Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2019, 8:50 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
Originally Posted by SgtRyan
Im in the exact same boat as you...but I have a bunch of points to burn for the first night. Debating on booking a suite here, or a suite at the Hilton Mil...however, for even less points I can get a 947 sq ft suite at the DoubleTree Ploenchitlink. I assume that DoubleTree will not be as good as the Conrad or Hilton??
The Riverview suites at the Millennium have excellent views of the river and are reasonably priced. I never tire at gazing at the assortment of river traffic. The Lounge shares the same views. It may be just me, but I have noticed since the giant mall opened next door rates have appeared to increased, you used to be able get some sweet suite deals.

I would totally skip the DoubleTree it's the backside of Nana Plaza (Red Light area) and used to be a Grace type hotel.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 5:05 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Answering my own question upstream, I found the hotel's email and asked about lounge situation. The reply yesterday (Oct 30, 2019) follows:

"I regret to inform you that the renovation for the executive lounge is still on going.
We anticipate that it will be done around January of 2020. We do apologize any inconvenience regarding this project.
As our Hilton Honors Diamond member, you have privilege to access our executive lounge which is relocated on level 3."

Eh. I think I'll go Millennium Hilton this go-round until renovations are done. It's just a pain for a first-night arrival having 4 transfers (AirportRailLink>BTS-Sukhumvit Line>BTS-Silom Line>Hotel Ferry) to the Hilton.

And, yes, I know I could get a limo or cab. But I'm cheap, in no hurry, have only a backpack, and kinda want to ride the Hilton ferry to the hotel.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
Answering my own question upstream, I found the hotel's email and asked about lounge situation. The reply yesterday (Oct 30, 2019) follows:

"I regret to inform you that the renovation for the executive lounge is still on going.
We anticipate that it will be done around January of 2020. We do apologize any inconvenience regarding this project.
As our Hilton Honors Diamond member, you have privilege to access our executive lounge which is relocated on level 3."

Eh. I think I'll go Millennium Hilton this go-round until renovations are done. It's just a pain for a first-night arrival having 4 transfers (AirportRailLink>BTS-Sukhumvit Line>BTS-Silom Line>Hotel Ferry) to the Hilton.

And, yes, I know I could get a limo or cab. But I'm cheap, in no hurry, have only a backpack, and kinda want to ride the Hilton ferry to the hotel.
Having stayed at both Millennium and Conrad in the past month, the views from Millennium Lounge are a million times better than the windowless Conrad, however... the food and beverage offerings at Conrad are a million times better than Millennium. Also, I much preferred Conrad pool to Millennium and Conrad rooms much nicer of course than Millennium. But can't beat the Millennium river views, although Conrad City Views are nice too. Conrad is definitely more quiet and reserved compared to Millennium, which seemed full of loud(er) tourists and families.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 7:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
Try the bus..makes it much easier.
https://moovitapp.com/i/NzIzNDg5Ng?t=1
Old Nov 3, 2019, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by ashkale
Try the bus..makes it much easier.
https://moovitapp.com/i/NzIzNDg5Ng?t=1
Edit: Wrong thread.

Last edited by thbe; Nov 6, 2019 at 1:44 pm
Old Nov 3, 2019, 3:41 am

Programs: ANA,Qantas,asiamiles,Royal Skies,Enrich
Grab from airport rail link station shouldn’t cost that much
Old Nov 3, 2019, 9:41 pm

Some of the posts about lack luster EL, food, and service are a bit disappointing to see, but since I got two nights here for $231 USD total after BRG I likely will stay.

