Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Cancun Golf & Spa Resort {MEX} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Cancun Golf & Spa Resort {MEX} (no longer Honors)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2003, 12:16 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
President's week begins February 16, 2004. I will be staying there that week on an GLON award.

Old Aug 21, 2003, 7:09 am
Original Member

Try searching with just cancun in the last 90 days or more. There are several matches on this search.

------------------
"The Eyes of Texas Are Upon You"
Old Aug 21, 2003, 7:36 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
This one is probably most on point but I would take Jaws up on his recommendation too

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/005060.html
Old Aug 21, 2003, 8:51 pm

Location: Smoke filled room, TPA and FLL/MIA :UAL 1K and 2MM,AA EX PLAT and 2MM,Lifetime Plat Starwood
I have done the villas. Very nice. Less view as they are far away from beach. But much quieter.
Old Sep 23, 2003, 6:50 am

Free upgrade for reward stay?

Just booked a 9 nights reward stay at Cancun Hilton. At the reservation desk of the hotel they offered to upgrade to Junior Suite for money, however as a Gold member I would rather go for courtesy upgrade upon arrival. Has anybody made experiences with upgrades for reward stays? Maybe specifically at the Cancun Hilton?

Cheers,

Lars
Old Sep 23, 2003, 7:25 am

I'll sugest e-mailing the hotel.
Although I've never been a guest at that specific hotel, a friend recently was, and reported an upgrade on an award stay.

I'm unsure, however, exactly what he received.

The Hilton Resorts in Hawaii are, apparently, pretty good about doing this.
So, there's at least some precedent!

Good Luck!
Old Sep 23, 2003, 4:47 pm

Welcome to Flyertalk LuLuther.

I've been upgraded many times on reward stays, but not every time. For the record, I'm Diamond. Sometimes you get an upgrade, sometimes you don't. More often than not though I get one on reward stays. I haven't stayed at that particular property before, so I can't comment on it specifically. It's possible that as a Gold, you may experience different results than others who are diamond. It certainly can't hurt to make a polite inquiry with a smile at check-in. Sometimes it has been helpful to send an e-mail to the guest services manager politely inquiring if an upgrade is at all possible. You can usually find the e-mail address for a particular property by doing a search on google.com.

[This message has been edited by hhonorman (edited 09-23-2003).]
Old Sep 24, 2003, 8:52 am

Location: Southern California - UA1K, Delta GM, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, AA Platinum
You need to email the director of rooms. I am not certain if it is the same woman as before. If I do find the email address I will email it to you.

I used this process 2 years ago and was updated to a JR SUITE. If it is a special occasion (honeymoon or anniversary) let them know too. Good luck.. awesome hotel.
Old Oct 18, 2003, 8:22 am

Location: Franklin, TN HHonors Diamond, Worldperks Platinum, Priority Club Platinum
we stayed at the Cancun Hilton in June. 2 rooms on Diamond Honors award for 8 nights. They were unable to upgrade us to a corner suite due to a convention being at the hotel. They got us as close up high with a great view. Also comp. continental breakfast coupons for all 6 of us every morning. You should contact the hotel to see if there is anything going on and, while I hear they rarely, if ever confirm upgrades in advance, it won't hurt to ask.

------------------
Old Oct 20, 2003, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL SM, HH Dia
I recently stayed at the Hilton Los Cabos on a 4 night reward stay and was upgraded to a 2-room suite. I was there during off season, and I am sure that helped.

Jeff
Old Oct 20, 2003, 4:39 pm

Welcome aboard Luther.

To help ensure the best upgrade possible, we often include a paid first night.

They often put you in the best room avail, then you will simply stay put for the remaining nights.

This is how we handle many of our longer rewards and has worked well.

[This message has been edited by PaulGQ (edited 10-20-2003).]
Old Nov 24, 2003, 9:14 am

I too am interested in how one can obtain confirmation ahead of time about free upgrade at the cancun hilton.
ANyone out there have the info??
thanks!
Old Nov 25, 2003, 1:12 am

Programs: M&M FTL, HHonors Diamond, Langham Elite, SPG Corporate Preferred
Same here. I'll probably stay at the Cancun Hilton in mid-April and would like to know how to secure (and confirm ahead of time) an upgrade. I'm Gold.
Old Nov 25, 2003, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by welookgood.com:
a great hotel but only 1 college age girl during peak week of spring break. ONE PERSON... as compared to sheraton with like 500... dont expect girls when it not spring break... not a party hotel but as diamond a nice place to bring a girl back..</font>
If the suites at the Hilton have jacuzzis on the patio like some of the suites at the Sheraton do, that might make it an excellent choice for just that purpose.
Old Nov 25, 2003, 2:45 pm

Programs: Ozark Airlines--Lifetime Platinum, Braniff---Diamond, Eastern--Plutonium Motel 6--Guest of the Month
Just to let everyone know...this path no longer guarantees anything...more than likely it was overwhelmed by the vast number of people trying to do it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.