Conrad Bangkok {THA}

Old Nov 10, 2018, 7:49 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Have stayed at this property over 40 times, 20 as a diamond/20 as a gold. NEVER had anything above a one category upgrade. No suites for me.
Ed Size likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 11:01 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
So no high expectations - but if the rate is OK I ll give a try, like the area and haven t been to the hotel since 2000/2001. What would be an okayish rate? 3500THB++? 4500THB++?
Old Nov 12, 2018, 4:44 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Doesn’t get much lower than 4500 these days. Due to ongoing reduction in rooms with rennovations I don’t think it would go much lower than that, but you never know
Ed Size likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 9:23 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
There is a sale going on right now. 3800 THB for days I needs in January. I won't book at this hotel when price is over 4000 THB.
Ed Size likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 12:43 pm

Any one stay here in the last few weeks?

According to hilton.com booking page it describes the hotel as newly refurbished. Wondering if work has actually completed.

Old Dec 8, 2018, 12:53 pm

Programs: US, HH
Originally Posted by greendx
Any one stay here in the last few weeks?

According to hilton.com booking page it describes the hotel as newly refurbished. Wondering if work has actually completed.
As of Thanksgiving, they were still working. The hotel entrance was still via the Residences. Was supposed to be done in November sometime, but the website now says January 31. That said, it wasn’t really bothersome.
greendx likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by GrjApp

As of Thanksgiving, they were still working. The hotel entrance was still via the Residences. Was supposed to be done in November sometime, but the website now says January 31. That said, it wasn’t really bothersome.
The only place in the lobby where I occasionally spend time, is the bar. Bar service still available, of course. The Recidences entrance is like a huge back door with marble finishings. No probs at all.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 1:31 pm

I was just curious. Staying there regardless in 2 weeks. Don't mind using the residences entrance. Just as long as there is no loud noise from construction, can still use the pool, etc.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
At my three visits early Nov - early Dec I wasn't disturbed by construction noice. Pool open on all occasions, but I expect no guarantee is made on accessibility
greendx likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by greendx
I was just curious. Staying there regardless in 2 weeks. Don't mind using the residences entrance. Just as long as there is no loud noise from construction, can still use the pool, etc.

First rooms due to be finished end of this year....well given the front entrance was due Oct now end Jan, may be optimistic You can see the rooms they are working on from the outside, highest floors. I had rooms on 22nd, 17 and no noise, room on 29 did have noise.
Pool is still okay and no works there
Old Dec 9, 2018, 9:52 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Any Comparisons to New Bangkok Waldorf Astoria?

I'm curious to hear about any comparisons of this Conrad to the new WA in BKK. I'm fully aware that the WA is positioned as the highest end Hilton brand, but this Conrad is also very top end, IMHO, and one of my favorites.

From what I can tell there is an about 25-40% premium for a "standard" room at the WA based on random dates I checked. My pet peeve of WA's is the lack of an EL, but that is obviously a first world problem..
wantan likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 8:14 pm

​​​​​​Just finished another stay

Note the front is still not finished and they are not sure when it will be, certainly into next year.

Rooms still being worked on, but it is different contractor so hopefully they will be on time! They took time to decide final mode room, and I understand that is done now.

I was on 29th floor and noise was bad. They were working right above me. Main hours for noise are 1000-1700. However the they work 24 hours so make sure you request room well away from works
Old Dec 18, 2018, 12:13 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by gav0106
Doesn’t get much lower than 4500 these days. Due to ongoing reduction in rooms with rennovations I don’t think it would go much lower than that, but you never know
Pretty crazy - you will be inconvenienced by the construction so we are raising the rates. I've been watching rates daily for a stay in Feb, refundable rates are over 5,800 - Hilton Sukhumvit is over 4,000.
restlessinRNO likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 1:56 am

Just checked in to my room on the 19th floor and it’s noisy enough to be annoying.

ETA:
Decided not to change rooms. Only heard noise for a few minutes today.

This is my first stay here since last December and while I still like the room, rate and location I don't like that I didn't get access to the lounge as gold (I know it's not guaranteed), issues with wifi and wired connectivity, I had DND on my door at 10am and turned on please clean room at 11am, no one showed up. Breakfast selection has been significantly reduced from a year ago (but still good). All in all, once I lose my HH Gold status there won't be any reason to stay here given that I will no longer get free breakfast and can get similar rates in other hotels.

Last edited by greendx; Dec 23, 2018 at 4:35 am
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:03 am

1st 2 floors of new rooms due end Jan. Just saw images. Wow looks amazing. Very modern, yet keeping the Thai style. If they look as good as images and practical it will be a winner.
Cynicor likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.