Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Miami, Florida, USA {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Miami, Florida, USA {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2002, 6:47 pm

try the Hilton Sunrise it is only 15 min to fll airport. $57 internet rate. stayed there last weekend it was ok
Old Oct 10, 2002, 6:46 am

Programs: AC, AA, UA, BA, Hilton
Ditto the suggestion re the Sunrise Hilton, although it's not near the beaches or water, but it's an easy 15-20 minute drive from the boat show or beaches. We've stayed there five or six times in the last few years, and it's a business oriented hotel, with a small pool. No problems, reasonable rates, gold upgrades without a hitch.

bj-21.
Old Oct 10, 2002, 6:48 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I stayed at the Sunrise Hilton (Patty LaBelle and crew sere staying there at the time!)last year. It is an okay hotel but honestly I don't think it is convenient to where the boat show is. If you are using points anyway, the Embassy Suites is your best bet!
Old Oct 13, 2002, 7:34 pm

I'm in agreement with scotty00, the Doubletree Oceanfront leaves a lot to be desired. Not much to be had in the way of upgrades and a surly staff. Don't think of getting an early breakfast ... the staff hasn't even started to stock the b'fast buffet well after the posted opening time. The redeeming feature is that it's across the street from the beach and upstairs from Pusser's, which has steel bands occaisionally.
Old Dec 5, 2002, 6:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Miami Orange Bowl Area Hotels

With the possibility of the Trojans playing in the Orange Bowl on January 2nd and my lack of familiarity with Miami Hiltons (usually I stay at Marriotts) I thought I would ask FTers for recommendations for hotels in the Miami area and if possible are there any near the Orange Bowl?
Old Dec 5, 2002, 12:14 pm
Suspended

Trojan,

You ain't goin' to the O' Bowl!!!

Here's why:

Your and my favorite team for one weekend ONLY is UCLA. The Bruins will beat Washington State sending your Trojans to the Rose Bowl and my beloved K-State Wildcats to the Orange Bowl.

If this does happen, the Fountainbleau (sp?) is my Hilton choice in Miami.

Go Bruins!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 5, 2002, 2:36 pm

The area around the OB is not necessarily a bad (crime) neighborhood but is poor and rather ugly. If there are any hotels, you wouldn't want to stay there.

And actually, the OB game is at Pro Player Stadium which is closer to FTL. There is a Holiday Inn right there at Calder Race Track (horses). I would recommend FTL beach or Miami S. Beach. FTL will be slightly closer than MIA. Probably best to rent a car.

Embassy Suites in FTL is a good option although not directly on the beach. BTW, it will be too cold to go in the water anyway. I've stayed at this hotel on Priceline (its probably the only one listed as downtown FTL 3.5 stars).
Old Dec 5, 2002, 2:58 pm
Suspended

Best Hilton property close to Pro-Player is the brand new HGI at Miramar Parkway. It very convenient to get to either from the Miami airport or FLL since you will travelling mostly on the expressways.
Note though it is west of the stadium in a new fairly new residentail/semi-commercial area and therefore about 20 miles from the beach.
Will be staying there for 1 night near Xmas but that might be too late to give you a stay report.
Mike
Old Dec 5, 2002, 3:11 pm

Trojan...don't count your chickens before they hatch. ND could still end up there (fair or not)! I was at the game last weekend. You guys putting an old fashioned butt-kicking on us. I had to leave before the game was over it was so bad. I'm a HUGE UCLA fan this weekend as well! GO BRUINS!
Old Dec 5, 2002, 3:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
LemonThrower, thanks for the info I didn't know that the game was in ProPlayer; I'll try to find something near that or in FLL. I'll look for the HGI that someone mentioned.

For everyone else; As for counting my chickens before they hatch; its more like preparing for anything and everything. With BS BCS and the bowl confusion; I'm making reservations for the Rose, Sugar and Orange Bowls, hey I'll just cancel the ones that become not applicable. I've already made New Orleans, know where I want to stay in LA and made this post b/c I'm not familiar with the Miami area when it comes to Hiltons.

BTW, for the ND fan; can you spell G-A-T-O-R
Bowl; enjoy J-Ville

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LemonThrower:
The area around the OB is not necessarily a bad (crime) neighborhood but is poor and rather ugly. If there are any hotels, you wouldn't want to stay there.

And actually, the OB game is at Pro Player Stadium which is closer to FTL. There is a Holiday Inn right there at Calder Race Track (horses). I would recommend FTL beach or Miami S. Beach. FTL will be slightly closer than MIA. Probably best to rent a car.

Embassy Suites in FTL is a good option although not directly on the beach. BTW, it will be too cold to go in the water anyway. I've stayed at this hotel on Priceline (its probably the only one listed as downtown FTL 3.5 stars).
</font>
Old Dec 5, 2002, 7:35 pm

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
The Hilton Garden at Miramar is very good. It's only been open 6 or 7 months. Reasonable easy to get too from both airports. The Doubletree Club at Miami airport is OK. I think there is a new Homewood Suites at Miami airport. There's a Hampton Inn near Miramar. Also fairly new but it tends to be over priced. Embassy Suites at Miami Airport is OK. It's a couple of years since we stayed there and it needed some refurbishing then. Best pick the HGI at Miramar. IMHO

(This message was written by MrMoreMilesPlease)

------------------
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Old Dec 12, 2002, 9:46 am

wedding to go in Key Biscayne FL. -which Hilton family property would you choose?

wedding in Key Biscayne FL. -which Hilton family property would you choose?
Read the other posts- has Doubletree Grand or Coconut Grove gotten better?
How long is drive from south beach Doulbetree to Key Biscayne?
Old Dec 12, 2002, 11:12 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
The Grand was VERY disappointing... search the threads here and research both properties before you make your decision.
Old Feb 5, 2003, 4:39 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2mm
I was just there last week.

It's a nice hotel. As gold, they upgraded me to a suite with a balcony.

Warning: It is an Airport hotel. So you WILL hear the planes taking off and landing very late and very early in the morning.
Old Feb 7, 2003, 9:41 am

Best Hilton group hotel for late arrival into MIA?

I will be flying into Miami and arriving very late (11:35pm) on a Friday night and then leaving early the next morning for a drive to the Keys.
In the Hilton group of hotels which would be the best to stay at in the Miami area? I'm just looking for a place to crash that is somewhat close to the airport but also allows for an easy escape from the Miami metro area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.