Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2017, 6:15 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
Golds usually get lounge access, but recently the lounge is often at full capacity, so I suspect they had to restrict access to Golds while you were there. At least you got a corner room, I like those almost as much as their executive suites. And for this Diamond, corner rooms are my usual upgrade (with lounge access).
Same for me - I am a diamond and have had an upgrade to a corner room for 5 out of 5 stays and counting.

Below are two videos I took of the past two corner rooms I received showing the different layouts:

Overall a great hotel for me - good value for a solid 5* and great location walking distance from Sukhumvit. I prefer the Shangri-La but with Bangkok Traffic being what it is I always go for walking distance over hotel.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
Golds usually get lounge access, but recently the lounge is often at full capacity, so I suspect they had to restrict access to Golds while you were there.
I checked in last week at this property as HH Gold (I have stayed a few times before and they are aware that I have stayed there before). Was kindly reminded that it is a one-category upgrade policy only and that you need to book at least a corner room in order to get lounge access as HH G.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 4:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by SK AAR
I checked in last week at this property as HH Gold (I have stayed a few times before and they are aware that I have stayed there before). Was kindly reminded that it is a one-category upgrade policy only and that you need to book at least a corner room in order to get lounge access as HH G.
Aaah, you're right. They instituted that policy about a year ago and I had forgotten. Thanks for posting.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 8:39 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond, SPG Gold
I am a Gold. Booked a basic room for the weekend. Do you think it is worth it to pay 500 baht to upgrade to corner room and hope for an upgrade in order to gain access to the lounge?

In your opinion, is the lounge worth it?
Old Aug 2, 2017, 12:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by kt85
I am a Gold. Booked a basic room for the weekend. Do you think it is worth it to pay 500 baht to upgrade to corner room and hope for an upgrade in order to gain access to the lounge?

I would pay 500 THB extra just for the corner room, regardless of lounge. It's a nice room.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 9:17 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by kt85

Originally Posted by Kacee
I would pay 500 THB extra just for the corner room, regardless of lounge. It's a nice room.
Yes, 500 baht is worth it, especially if you then get upgraded to something with EL access. The evening happy hour spread is very good. I would of eaten breakfast in the EL as well, but enjoy my noodles too much, so headed downstairs instead

I can't speak to the corner room, since both times I've staid as a DIA, I've been upgraded from a basic room to an Executive Level room, but only standard size.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 10:12 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
There's a Asian Breakfast section in the EL behind bread/honey station that includes noodles.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 10:40 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Chang11
There's a Asian Breakfast section in the EL behind bread/honey station that includes noodles.
Made to order noodle soup? Definitely didn't see it. Requires quite a large setup downstairs.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 12:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
I can't speak to the corner room, since both times I've staid as a DIA, I've been upgraded from a basic room to an Executive Level room, but only standard size.
Likewise, but I've always rejected the upgrade and asked for a corner room on a lower floor. It's worth it - especially when as diamonds we get lounge access anyway.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 7:00 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Made to order noodle soup? Definitely didn't see it. Requires quite a large setup downstairs.
No, it is not a noodle station as you were talking about. Just buffet style noodles, if that makes sense.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Spock Seat
The Airport Rail Link to Phaya Thai Station. Transfer to BTS Sky Train at the same station (you'll may have to buy another ticket, simple process), and then go to Phloen Chit Station. You do not have to transfer to the train at Siam Station (going in the same direction opposite side). A Shuttle Bus at Phloen Chit to the Conrad will pick you up at the street corner -- the window will have a sign with the Conrad logo on it.

Very easy to do.
Is this still accurate as of fall 2017?
Old Sep 1, 2017, 10:46 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Is this still accurate as of fall 2017?
Yes. Although I usually do not want to wait for the Conrad shuttle bus, which I think is 20 minute daytime service. I just walk to the hotel. However I would not advise this if it is raining or you have considerable luggage.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
Yes. Although I usually do not want to wait for the Conrad shuttle bus, which I think is 20 minute daytime service. I just walk to the hotel. However I would not advise this if it is raining or you have considerable luggage.
Thanks. First time to BKK for me and I want to make this easy and use public transport. Wife and I, two backpacks, two roller board carry-ones, and one slightly larger than carryon rollerboard. I'm guessing I'll be ok.

Anyone have updated shuttle schedule?
Old Sep 2, 2017, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
When two persons and first timers to BKK, I wouldn't bother with public transportation to the Conrad. Take a taxi from the airport - it will be around 400 THB. Pubic transport for 2 will be almost 200 THB and you will most likely have to wait for the shuttle bus (unless you decide to walk to the hotel). There is a thread in the Thailand forum about transport to/from the airport, incl. taxi.

Carrying so much luggage and changing transport modes 2 times will be a hot and sweating experience in BKK. Don't bother.

Last edited by SK AAR; Sep 2, 2017 at 1:35 am
Old Sep 2, 2017, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
When two persons and first timers to BKK, I wouldn't bother with public transportation to the Conrad. Take a taxi from the airport - it will be around 400 THB. Pubic transport for 2 will be almost 200 THB and you will most likely have to wait for the shuttle bus (unless you decide to walk to the hotel). There is a thread in the Thailand forum about transport to/from the airport, incl. taxi.

Carrying so much luggage and changing transport modes 2 times will be a hot and sweating experience in BKK. Don't bother.
i almosf exclusively walk everywhere, and completely agree with this statement. Use it for the first time when you have no luggage. Tee transfer at phaya Thai is slightly confusing and annoying with too much luggage.
dsquared37 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.