Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2018, 5:57 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
Currently at property. Staying on 24th floor. Could hear construction all day long. Very loud. Make sure room at checkin isn't directly under floor being worked on.

Was told construction stopped at 5:00 pm, more like 5:30.

Yes, elephant still given out. Ours was wearing a hard hat
I am surprised they did not put you on a lower floor room as a Diamond. When I checked in, the agent mentioned that she was putting me on a lower floor room (18 I think) as the construction was on the upper floors and less chance I would hear any noise down there.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 1:27 pm

Probably expected, but the renovations are now until end of October as noted on Conrad Bangkok website:

- In support of our commitment to deliver exceptional experiences to every guest every time, Conrad Bangkok will be partly renovated till 31st October 2018. During this period some public areas and restaurants will not be accessible.

Booked the Conrad in early October, I am going to request for a room that has been already renovated (understanding the room renos are pretty basic).
Cynicor likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 12:25 am

I do like the "probably expected" 😂
I will assume renovations underway until just before December for their next shoulder/peak season.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 12:55 am

I‘ve staid in Bangkok about every month the last years. From my point of view there is no peak season there. Of course there are short peak periods like Chinese New Year.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 1:14 am

Christmas and new year seem to be high occupancy times at the Conrad, which was where I think they are aiming.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 5:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Cynicor
Christmas and new year seem to be high occupancy times at the Conrad, which was where I think they are aiming.
Yes Bangkok is absolutely packed that week.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 6:18 am

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by Wadge
I see, thanks for the info. I had the same impression. It"s not worth the extra penny.

I meant you cannot make a booking that would upgrade to this room type straight. They said the max upgrade can be done to the corner suite.
For data stand point.
Just got NOR1 offer, booked basic room (3998), offered up to Terrace suite for 5608. Up front Terrace suite price is 8163. So It's technically cheaper to book direct to terrace suite for my dates.
So, 5608 is on top of what i paid (3998+5608=9606)? I thought NOR1 should be cheaper....

Upgrades - Request one or more eStandby Upgrades and click Continue below
650 THB

531THB

Extra per night

Save

119THB

per night

Deluxe Corner Room King Size Bed , 53m2/570 sq. ft.
  • Located at the corners of the hotel and offer 13 square metres of extra space
  • Features a spacious walk-in closet & a Notebook-sized in-room safe
  • Hallway entrance decorated with luxurious modern Thai-style furnishings with beautiful silk and natural wood
  • A contemporary free-standing bathtub next to windows overlooking the city
Request
2,300 THB

1,944THB

Extra per night

Save

356THB

per night

King Bed Executive Level , 41m2/436 sq. ft.
  • Enjoy exclusive security key card access to the Executive and Cigar Lounge
  • Lounge access includes full daily breakfast, afternoon tea and coffee, and evening cocktails
  • Complimentary 50 MB in-room Broadband and Wireless Internet access
  • Decorated with the finest Thai-style luxury furnishings adorned with beautiful silk and natural wood
  • Features a Notebook-sized in-room safe, a 32” Sony LCD TV, and iPod docking station
  • Private check-in and check-out services
  • Meeting room usage with high-speed internet access workstations
Show More Details
Request
8,000 THB

5,608THB

Extra per night

Save

2,392THB

per night

King Bed Suite Terrace , 71m2/764 sq. ft.
  • Spacious balcony with sun deck and four-seater table with panoramic views over the Bangkok skyline
  • Separate living and sleeping quarters for comfort and privacy
  • Access to the Executive and Cigar Lounge with full daily breakfast, afternoon tea and coffee, evening cocktails, private check-in and check-out, and meeting room usage
  • One person per room, each additional guest will be charged 700 THB
Old Oct 6, 2018, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by Fly2Where
So, 5608 is on top of what i paid (3998+5608=9606)? I thought NOR1 should be cheaper....
Yes, the NOR1 fee is on top of your original room rate. The total becomes cheaper once your elite upgrade is processed, as the difference is then tallied from the upgraded room's rate. Unfortunately, that upgrade usually shows up at the earliest the day before arrival.

Also, pricing at the Conrad BKK seems to be running above normal levels during this renovation, probably reflecting sustained demand and reduced supply.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 2:44 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by monahos
Also, pricing at the Conrad BKK seems to be running above normal levels during this renovation, probably reflecting sustained demand and reduced supply.
I have observed the same for several dates. I am normally willing to book a hotel under renovation if rates are lower in order to accommodate for the drawbacks of the renovations. But at Conrad BKK the opposite is happening so I have stayed away from this hotel for quite a while now. I will only return once renovations are complete because either I can have better overall customer experience, a better price, or both.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 3:27 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Originally Posted by escape4
I have observed the same for several dates. I am normally willing to book a hotel under renovation if rates are lower in order to accommodate for the drawbacks of the renovations. But at Conrad BKK the opposite is happening so I have stayed away from this hotel for quite a while now. I will only return once renovations are complete because either I can have better overall customer experience, a better price, or both.
I have just had a couple of stays there. Rates fairly low. No
issues with renovations. Nothing different for me personally. Check in 2nd floor fine. Rooms not affected. Lounge still the same. Will be good to see it when it has finished. Into November now I understand
Old Oct 7, 2018, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by gav0106
I have just had a couple of stays there. Rates fairly low.
What do you consider "fairly low" to be?
Old Oct 7, 2018, 8:55 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Originally Posted by escape4
What do you consider "fairly low" to be?
Frist stay was 3800 ex tax

2nd 4200 ex tax
Old Oct 7, 2018, 11:22 am

Programs: UA 2MM

I have just had a couple of stays there. Rates fairly low. No
issues with renovations. Nothing different for me personally. Check in 2nd floor fine. Rooms not affected. Lounge still the same. Will be good to see it when it has finished. Into November now I understand
I stayed at the Conrad Bangkok just over a week ago. A basic room was 6955 THB (includes tax). So rates vary a lot. No problems with renovations. Breakfast in Chinese restaurant on 3rd floor was outstanding. Executive lounge not over-crowded. The silk elephant comes with construction hat.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
The silk elephant comes with construction hat.
I hope the hard hat will not be out of stock by my next stay

For reference my notes indicate rack rate for a standard room was THB4200++ in mid-March.
Over the years I have usually taken advantage of advance purchase sale rates when in the lower THB3k++ range.
escape4 likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 11:16 pm

Frist stay was 3800 ex tax
2nd 4200 ex tax
Not bad indeed. But personally for my targeted dates in 6 different stays from August to November, everything I have seen was in the range 4.6k-6.1k++ THB which I would not consider low. I was seeing rates 3.3k-3.6k++ earlier this year, before August. At that price I can pull the trigger, but 4.6k or above I will not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.