Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2021, 8:01 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by gav0106
Here you go. Khun Ken is a duty manager and very helpful
About how long did it take Ken to reply to email?
Old Dec 11, 2021, 9:13 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Originally Posted by anabolism
About how long did it take Ken to reply to email?

Usually very prompt. Could be off. Try this as well: [email protected].
Old Dec 25, 2021, 3:13 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Had a decent stay here last week. No real upgrade as Diamond but got an Executive room that was just renovated. Really happy with the room, super modern design that felt 5* high-end. Not impressed with the lounge, I went in for afternoon tea and evening appetizers, poor selections and it got extremely crowded in the evening. Breakfast was also just ok, I had much better selections at the rest of the hotels I stayed at in Thailand. I've never really been impressed with the Hilton lounges I've been in, it feels like a gimmick - give me a suite upgrade instead any day.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 3:48 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
Trip report

Here now in the lounge enjoying the view. Seems to be operating as per pandemic but food scaled way back from when we were here six years ago. Tea had scones and a couple sandwiches with some desserts and evening had a couple hot options with some veggie sticks and a couple dessert options. Missed breakfast this am but will check it out tomorrow.

Arrival process couldn’t have been easier. Got to hotel desks about 15 minutes after landing. Was first to go through doc check and only one in front of me at immigration. Hotel desks are a bit chaotic…would help if they told you which desk, but I asked someone and as they were walking me to the desk, the rep called my name and in about five minutes was in car. Went to drive through test and in room about 70 minutes after landing. Pretty impressed with food options during quarantine! Quite a nice menu.

got upgraded to oversized corner room for the other two nights of my stay. Everyone is genuinely happy we are visiting!

Last edited by divrdrew; Dec 29, 2021 at 4:02 am
Old Dec 29, 2021, 4:47 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by divrdrew
Here now in the lounge enjoying the view. Seems to be operating as per pandemic but food scaled way back from when we were here six years ago. Tea had scones and a couple sandwiches with some desserts and evening had a couple hot options with some veggie sticks and a couple dessert options. Missed breakfast this am but will check it out tomorrow.
Where on earth did you find those vegetables? Up until Saturday I was there for 11 days with a Vegan friend and we never saw any fresh vegetables for the whole time!
zeer0 likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by headingwest
Where on earth did you find those vegetables? Up until Saturday I was there for 11 days with a Vegan friend and we never saw any fresh vegetables for the whole time!
they were just sitting there minding their own business :-)
SQWINGS, Cynicor and headingwest like this.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 4:57 pm

Breakfast update

While the afternoon tea and evening appetizers are not as extensive as last trip, breakfast definitely was! Breakfast in the lounge is amazing! Nice selection. Lots of Asian dishes like ombré, hard boiled eggs, made to order omelets, a large fridge section with in house smoked salmon (amazing!), fresh yogurts, fresh cheese and fruit. Cereal, pancakes, fresh breads, pastries, etc, etc, etc.

And on top of that, an a la cart menu! This is the best executive lounge breakfast I’ve seen! Even rivals the buffets in many of the restaurants…much better than most Hilton brand restaurant buffets I’ve seen in the US!

Apart of breads / pastries selection

Omelets and congee station

Cereals

Custom congee / noodles

A la carry menu on top of buffet. I could sit here for hours eating lol!

Fresh fruit selection

Round 1

Round 2

Cold case with yogurts, fruit, smoked salmon, sliced meats and cheeses, etc.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Breakfast in the lounge is amazing! Nice selection. Lots of Asian dishes like ombré, hard boiled eggs, made to order omelets, a large fridge section with in house smoked salmon (amazing!), fresh yogurts, fresh cheese and fruit. Cereal, pancakes, fresh breads, pastries, etc, etc, etc.

And on top of that, an a la cart menu! This is the best executive lounge breakfast I’ve seen! Even rivals the buffets in many of the restaurants
Round 1

That looks just like my round 1 (save for the onion), ha ha.

