Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Cancun Golf & Spa Resort {MEX} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Cancun Golf & Spa Resort {MEX} (no longer Honors)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2002, 10:19 am

Location: Southern California - UA1K, Delta GM, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, AA Platinum
Tute, thanks for the update.. Since it is only me and my wife.. I am hoping the 2 breakfast coupons still work or free.. either way

Thanks!
Old Jan 9, 2002, 3:39 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I expect 2B there on a GLON Feb. 9-15.

[This message has been edited by Brendan (edited 01-17-2002).]
Old Jan 11, 2002, 6:51 pm

I echo what Tute said - I stayed in early December using GLON, got deluxe room automatically, and got credited for 99 peso breakfasts automatically before checkout.

Old Jan 11, 2002, 11:26 pm

Location: Southern California - UA1K, Delta GM, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, AA Platinum
That is awesome about the breakfasts... I was hoping for that. Going to print the website page out (just in case). I found out from the hotel I have already been assigned upgraded accomodations. Seems like a very customer focused hotel.

Will let everyone know how my stay goes next week. Any recommendations on the tours? I want to see Chichen Itza and not sure which is the best way?? thanks everyone!!!
Old Jan 16, 2002, 3:04 pm

I'm also considering the Hilton Cancun for a May GLON trip. Or the Waikaloa next fall. Gotta keep those points rolling in!!

------------------
go west
Old Jan 17, 2002, 10:23 am
SST

How is the beach access and the beach itself at this hotel? I seem to remember someone somewhere saying that one hotel or another in Cancun really wasn't good for sun-seekers.
Old Jan 17, 2002, 11:14 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA Plt, MR Lifetime Plat & Amb
The beach is excellant at the Hilton Cancun. (There is a huge rip tide right in front of the Sheraton) Most people sit by the pool for the bar service so the beach can be empty. At least this means you wnn't have to compete for the beach chairs.

As for touring the surounding ruins, we rented a car from Budget right at the Hilton for $65 and drove. We found this to be the least expensive option, but there were four of us. On Sundays all the ruins (Everywhere in Mexico) do not charge anything to enter.
Old Feb 14, 2002, 9:50 am

Cancun Hilton's Water

Has anyone had any bad experience from the water at the Cancun Hilton? I will be there on a GLON next week.
Old Feb 14, 2002, 10:20 am
Original Member

Programs: SW A List Preferred, Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Are you talking about drinking the tap water? If so, yes it is purified, just like every other hotel in the hotel zone. However, I would still stick with bottled water just because it tastes better. But you need not be concerned about ordering drinks with ice or brushing your teeth with tap water.

I was there last month on an award stay and we had a great time. You'll get breakfast coupons good for the continental buffet for each day of your stay. You can upgrade to the full breakfast for about $6US.

Let me know if you have any other questions regarding the Cancun Hilton.
Old Feb 14, 2002, 5:05 pm

Location: Toronto, Canada - Hilton Diamond, NW Platinum, SPG Platinum
Cancun Hilton

I've given my parents a week at Cancun on points.....are they eligible for any perks?
Is this a nice place?
Shuttle from the airport? etc.
Any information would be appreciated...

Thanks!
Old Feb 15, 2002, 7:51 am
Original Member

I just returned from a week at this property on an award stay. As far as I'm concerned, it's one of the nicest resorts in the Hilton portfolio.

I doubt that your folks would get any perks unless they share your VIP status. VIP's typically get an upgrade from a standard room to at least a deluxe and free continental breakfast buffet each morning.

There is no shuttle from the airport. But I do have a recommendation. In the baggage claim area, after immigration but before customs there is a yellow transportation kiosk. You can get Suburban service to the Hilton for $9/person. At most your folks will share the car with three other drop offs. But since the Hilton is fairly far south in hotel zone, they most likely will be one of the first out of the car. By comparison, a cab from the airport to the Hilton would run around $30 US.

I highly recommend that your folks look into buying the Entertainment Plus card while in Cancun. It offers 2 for 1 meals at about 40 Cancun restaurants and it will typically pay for itself ($15US) the first time it is used. It also offers HUGE savings on tours. To take advantage of the tours, you need to call the customer service line after arrival in Cancun. The website for the card is: http://www.entertainment-plus.net

Old Feb 15, 2002, 9:36 am
Original Member

You could e-mail the hotel and request that any VIP perks be passed along to your parents. Couldn't hurt.
Old Feb 16, 2002, 12:57 am

Programs: UA 1k, AA Plt, MR Lifetime Plat & Amb
63A?-OK!, If you post put a email address in your profile you might be pleased with the information people will share with you. Welcome to FT!

Also, there is some very good info on the hotel and the opportunities of getting UG'd if you try searching the Hilton forum. Too many links to post them here.

I will agree with harold in that your parents have little chance of being UG'd with out status. That doesn't mean it can't be done.
Old Feb 16, 2002, 9:35 pm
Original Poster

Tip for the Cancun Hilton: befriend the concierges. They are exremely invaluable and have the ability to bestow VIP status on you at the hotel.

Of particular note, Laura is very helpful and nice.
Old Feb 17, 2002, 5:43 pm

Location: Toronto, Canada - Hilton Diamond, NW Platinum, SPG Platinum
Thank-you all very much for you replies - my parents don't do a lot of travelling. I forwarded your collective advice to them....and a big thanks from them as well..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.