Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2022, 8:31 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by petter2
This is such an incompetent hotel.. My Thailand Pass got rejected for the 3rd time because they did not respond. Weirdly I got the QR code anyway after the 1st hotel approved it. Send them all the documents like passport, consent forms, credit card details via email. (Day 1 hotel did not need any of this). Still, rejected and they are not responding. Asked to be called back by a manager, let's see what's gonna happen. Otherwise I'm gonna cancel the booking and go elsewhere, travelling next Thursday.
Are you emailing the hotel using hotmail? For some reason emails sent to hotmail accounts are getting blocked, I had this issue and after calling the hotel they sent me everything to my gmail account.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 10:35 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, BA Gold
The rooms are very nice, well soundproofed. As Diamond, no suite upgrade, just a corner room (I have now decided to stop chasing Diamond, I haven't been getting any suite upgrades recently and just don't see the point in it anymore).
The main issue with this hotel is service, it's just very unsatisfactory, especially for a Conrad. At check-in had to ask every little detail: What time is breakfast? When do we need to do the Covid test? No info about the executive lounge timing was given. In the lounge, they forgot half the breakfast order. Room service with PLASTIC cutlery in takeaway boxes, in a 5-star hotel... When I called to request metal cutlery, they said they will bring some but never came.
The food in the lounge is of good quality though. Question is, do you need to have food in the lounge when Bangkok is literally a huge street food market. We only ended up going there 1 out of 5 nights.
Stayed to the Waldorf Astoria the day after and it was much better, so if it is within your budget I would recommend that much more.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by petter2
... (I have now decided to stop chasing Diamond, I haven't been getting any suite upgrades recently and just don't see the point in it anymore).
Upgrades are nice when you get them, but they are not really an advertised feature of the Diamond program. In fact, after being a Diamond member for many years, I can recall many Conrad (e.g. Singapore, Hong Kong & London) where I have never been upgraded to a suite, although I have stayed there many times. Perhaps that is due to the hotels not having too many suites to start with?
Old Apr 5, 2022, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by puchong
Upgrades are nice when you get them, but they are not really an advertised feature of the Diamond program. In fact, after being a Diamond member for many years, I can recall many Conrad (e.g. Singapore, Hong Kong & London) where I have never been upgraded to a suite, although I have stayed there many times. Perhaps that is due to the hotels not having too many suites to start with?
I've been upgraded to a suite multiple times at the HK Conrad (about 60%), a few times in SIN (about 25%) and just a couple of times in BKK. Never at the one in TYO.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 6:15 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold

Indeed and a property such as Bangkok has a vast amount of Diamonds staying. They will prioritise those who stay a lot, those who earn diamond from revenue not free from credit cards etc. Corner room is a good upgrade and a decent size room, if you book deluxe and get a Grand Premium Room it is 4 step upgrade.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 10:07 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Upgrades are nice when you get them, but they are not really an advertised feature of the Diamond program.
It unambiguously is an advertised feature. I'd agree that I wouldn't take it for granted outside of high end Asian hotels though.
zeer0 and Ghoulish like this.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 11:46 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by gav0106
Indeed and a property such as Bangkok has a vast amount of Diamonds staying. They will prioritise those who stay a lot, those who earn diamond from revenue not free from credit cards etc. Corner room is a good upgrade and a decent size room, if you book deluxe and get a Grand Premium Room it is 4 step upgrade.
The property treating Diamonds better that stay frequently with them, fair enough and fully understandable and that is definitely done.

Differentiating between Diamonds who qualify via stay spend or credit card is wishful thinking and not feasible for the property to assess as what they can see of your Hhonors profile is limited to start with (and they don't care frankly from many interactions with hotel managers / GMs etc).

What you spend with them is key and can even top high loyalty membership status at a property level.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 1:43 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, BA Gold

From the Hilton website "If we have a better room available, it’s yours – up to a 1-bedroom suite" - and rooms were available to book. But the last time I got a suite was over 2 years ago when I was gold, didn't even get one in Dubai. And seems like this property changed its policy, from the posts before it seemed to be possible to get a suite from the base room.

Old Apr 6, 2022, 11:54 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
this hotel never upgraded me above executive room (despite sometimes i booked an executive room). it seems like they don't do suite upgrade here.

many times they tried to downgrade me to a grand premium room which is bigger but priced below an executive room.

food and beverages offering in the lounge have been gone downhill. service was also getting worse.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 5:53 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Exactly why I always booked the base room on our corp rate and usually got Exec room, whether I was Gold or Diamond at the time didn't seem to matter much IIRC.

They would also give some additional goodies at certain milestones like 10, 20, ... 50 nights or so, e.g. a free dinner for 2, spa treatments, etc. That was a while ago though . YMMV.
Old May 18, 2022, 4:47 am
jxd

Based on recent reviews it seems like they have switched to the large "Byredo Mojave Ghost" amenities. Any idea if we can still request for the shanghai tang ones?
Old May 19, 2022, 11:04 am

How is this hotel compared to Kimpton Maa Lai Bangkok assuming the prices are the same? This is for a family stay in July. I will book the base rooms on both.
Can someone who has been to both hotels comment on the service/breakfast/lounge/upgrade? I know the Kimpton is relatively new, and the Conrad is not.

​​​​I am both Hilton Diamond and IHG Diamond/Ambassador.
Thanks.
​​​​​​​
Old May 19, 2022, 11:53 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
The Kimpton usually goes for 3x the price of the Conrad, so the scenario seems rather unexpected!
Old May 19, 2022, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
The Kimpton usually goes for 3x the price of the Conrad, so the scenario seems rather unexpected!
I have some free night certs to burn, so the costs for me are similar between them. Beside, the prices were not that different last year.
Are they not in the same league in your opinion?
Old May 31, 2022, 3:55 am

Hi all, planning to come here in mid june and have access to F&F rates which are $84/night for the Deluxe King. Has this property gotten any better with upgrades, especially during Covid with presumably low occupancy? This will be our second time staying there as Diamonds FWIW.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.