something more than THB 3.500 in total. You can also drink the bottle of Evian, offered in your room for something above THB 450 instead of going to the Top markets and get the same for THB 75 or choosing a local water for THB 20.

i was used to take limousine service often in Bangkok, paid by the airline or booked for about THB 700-900. These days I use only taxi for transfers between BKK and Bangkok city. Didn’t have any issues for a longer time. From my point of view the old problems with arguing about the meter or cars without working safety belts are over.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 2:51 am

Originally Posted by onobond
In another BKK Hilton family hotel thread, I posted about another limousine service for 950 THB
Thanks so much for this tip! I think I’ll go with them ^

I just choose “Bangkok” as the drop off point and enter the Conrad address under Location, right?
Old Feb 17, 2019, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP

Thanks so much for this tip! I think I’ll go with them ^

I just choose “Bangkok” as the drop off point and enter the Conrad address under Location, right?
Yes, very easy. I think I only wrote the hotel's name, but to be on the safe side put the address in too.

Small piece of advice: when you are there, and been out, returning by taxi, don't bother saying the address as Wireless Road, or even trying to pronounce Whittayu, just remember that the letter r is hard to pronounce for thai speaking ppl, hence also understanding when someone pronounces the hotel's name correct. Your directions to the driver is best understood saying "Conn-ladd Hotel"

Enjoy your stay!

Last edited by onobond; Feb 17, 2019 at 5:35 am
Old Feb 17, 2019, 10:01 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
One of our favourite hotels. In the past have booked a corner deluxe and as a Gold never failed to get lounge access. Sometimes book an Executive to be sure and have on occasion been given a suite.

This time i wondered whether or not to book with points ; 160000 for 5 nights but of course this only gets a standard room so unlikely i would have thought to be upgraded to executive. Does anyone know how much or indeed if you can upgrade to executive level prior to arrival or on arrival from a points booking?

very many thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.