Sucks to hear the new EL is expected to open in January 2020
Old Nov 4, 2019, 12:42 am

Programs: HH Diamond,Virgin Gold, Hyatt Platinum
We are still at Conrad Bangkok for 6 night stay and check out tomorrow
first 3 days of stay lounge was at capacity in evening and very busy ( Thurs, Fri and Sat )
Food in evening has been good with plenty of variety but staff have struggled to cope
duck pancakes, biriyani rice, pulled pork rolls lots of salad
However of food trays empty and food not replenished for long periods
Spoke to Food and beverage manager who apologised and has been much better since
He even kindly arranged some special sandwiches to be made for us which was kind
Last few days lounge has been much quieter and food replenishment has been very good
afternoon tea selection quite poor though
Old Nov 4, 2019, 2:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The hotels down the street are much better than the Conrad at only a slightly higher price point. If you're chasing HHonors points in Bangkok you're gonna be disappointed. It seems other chains have better properties and options. The Conrad is worth it at >$140/night, not worth it at anything higher. I miss the Bangkok Hilton of old!
Old Nov 4, 2019, 8:38 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
Originally Posted by travelinmanS
The hotels down the street are much better than the Conrad at only a slightly higher price point. If you're chasing HHonors points in Bangkok you're gonna be disappointed. It seems other chains have better properties and options. The Conrad is worth it at >$140/night, not worth it at anything higher. I miss the Bangkok Hilton of old!
Yes, those were the good olde days at the Bangkok Hilton. The most fantastic pool and garden area. And then the Fertility Shrine in the back. And no matter what you paid you could upgrade to a suite for $20 a night.

Yes, I'm not sure how long Paul has been staying at the Conrad not to have noticed a service reduction in the EL.

Pool

Garden/Pool
teemuflyer and FFlash like this.

Last edited by Chang11; Nov 4, 2019 at 9:32 am
Old Nov 5, 2019, 2:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Originally Posted by teo1991
Grab from airport rail link station shouldn’t cost that much
Long wait times and hard to get .
Old Nov 6, 2019, 2:53 am

Originally Posted by ashkale
Long wait times and hard to get .
But could be a good and cheap option beside a normal taxi. Both are around 130-150 Baht.

Depending on the daytime, I would prefer to take a taxi directly from the airport. From the Don Mueang Airport last month I paid around 220 Baht to the Hyatt Regency in Sukhumvit. Price was including the 50 Baht fee for the toll road.

Even if the price is like the double from the Suvarnabhumi airport, it is still more than OK compared to western prices.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 3:58 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Arrived a bit early today. Booked a standard king, on app was upgraded to Premium King. On arrival I asked if possible to have corner room, even downgrade to old corner room. Was given further upgrade to Grand Premium King (new corner room) no questions asked. Everything to the normal high and friendly standard. Lounge in afternoon quiet, and evening not too busy. I like it on 3rd floor, lots of rooms means you don’t have to sit in one big long room listening to loud Americans .
Word on street in expect the new lounge after Chinese New Year, Chinese owners, something to to with luck to open then.
Also worth noting that Diamonds are subject to more scrutiny now in regards to upgrades, in effect monitoring to ensure the correct level of upgrades are given, in order of regular diamonds, diamonds through stays and diamonds with free credit card, as in my view it should be, but just my opinion of course. Safe travels.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 4:52 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by gav0106
Arrived a bit early today. Booked a standard king, on app was upgraded to Premium King. On arrival I asked if possible to have corner room, even downgrade to old corner room. Was given further upgrade to Grand Premium King (new corner room) no questions asked. Everything to the normal high and friendly standard. Lounge in afternoon quiet, and evening not too busy. I like it on 3rd floor, lots of rooms means you don’t have to sit in one big long room listening to loud Americans .
Word on street in expect the new lounge after Chinese New Year, Chinese owners, something to to with luck to open then.
Also worth noting that Diamonds are subject to more scrutiny now in regards to upgrades, in effect monitoring to ensure the correct level of upgrades are given, in order of regular diamonds, diamonds through stays and diamonds with free credit card, as in my view it should be, but just my opinion of course. Safe travels.
Nice to hear about your upgrade. But what is your differentiation between regular diamonds and diamonds through stays? I consider myself to be both. 102 nights so far this year, no business travel, so I share your opinion
Old Nov 9, 2019, 5:44 am

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by gav0106
Hopefully, they reward Lifetime Diamonds above all others 😁

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.