Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Palmer House a Hilton Hotel {US-IL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Palmer House a Hilton Hotel {US-IL}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2005, 9:03 am

Programs: UA & SPG
Hey wingsfan, just to clarify, which promo are you actually under? Are you under CHIPHHH (which yields triple base points) or the triple miles in Chicago promo (which only seems to yield double base points)?
Old Jan 19, 2005, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by mshafrir
Hey wingsfan, just to clarify, which promo are you actually under? Are you under CHIPHHH (which yields triple base points) or the triple miles in Chicago promo (which only seems to yield double base points)?
Hi - it's under H4 which I think is the miles. Should I be using a different code?
Old Jan 19, 2005, 10:00 am

That's the thing, I don't know which promo that H4 is referring to... "TRIPLE MILES IN CHIC" or "CHIPHHH"? Maybe the H4 promo needs to be explicitly specified, while the other promo kicks in for staying at any hotel in Chicago? In any case, I want to make sure I keep earning 24k pts per 3 night stay .

Edit: And while we're on the subject, when Hilton says miles, they really mean points right? Because the TRIPLE MILES IN CHIC bonus earned me points, not miles.
Old Jan 19, 2005, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by mshafrir
That's the thing, I don't know which promo that H4 is referring to... "TRIPLE MILES IN CHIC" or "CHIPHHH"? Maybe the H4 promo needs to be explicitly specified, while the other promo kicks in for staying at any hotel in Chicago? In any case, I want to make sure I keep earning 24k pts per 3 night stay .

Edit: And while we're on the subject, when Hilton says miles, they really mean points right? Because the TRIPLE MILES IN CHIC bonus earned me points, not miles.
From my call with the rep, it seems that H4 is triple miles - I haven't seen any reference to chiphhh other than these posts. Will see if any other points post and will probably ask at check-in. But I don't think that when Hilton says miles they necessarily mean points, since you can get miles instead of points, as well as the double-dip.
Old Jan 19, 2005, 6:53 pm
wth

Programs: 2011 Air: AA (Plat) UA (Prem); Hotel: HGP (Dia), HH (Dia), KIT (IC); Car: HZ (PC) AF
I just received a postcard in snail mail touting the H4 Triple Miles promotion at Palmer House, Chi. Hilton and Hilton ORD.

First, as a Diamond member, I'm a little miffed that Hilton waited to communicate this promotion to me almost a thrid of the way into the promotion period. Boy, do I feel special!

Second, perhaps this goes without saying but, check other rates before you necessarily go for the H4 promotion. I was checking at the Hilton ORD and found a Double Mile/Double Points promotion at the same rate as H4. That actually appeals to me more.
Old Jan 19, 2005, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by wth
I just received a postcard in snail mail touting the H4 Triple Miles promotion at Palmer House, Chi. Hilton and Hilton ORD.

First, as a Diamond member, I'm a little miffed that Hilton waited to communicate this promotion to me almost a thrid of the way into the promotion period. Boy, do I feel special!

Second, perhaps this goes without saying but, check other rates before you necessarily go for the H4 promotion. I was checking at the Hilton ORD and found a Double Mile/Double Points promotion at the same rate as H4. That actually appeals to me more.

Thanks wth. When I've tried to book only the triple miles comes up - maybe any other promos like double mile/double point are all gone, or else were not publicized at the site for the Palmer House.
Old Jan 20, 2005, 12:52 pm
wth

Programs: 2011 Air: AA (Plat) UA (Prem); Hotel: HGP (Dia), HH (Dia), KIT (IC); Car: HZ (PC) AF
Originally Posted by wingsfan
Thanks wth. When I've tried to book only the triple miles comes up - maybe any other promos like double mile/double point are all gone, or else were not publicized at the site for the Palmer House.
My fault for not being clearer. I found the double points/double miles only at the Hilton ORD. I checked Palmer House and, you are correct, they weren't offering it. I didn't check the Hilton Chicago.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 9:55 am

Cool Not exactly triple points.

I completed a two day stay last week and the following points posted:

The Palmer House Hilton - Base Points 2,679
The Palmer House Hilton - TRIPLE MILES OFFER IN CHICAGO 2,679
The Palmer House Hilton - 50% BONUS ON BASE POINTS 1,339
The Palmer House Hilton - GOLD VIP BONUS - 25% 2005 669

I note that based on this tread, I changed hotels (originally booked at ES) and changed by earnings to 10 pts/$1. Not exactly triple points but better than base plus gold bonus. Thanks FT!
Old Jan 24, 2005, 1:33 pm

Bonus Name HHonors Points +Partner Miles
Base Points 5,218 0
50% BONUS ON BASE PT 2,609 0
TRIPLE MILES IN CHIC 5,218 0
CHIPHHH TRIPLE MILES 10,436 0
SILVER VIP - 2005 782 0
TOTAL POINTS FOR THIS STAY 24,263

Last edited by mshafrir; Jan 24, 2005 at 1:39 pm
Old Jan 24, 2005, 2:27 pm

Now that doesn't make me feel any better. Do you recall if the CHIPHHH points posted later or did all the points post at once?
Old Mar 1, 2005, 9:52 pm
Permanently Banned

Pool table suite at Palmer House in ORD

Sorry for asking a stupid question, but since search is down...

I will be in ORD in a few weeks and I was told that there's a pool table suite at the Palmer House. How do I go about getting this? Is it only available to Hilton elite members?

TIA, MrF
Old Mar 1, 2005, 11:17 pm
Community Director Emerita

korea71 is the acknowledged FT expert on scoring the pool table suite at the Palmer House. You might drop him a note and ask for tips.
Old Mar 1, 2005, 11:29 pm

This suite is awesome.
Old Mar 2, 2005, 7:18 am

There are actually two pool table suites. As a Diamond member, I request it when I book a room (cheap rate) and have always gotten it.
Old Mar 2, 2005, 2:07 pm

I am staying there tonight and requested upgrade to it- (VIP Gold). They told me they don't give it as upgrade- needs to be booked. Couldn't hurt to try, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.