Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Cancun Golf & Spa Resort {MEX} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Cancun Golf & Spa Resort {MEX} (no longer Honors)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2001, 8:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLAT, HYATT PLAT, HH GOLD, AA GOLD, MR GOLD
Does anyone know if the villas has something like a kitchen or at least a kitchenette?

I'd like to go with my kids but do not want to eat out every night, having a kitchentte type room is very helpful.
Old Jul 23, 2001, 8:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLAT, HYATT PLAT, HH GOLD, AA GOLD, MR GOLD
Nobbi,

Tell me about the club or "beach club" level.

What is the difference?
Old Sep 6, 2001, 8:27 pm

Any opinions on the Cancun resort

We just made reservations to go to Cancun in April. Has anyone stayed there? We were wondering what it was like, and if Gold Members get a free breakfast. Thanks.
Old Sep 9, 2001, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA Plt, MR Lifetime Plat & Amb
Anyone know what variety of rooms are offered? I have used my points to take my wife and I and two friends using two 130,000 point 4 night stays arriving on Octboer 5.

Just wondering what I can expect.

Also, this trip is for my wife's birthday, and I need to know if the concierge service is as good as in the US. I plan only calling ahead and having a few flowers, et cetera put in the room. Anyone have any other suggestions?
Old Sep 28, 2001, 1:08 am

I got upgraded to a suite(stayed during spring break when not many other gold members went I imagine). Had patio w/ jacuzzi, bedroom, living room, 2 bathrooms. Very nice!
Old Sep 30, 2001, 12:48 pm

Hilton Cancun drops to Classic, but I have reserved at Premium?

I just read this months HH statement and it noted the Hilton Cancun, effective immediately, is now a Classic and not a Premium Hotel. I have already cashed in 260,000 points for two 4 night stays at a Premium hotel. This means I have over paid by 20,000 points for each SP6.

My trip begins on Oct 5, do you think HH will do anything for me or is this just the way the ball bounces?
Old Sep 30, 2001, 3:10 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
If you have enough points in your account, simply re-purchase & print new reward certs from the HHonors web site @ the premium levels.

Then you just mail the Classic certs for full credit back to your HHonors account. No re-deposit fee or anything. You don't even need to call HHonors for pre-approval as they allow you to return unused rewards, no questions asked (sometimes even past the expiration date).

If you don't have enough points, call HHonors and make some alternate arrangements... I am sure they will work with you.
Old Oct 2, 2001, 10:10 am

I called Hhonors CS and this is what happened;

I explained my situation, including leaving this week for Cancun. The CS rep asked me to hold while she spoke with someone. When she came back on she said no problem, ordered me two GLON, instead of SC6 (I thought I had to have the SC6s), debited my Hhonors acct 200,000 - balance now at -180,995 and asked me to mail back my other SP6s. So, she helped me save 60,000 pts!

Absolutely wonderful service! I am truely amazed with this type of customer service.
Old Oct 3, 2001, 1:36 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
DUDEMON!
Please note that a GLON is valid for *6* free nights at any non-Premium hotel (vs. SC6 for 4 nights at 115K(?).)
For one room, 8 nights: GLON + SC4 = 160K.
For two rooms, 4 nights: 2GLONs, but you may as well stay 6 nights if you can. Or sublet your 2 nights to someone checking in the day you check out.
Old Oct 4, 2001, 2:50 pm

Here is another interesting bit of information I was given when I altered my reservation;

The title Classic, Premium and the rest have nothing to do with quality of the hotel, the titles are based on demand.
Old Nov 6, 2001, 4:33 pm

Cancun

If anyone is trying to use GLON award (VIP six nights) for Hilton Cancun in early December, try again right now.
After multiple discussions with HHonors and directly with the hotel today, they updated the room availability and I was eventually able to reserve mine.
This will be my first visit to Mexico and since I'm using 20K AA miles to fly for just $49 (taxes), I think it is a great value (I like beaches and hope to also do a day trip to Chichen Itza).
BTW, Camino Real was also available (if you phone direct) but I'm betting the Hilton will be better for me.
Old Nov 6, 2001, 9:47 pm

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
Hi !

Welcome to this board ! Nice first post !!!
Old Nov 7, 2001, 6:34 am
Original Member

Programs: SW A List Preferred, Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Just out of curiosity, how did you get an AA award for only 20,000 miles? I thought the reduced mileage awards ended November 15. I'm also headed to the Cancun Hilton in late January using a GLON but each of my four awards on US cost 35,000 miles!

Please post a trip report here in the Hilton forum when you return. I'm anxious to see how you're treated when using an award....ie. upgrades, free breakfast, etc. I'm hoping to get upgraded to the Beach Club section during our visit.

A couple of people on the boards have mentioned a meal plan that was offered at check-in and I'm interested in hearing specifics on how much it costs and what is included. Enjoy your trip.

One more thing. I've found the message board at Cancun.com very helpful. Here's the address.

http://www.cancun.com/forum/

A frequent poster to the board by the name of Rand sells a 2 for 1 entertainment book that most users have raved about. I plan on getting one on our next visit.
Old Jan 7, 2002, 1:28 pm

Location: Southern California - UA1K, Delta GM, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, AA Platinum
Hilton Cancun Beach& Gold Resort, ?'s

I am going to be staying at the Cancun property Jan 15-21 on a GLON award. I have a couple of questions of Hilton Experts or people who have stayed here before...

I heard something about a meal plan, does anyone know if it still exists and what it is called? and can you add it to a Hilton Reward stay?

HH Gold treatment? Do you get breakfast, better room, etc?? Any problems when on award stay? (I am printing the website for back up.. if needed).

Any other hints or tips?? thanks in advance ...
Old Jan 7, 2002, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

I just got back from a wonderful stay at the Hilton Cancun over Christmas and New Years.

Unfortunately, the meal plan no longer exists. Upgrades are done automatically, and are to a deluxe room from a standard (which I assume you received from your award).

Breakfast is a little weird. At check in, they told me I was entitled to 2 free breakfasts (4 traveling) and it would be credited at the end of my stay. When I checked out, the clerk asked is breakfast was included, I said yes, and she removed all of the breakfast charges from my bill. I only had to pay the tip for breakfast for 9 days.

When using the concierge, be sure to work with Laura. She is absolutely amazing in helping you with anything in the area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.