Seriously, it looks great. Now I'm starting to regret switching my Bangkok trip to the Seychelles, which I did a few days ago, when Thailand reimposed the mandatory quarantine with no fast track test to exit same day option.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 6:49 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, BA Gold
Has anyone been successful in adding a day 5 test to an existing booking here? After not responding to my email they only sent me an email after I contacted them on FB messenger, but they either don't seem to understand that I already have a prepaid booking or they can only add it as a package with room+half-board+pcr tests. Asked them to clarify but no response again.. I thought the UK was bad with all the paperwork required to travel but Thailand is taking this to a whole new level
Old Feb 7, 2022, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I doubt you can add a day 5 test to a normal reservation. These day 1 and day 5 tests come in certain packages; I would be surprised if you can book pick certain services and book separately.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by petter2
Has anyone been successful in adding a day 5 test to an existing booking here? After not responding to my email they only sent me an email after I contacted them on FB messenger, but they either don't seem to understand that I already have a prepaid booking or they can only add it as a package with room+half-board+pcr tests. Asked them to clarify but no response again.. I thought the UK was bad with all the paperwork required to travel but Thailand is taking this to a whole new level

The hotels are not up to speed yet I am afraid. The rules are not just complicated for us, but also them. Some hotels have no figured out they can offer full package 5 nights, test 1 and 5. or package night on arrival, and another package for day 5. It is not as simple as it sounds. Some hotels will not want to do the day 5 test by itself, if you test positive, it is a lot of hassle. 1st night is straight forward for them, but when you then go somewhere else for 4 days and could get Covid, to them come to them is a risk and costly. My honest opinion, until they drop it to 1 test on arrival only, do not come. There is a large amount of Covid out there, the daily numbers are useless. There are a lot of questions of tourists getting trapped and paying a lot of money after "suddenly" testing positive. Insurance companies refusing to pay etc. It is just one risk too much, simply to come on holiday. As I say just my opinion. Good luck with travels. Hopefully Conrad will get back to you.
mcgahat and Chang11 like this.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 2:27 am

Yes, need to be extra careful the first 5 days and only walk around with FFP2 masks, I would also advise anyone to move it to later in the, but doesn't work in my case, unfortunately.

I got a response from Conrad, their add-on package for a day 5 PCR test and dinner for 2 people is 6800 THB, which is a little bit overpriced but can't really do anything about it.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 2:37 am

Yes, need to be extra careful the first 5 days and only walk around with FFP2 masks, I would also advise anyone to move it to later in the, but doesn't work in my case, unfortunately.

I got a response from Conrad, their add-on package for a day 5 PCR test and dinner for 2 people is 6800 THB, which is a little bit overpriced but can't really do anything about it.

Good they replied. The tests are around 3000, for 2 people if you pay yourself, so I guess price not too bad. Have a safe trip.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 5:03 pm

This is such an incompetent hotel.. My Thailand Pass got rejected for the 3rd time because they did not respond. Weirdly I got the QR code anyway after the 1st hotel approved it. Send them all the documents like passport, consent forms, credit card details via email. (Day 1 hotel did not need any of this). Still, rejected and they are not responding. Asked to be called back by a manager, let's see what's gonna happen. Otherwise I'm gonna cancel the booking and go elsewhere, travelling next Thursday.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 6:55 pm

This is such an incompetent hotel.. My Thailand Pass got rejected for the 3rd time because they did not respond. Weirdly I got the QR code anyway after the 1st hotel approved it. Send them all the documents like passport, consent forms, credit card details via email. (Day 1 hotel did not need any of this). Still, rejected and they are not responding. Asked to be called back by a manager, let's see what's gonna happen. Otherwise I'm gonna cancel the booking and go elsewhere, travelling next Thursday.
Indeed, they are odd. They did not even respond to my enquiry for price. I booked Avani hotel instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.