Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2017, 3:03 am

Have this property normally extended diamond benefits to other room when booking two rooms (both rooms booked under my name/account but parents staying in another)?

Thank you!
Old Oct 28, 2017, 3:49 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Have done this before - both rooms got breakfast/lounge access, though only one got upgraded.

Originally Posted by Leo123
Have this property normally extended diamond benefits to other room when booking two rooms (both rooms booked under my name/account but parents staying in another)?

Thank you!
Old Oct 28, 2017, 5:36 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by :D!
As Diamond I have just been upgraded one level to an Exec room, but I did manage to check in at 6.30am plus got late check-out, so will be using the room for nearly 33 hours
Fantastic!

In one of our last stays they upgraded us to a Terrace Suite but we arrived at the hotel at 9pm and checked out at 5am, so not real value
Old Oct 28, 2017, 3:58 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Leo123

Thank you!
On paid nights, upgrades = possibly both. Not sure if booking award/points nights, but likely only 1-room upgrades then

Likely to get lounge access on both rooms either way.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 8:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Conrad Bangkok only upgrades HHD's/HHG's very late, sometimes only 10am (locak time) on day of checkin, and if lucky 8pm onwards night before.

Hotel is rather inundated with elites (both HHD + HHG) , as such most HHD's on base room upgrade to Exec room. Hotel doesn't have enough Corner-Exec/Suites to upgrade all the HHD's staying each night (even before all the free HHD's matches were created for the 2years ending Mar2018)

There are about 5x corner exec rooms (other corner rooms form part of the full suites), that also get used for upgrades if you book 2nd cat Dlx Corner, like you did. And they are a little bit nicer than standard (non corner) exec rooms. This doesn't mean you won't be lucky and get exec suite on a first ever stay, but it is less likely as they get quite a few nor1 requests from guests booking base room.

Upgrades to the "propper" Exec/Terrace/Deluxe suites tend to go to their regular repeating paid night guests, and those guests who tick the NOR1 upgrade box. Pres Suite is not normally used unless guest books it or hotel is sold out and has to use it.
Arrived around 4:30 PM and was upgraded to an Exec Corner room (having booked a regular corner room). I expressed some displeasure to this since I essentially get all Exec privileges as a HHD, so this upgrade was not really much of an upgrade.

Also pointed out that a number of suites were available for the duration of our stay for sale, and showed it to the Exec. Lounge staffer. They said they would look into it, and voila, got an upgrade to a suite on the 30th floor. Just had to wait for it to be prepared, but that hour or so was definitely worth it.

Sitting in the living room typing this note with my cup of Nespresso coffee
Old Nov 4, 2017, 5:13 pm

is this somehow also own by the same company as the conrad by the bay in manila which open just this year?
Old Nov 5, 2017, 3:08 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by john yland
is this somehow also own by the same company as the conrad by the bay in manila which open just this year?
Conrad Manila is owned by one of the very wealthy the Filipino families who own propery in Philippines ii many other hotels+malls. All their other hotels are budget-medium level, not a higher 4* or lower 5* Conrad standard hotel.

They did bring in a know experienced GM to cover running a more up market hotel. The owners had no experience of owning/running such a much higher category hotel.

I can't rate a hotel as 5* (ie Conrad Manila) when offering shower only bath rooms unless occupying a full suite.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 12:06 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Sitting in the lounge after a 2 night stay (upgraded from standard tot executive king). They made a fuss about late check-out, managed to get 2pm in the end, hotel is full though. Yesterday they told me we can use the lounge untill we leave to the airport (night flight) and now they just told me we have to leave after afternoon tea (we have to sit and wait in the lobby for 3 hours??). I had to fight to get lounge access untill 6pm? First time ever I had to do this in a hotel in SE Asia. Next time back to the Millennium, where we had a great 3 night stay 2 weeks ago... Sorry Conrad
Old Nov 6, 2017, 1:56 am
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
That’s why airports created departure lounges

Originally Posted by Delectatio
Sitting in the lounge after a 2 night stay (upgraded from standard tot executive king). They made a fuss about late check-out, managed to get 2pm in the end, hotel is full though. Yesterday they told me we can use the lounge untill we leave to the airport (night flight) and now they just told me we have to leave after afternoon tea (we have to sit and wait in the lobby for 3 hours??). I had to fight to get lounge access untill 6pm? First time ever I had to do this in a hotel in SE Asia. Next time back to the Millennium, where we had a great 3 night stay 2 weeks ago... Sorry Conrad
Old Nov 6, 2017, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by Srisarin
That’s why airports created departure lounges
You really wanna go to the airport at 4pm for a midnight flight?
Old Nov 6, 2017, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I had to fight to get lounge access untill 6pm? First time ever I had to do this in a hotel in SE Asia.
I doubt that you will be asked to leave at/after 6PM if you stay in the lounge. The lounge is very busy for evening drinks/capanes so I'm not surprised that they try to restrict the No. of guests in the evening.

This hotel is very stringy with late check-outs. Again, it may relate to the fact that occupancy rate is high.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 8:13 am

I'm used to book an additional night, if my flight departs arround or after midnight. Doesn't cost the world and makes the life so much more relaxed.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
?

Up to you, but to me it would be a total waste of money. Paying full nights rate for staying in the room a few hours more (mind you, Conrad rates are not that cheap) Even with a limited late check-out you will still be able to use the pool area, gym, the lounge (if EL access was included) after check-out and outside the hotel there are plenty of ways to kill a few hours. A midnight BKK depart. would require you to leave the city around 9 PM (10PM at the latest if it is one of the 01AM dep.).
Old Nov 6, 2017, 12:09 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by SK AAR
?

Up to you, but to me it would be a total waste of money. Paying full nights rate for staying in the room a few hours more (mind you, Conrad rates are not that cheap) Even with a limited late check-out you will still be able to use the pool area, gym, the lounge (if EL access was included) after check-out and outside the hotel there are plenty of ways to kill a few hours. A midnight BKK depart. would require you to leave the city around 9 PM (10PM at the latest if it is one of the 01AM dep.).
+1

And many of us at Flyertalk look for advice on good deals, not to pay rack rates
Old Nov 6, 2017, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Leave bags with bell service and go out until you need to go to the airport.

Plenty of places within walking distance of the Conrad to while away a few hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.