Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:28 am

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
Does anybody have Conrad Bangkok address in written Thai? I had it but lost it somehow. BKK taxis may be an issue.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:35 am

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dabee69
Does anybody have Conrad Bangkok address in written Thai? I had it but lost it somehow. BKK taxis may be an issue.
From the Conrad web site at http://www.hiltonhotels.com/th_TH/th...onrad-bangkok/

Conrad Bangkok

ที่อยู่: ออล ซีซั่นส์ เพลส 87 ถนนวิทยุ ปทุมวัน กรุงเทพฯ 10330 ประเทศไทย

โทรศัพท์: +66 2 690 9999

โทรสาร: +66 2 690 9000

อีเมล: [email protected]
Beano HK likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 5:13 pm

quite the welcome. got here early and my room won't be available until noon. diamond recognition zero- well until being told I'd "be allowed" to wait in the executive lounge until my room is ready but that i "must understand that my diamond benefits to eat or drink anything in the lounge do not start until afternoon tea- thank you for being a diamond member".

while technically true, and i've already eaten anyway, making such a point of it didn't exactly endear me to the hotel. in all the years I've been early, or had late flights where I was (without asking) given lounge access, it's always the opposite tact. i've been checked-in crazy early- almost always invited to breakfast , etc. add in that they advertise the hotel as "newly renovated" and left the BS end of january construction completion date up until a couple of days ago. my mobile check-in assigned upgraded room on the 32nd floor got downgraded to a deluxe on the 17th floor overnight too. contemplating changing to ABH whilst i also contemplate whether having water will place me in violation of my general orders from the front desk...
IndyHoosier and flockavelliFT like this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 7:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
Don’t post here often : but without going into too much detail had one of the worst check in experiences ever at this hotel a few years ago, front desk agent was the rudest person I’ve ever meet. Ended up staying a single night than moving to the other Hilton for the remaining five. Seems like nothing has changed. That’s a pity cause the lounge, the suite that I stayed in and some of the other staff are top notch.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 7:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by uncommonsensical
quite the welcome. got here early and my room won't be available until noon. diamond recognition zero- well until being told I'd "be allowed" to wait in the executive lounge until my room is ready but that i "must understand that my diamond benefits to eat or drink anything in the lounge do not start until afternoon tea- thank you for being a diamond member".
That's surprising - I've seen plenty of people check in early and have breakfast in the lounge. I know they've had crowding issues in the lounge, especially in the evenings, so perhaps this is one way to mitigate that?

Early check-ins at this hotel (and especially the Hilton Sukhumvit) are uncommon for me, I often have to wait until at least 2pm. I've also had challenges getting late check-outs at both properties. Both hotels are often near or at full occupancy, so I'm sure that's why. Hard to balance early-check ins and late check-outs when the hotel is (nearly) full.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 9:42 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Just had a very positive experience with this hotel, sadly I won't be staying any longer as it doesn't meet my needs.

I have stayed at this property 5-6 times per year for the past seven or eight years. Know most of the staff. Had a prepaid reservation for last weekend. Emailed me two days out to tell me construction continues, and they no longer have any smoking rooms. As a smoker (no lectures please), I asked due the chance in policy with no advance warning, will you please cancel and refund my prepaid non cancellable reservation. Relied back in 20 minutes, of course we will allow to cancel. (Now let's see if the refund actually does through).
Old Jan 30, 2019, 9:00 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
Hi guys stayed here last Monday and got upgraded to the Presidential Suite. Here are some photos I still can´t believe we got this upgrade

Old Jan 30, 2019, 9:47 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by thefilipinotraveler
Hi guys stayed here last Monday and got upgraded to the Presidential Suite. Here are some photos I still can´t believe we got this upgrade
Very nice! Did you even bother to leave the room during your stay?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh the things I know to have transpired in that room...I am not sure I could stay in or near that room and forget about it.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Very nice! Did you even bother to leave the room during your stay?
Actually, we had to check out early morning after breakfast as we had an 11:05am flight to Bali, so it was a pity. I'm not sure if our short stay from 12midnight to 7am (I had informed the hotel about this in advance), as well as the hotel being fully booked helped with the upgrade. I saw one or two more keys left in the reception when we got our room keys so it could be 1 or 2 more haven´t checked in yet, altho I presume they don´t have diamond status like me.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by hugolover
Oh the things I know to have transpired in that room...I am not sure I could stay in or near that room and forget about it.
It actually took us an hour or so to fall asleep even if it was already 12:30am and that we also had to wake up at 6:15am
Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:19 am

Programs: UA 2MM
I recently had another excellent stay here. Renovation to front lobby continues, so entrance remains at the back, through Conrad Residences entrance. Breakfast is at Café@2, on second floor. I am HH D. Upgraded to a corner room, as usual. Executive lounge not overly busy. Several tables available. Great food / drink selection. Room was not ready until 1pm. Received a late check-out to 3 pm. Just another nice stay.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 2:50 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
Emailed me two days out to tell me construction continues, and they no longer have any smoking rooms. As a smoker (no lectures please), I asked due the chance in policy with no advance warning, will you please cancel and refund my prepaid non cancellable reservation.
Thank you for not staying in a non-smoking room and smoking anyway. As someone allergic to tobacco, it's a horrible experience when I check-in to a non-skoking room that reeks of tobacco.
:D! likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 2:52 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by hugolover
Such as?
Old Feb 10, 2019, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by thefilipinotraveler
Very nice. I was surprised myself when this happened to me in November 2018, at my 5th visit (2-3 days each) in 8 weeks. My luck was also arriving shortly before noon, staying two nights and already at reservation requesting a late check-out at 4 pm (granted). Two years earlier i had the second largest suite of this hotel, IIRC 98 m2, in the opposite corridor.

Already looking forward to three upcoming visits in the next two months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.