Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2018, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
if your dates are firm, wait for one of the numerous flash sales for TH/Asia, often 35-40% off.

Personally, I think 6,900++ THB/nt is way too much for this property and I would book elsewhere.
Cynicor likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 4:16 am

Would have to agree with that. Way too much.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 12:41 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Personally, I think 6,900++ THB/nt is way too much for this property and I would book elsewhere.
Originally Posted by Cynicor
Would have to agree with that. Way too much.
To be fair, the rate @restlessinRNO was quoting included tax, so it would be 5.9k THB before tax, not 6.9k THB. Still, the conclusion remains the same, it's not a good deal at that price.
restlessinRNO and Cynicor like this.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 1:38 pm

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
Checked in yesterday... was told that the lobby renovation work has been extended to end of November. The first batch of renovated rooms (high floors) will not be ready till early 2019.

Even on the 17th floor (second lowest guest room floor), I can hear the drilling and hammering at 845am..... perhaps it’s time to consider an alternative option

Last edited by l380; Oct 14, 2018 at 7:51 pm
Old Oct 16, 2018, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by l380
Checked in yesterday... was told that the lobby renovation work has been extended to end of November. The first batch of renovated rooms (high floors) will not be ready till early 2019.

Even on the 17th floor (second lowest guest room floor), I can hear the drilling and hammering at 845am..... perhaps it’s time to consider an alternative option
Will be staying in early April...I hope everything is done by then.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jphripjah
I've noticed lately that the Conrad Residences room rates are a lot lower than the regular Conrad rooms is there a reason for this? As a diamond member would I still get free breakfast and lounge access if I book into the residences?
No lounge access. It's not considered part of the residences. Breakfast is given at the restaurant. Currently being house in the Chinese restaurant and adjoining conference rooms as main one closed for renovation.

I checked in on 16th and planned on staying through Nov 6th. I checked out on 18th and moved to Marriott Executive Apartments just down the road. Much nicer units and half the cost.

Last edited by flyerCO; Oct 21, 2018 at 10:09 pm
Old Nov 2, 2018, 2:10 am

Programs: HH Diamond,Virgin Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Currently at Conrad Bangkok. I do not understand how it is slipping down the Tripadvisor ranking. Stayed here 10 times over the last 8 years and in my opinion it is better than ever. The lobby construction is still going on but has not impacted us in any way. I was worried about construction noise in our room but we have not heard a peep. Executive lounge offerings are the best of any Hilton or Conrad in recent years. Usually Executive lounge offerings are repetitive and boring but the selection here is varied each day and huge choice. Staff morale seems high and Everyone has been very attentive and friendly. Probably my favourite Conrad
turtlemichael and gav0106 like this.

Last edited by PaulH1; Nov 2, 2018 at 2:22 am
Old Nov 2, 2018, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by PaulH1
Currently at Conrad Bangkok. I do not understand how it is slipping down the Tripadvisor ranking. Stayed here 10 times over the last 8 years and in my opinion it is better than ever. The lobby construction is still going on but has not impacted us in any way. I was worried about construction noise in our room but we have not heard a peep. Executive lounge offerings are the best of any Hilton or Conrad in recent years. Usually Executive lounge offerings are repetitive and boring but the selection here is varied each day and huge choice. Staff morale seems high and Everyone has been very attentive and friendly. Probably my favourite Conrad
My guess is familiarity breeds complacency. I'm know I'm guilty of it at a couple hotels I'm a regular at.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 2:12 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Checked in and given a present as it’s my 10th stay. Voucher for dinner at the Chinese resteraunt valid for a year. Nice surprise.

So entrance works fallen behind again, another few weeks.

Rooms are being completely remodelled. Sounds like Singapore. First ones should be ready by end of year. They have started top floors.

Old Nov 10, 2018, 1:05 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
What are the standard Diamond benefits at the Conrad a the moment - just asking regarding the room upgrades.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 1:30 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by Ed Size
What are the standard Diamond benefits at the Conrad a the moment - just asking regarding the room upgrades.
I had 3 one-night stays at the beginning of the year. Always had booked the cheapest King Size available.
First stay, Executive King Size, 2nd stay, Executive Corner King Size, 3rd stay, massive suite
Ed Size likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 1:50 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
You may get corner room which are nice. Upgrades are limited now due to room upgrades.
Ed Size likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 6:32 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by Ed Size
Usually Diamonds receive a one-category room upgrade plus lounge access. If you're a frequent guest, suite upgrades are not uncommon. Of course, upgrades depend on availability, and there seem to be a fair number of Diamonds who stay at this hotel.
Ed Size likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by FlytheTail
Usually Diamonds receive a one-category room upgrade plus lounge access. If you're a frequent guest, suite upgrades are not uncommon. Of course, upgrades depend on availability, and there seem to be a fair number of Diamonds who stay at this hotel.
That's been my experience, receiving a corner room. My late wife and I would occasionally receive a suite upgrade, but quite frsnkly, now that I'm alone, I actually prefer the openness of the corner rooms. I'm not a big fan, however, of the F & B options on property, including those offered in the Executive Lounge.
Ed Size likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 6:37 pm

I usually do 4 night stays and always get the executive king. Don't think I've ever been upgraded above that as gold or diamond.
Ed Size likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.