Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Miami, Florida, USA {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Miami, Florida, USA {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2019, 5:47 am

Thoughts on Hampton Midtown vs Hampton Brickell?

Hello. I need two rooms for seven people for a Sunday night before a cruise. Both of these Hamptons are top-5 Miami hotels on Tripadvisor. The Midtown Hampton is 13K less Hilton points per room. Does anyone have experience with these properties? Having never been to Miami and looking online, the Midtown property might not be in the best of neighborhoods. As I'll have three youngsters with me, I'd rather avoid sketchiness/homeless if it is going to be a problem but saving 26K Hilton points has its merits. Any thoughts? Thank you.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:18 am

If you're just going to be there one night I would do Brickell. It's the place to be.
sallyerd likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 7:35 am

Programs: HH LifeTime Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt, AA, Delta
Originally Posted by arlflyer
If you're just going to be there one night I would do Brickell. It's the place to be.
I second the Brickell - luv the conrad or the hampton inn in that area. Not overly sketchy... but its Miami, so no jewelry and keep most cash, passport and most cards in the room safe. I don't carry a purse and try to "appear" alert. Midtown will tend to be quieter in the evening while Brickell will have lotsa pedestrians and activity. Uber to bayfront, maybe?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by sallyerd
its Miami, so no jewelry and keep most cash, passport and most cards in the room safe. I don't carry a purse and try to "appear" alert.
LOL it is Miami, not Rio, and Brickell is the financial district, not some favela. Besides, even if you tried to stand out and be a target, you probably would not even crack the top 100 flashiest, most overly blingy people out on the street.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 1:51 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by sallyerd
I second the Brickell - luv the conrad or the hampton inn in that area. Not overly sketchy... but its Miami, so no jewelry and keep most cash, passport and most cards in the room safe. I don't carry a purse and try to "appear" alert. Midtown will tend to be quieter in the evening while Brickell will have lotsa pedestrians and activity. Uber to bayfront, maybe?
What? No issues in Miami
Old Feb 8, 2019, 10:09 pm

Choose Which Miami Hilton? Hampton Inn Downtown Bricknell or DoubleTree Biscayne Bay

Hi all,

I am planning a trip with my parents (in their 50s) to Miami, it will be their first time there. I don't think they are really into beach. After doing some research online, I have narrowed down to these two Hiltons: the Hampton has great location in my opinion, even though we will rent a car, we would still like to have some walkable space close to the hotel. But the room at DoubleTree Biscayne Bay is way bigger and have a balcony with an ocean view. I looked up on google maps and the DT seems to be in a rather remote location, still need to drive to everywhere. I am going to use points and the these two are at the same price.

I would like to hear your input. Thanks a lot!

LZ
Old Feb 9, 2019, 4:12 am

Two pretty different properties, to be sure. You've got it right about the location; the HI is walkable to everything in Brickell and Downtown (<1 mile) whereas the DT is in an area that is pretty much only hotels and residential, but is also closer to Wynwood and the Design District if you're into that. Being Florida, you'll certainly benefit from having a car either way - parking is about the same price at both properties.

That being said, the DT is, while older, a full service property with more offerings and is going to have more amenities than an HI. The Hi is one of the nice new urban designs that Hilton has been rolling out but it is still limited in its offerings just by the nature of the brand,, though those might not be things you care about anyhow.

I'd say it's pretty much a wash - I personally like staying in Brickell because it's nice and new and there are a ton of things to do in walking distance, but being on the water is nice too...
Old Feb 9, 2019, 12:19 pm

I personally wouldn't call the DoubleTree remote. It just depends upon what types of attractions you favor. The DoubleTree is an easy walk to the Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, the Frost Science Museum, and the Perez Art Museum Miami. That said, I do think that the Brickell area is a lot nicer than the area around the DoubleTree.

You'll almost certainly get a better view at the DoubleTree.

Be sure to check out the Metromover. That's the free "people mover" system in Downtown Miami. Parts of Downtown Miami can appear a bit rough. If your parents aren't used to being in a dense urban environment, they may not feel comfortable using the Metromover.

https://www8.miamidade.gov/global/tr...etromover.page
Old Feb 9, 2019, 5:21 pm

The Hampton is in a better location
Old Feb 10, 2019, 9:11 am

Thank you all for the replies! They are really helpful.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:52 am

Programs: Delta, Hilton
WE LOVE THE DOUBLETREE BISCAYNE Bay! We have stayed at this property probably 12 times! We always request Unit #1732 in the Condo building. Just an amazing 2 BR 2 Bath with a full on view of the Bay, Ocean, South Beach and most entertaining the cruise ship area. So nice to sit on the huge balcony and watch the ships float in and out. Four good restaurants right in the building along with Starbucks. Free Trolley picks up right outside. People mover one block away. Only an $8 Uber to South Beach then you don't need to deal with parking. Publix, Museums, Music, Sports venues all super close. Best part is the huge city park right next to the hotel, just the best spot to stroll at night and people/dog watch.
beachmiles likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I've stayed in this Hampton once. I was actually impressed at the style/quality of the property. We were just there as an overnight before catching a ferry, so didn't get to explore the area as much.

Sounds like both are well-regarded hotels within their brands...just a question of where you want to be.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA gold, Hilton Diamond
I just checked out of Hampton Inn in Boca Raton on Yamato Road. Old facility but newly remodeled. Recommended. My room overlooked golf course.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 7:24 am

Programs: EBG, OWS, HHG, IHGAmb
Anyone tried Gale South Beach? I think it became a Curio Collection hotel just recently.
Old May 23, 2019, 8:11 am
formerly willbbiddy

So I want to use my resort credit for an extra night after a cruise. Would you suggest the Bentley Hilton, Gale Curio or Gates Doubletree? Pros and cons for each? We'll be ubering, so no parking fees. TIA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.