Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Miami, Florida, USA {US-FL}

Old May 4, 2014, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Miami, Florida, USA {US-FL}

Old Jun 17, 2021, 6:47 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriot Gold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by Super Mario
It depends what type of experience you want as Miami is very vast in that definition. The Conrad is a behemoth. My choice if you are not concerned with staying on the beach. There are a lot of beach options depending on what location you may want.
Thanks for your reply Super Mario I'm happy to look at either beach or not it's more about the facilities including the pool and the quality of the hotel without busting the bank (if that's possible in Miami lol). We will be without a car and as I said coming from the port so I guess somewhere connected to transportation (appreciate there's also Uber) Old reviews on this site suggest little or no recognition for Diamonds in a lot of the Hilton properties in the area, so interested to know if that's still the case and which ones to avoid and which to look at. I looked at the Conrad and it does look good.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 8:37 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Any experience at Aventura Hilton? Brand new opened 04/2021. Familiar with the location, know there is no overnight street parking in Aventura so self garage or valet are only options. Apparently there is an executive lounge that is currently operational.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 4:26 am

Programs: DAL Plat, HH LT Diamond
I am staying at this property tonight, i'll report back.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 9:15 am
Original Member

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Kentish Steve
Thanks for your reply Super Mario I'm happy to look at either beach or not it's more about the facilities including the pool and the quality of the hotel without busting the bank (if that's possible in Miami lol). We will be without a car and as I said coming from the port so I guess somewhere connected to transportation (appreciate there's also Uber) Old reviews on this site suggest little or no recognition for Diamonds in a lot of the Hilton properties in the area, so interested to know if that's still the case and which ones to avoid and which to look at. I looked at the Conrad and it does look good.
If you stay at the Curio let us know how it went. Was looking at booking it in October. As far as elite recognition in Miami that is a universal problem across the brands. Miami is a normally a high demand tourist area and there is little incentive to offer things for free when the next guest will come along and pay for same elevated room rate without status.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 10:06 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kklems
If you stay at the Curio let us know how it went. Was looking at booking it in October. As far as elite recognition in Miami that is a universal problem across the brands. Miami is a normally a high demand tourist area and there is little incentive to offer things for free when the next guest will come along and pay for same elevated room rate without status.
Depends I guess. I think the bigger issue is that Hilton doesn't have any luxury properties in Miami (or South Florida at all, frankly) and luxury properties tend to have better elite treatment (IME). I've never stayed at the Hilton Miami properties so not sure what elite treatment is like there but elite treatment at the south Florida Marriotts is OK. IE Ritz Miami Coconut Grove actually gives out suite upgrades, St. Regis Miami Bal Harbour gives a real breakfast, etc.

Looking forward to the WA Miami when it gets built in 2025/2026 (I'm guessing it will be massively delayed given the scope of the project though). Otherwise, this just isn't a market where Hilton really has good options at.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 8:01 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by WasKnown
Depends I guess. I think the bigger issue is that Hilton doesn't have any luxury properties in Miami (or South Florida at all, frankly) and luxury properties tend to have better elite treatment (IME). I've never stayed at the Hilton Miami properties so not sure what elite treatment is like there but elite treatment at the south Florida Marriotts is OK. IE Ritz Miami Coconut Grove actually gives out suite upgrades, St. Regis Miami Bal Harbour gives a real breakfast, etc.

Looking forward to the WA Miami when it gets built in 2025/2026 (I'm guessing it will be massively delayed given the scope of the project though). Otherwise, this just isn't a market where Hilton really has good options at.
Do you not consider Conrads to be luxury? There's one in Miami and one in Fort Lauderdale.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 8:29 pm

Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CMK10
Do you not consider Conrads to be luxury? There's one in Miami and one in Fort Lauderdale.
I don't consider Conrad (or JW/W/whatever) to be a luxury flag. I don't think I am alone in that opinion. For me, Conrad is more Hilton+ than it is Waldorf Astoria- (and is often priced like it).

There is nothing luxurious about the Conrad Miami in Brickell. The Conrad Ft Lauderdale is a better hotel, I guess. I've only been inside a room there once and it was nice enough. Not really on the same level as many other South Florida hotels though.

The WA Miami looks legitimately nice. I'm excited to check it out in half a decade.
Old Aug 21, 2021, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by CMK10
Conrad in US and Conrad outside the US are very different things. The Conrad Miami is basically a Doubletree masquerading as a Conrad IMO.
WasKnown likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2021, 12:40 am

Programs: Delta Diamond (MM), Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Conrad in US and Conrad outside the US are very different things. The Conrad Miami is basically a Doubletree masquerading as a Conrad IMO.
Kind of why I'm glad they dropped the W-A badge from the El San Juan.
Old Aug 21, 2021, 10:36 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by flyerCO
I too was disappointed especially breakfast which was sad in quality
Hotel just fair but priced like its a 5 star property
Old Aug 22, 2021, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Hotel just fair but priced like its a 5 star property
Doesnt look like its priced like a 5 star property.

https://www.google.com/travel/hotels...BAoAGgA&ap=MAE

$146 on Hiltons website.

STR Miami Bal Harbour is pricing at $632 for the same nights.

Ultimately, thats my problem with Conrad. It is never a good value as a fake luxury brand. It is either poor quality and priced accordingly (in which case booking a newer FS property for the same price is better) or good quality (internationally) but priced too close to true luxury hotels (in which case the premium will yield a meaningful difference).

I have the same problem with JW Marriott. However, there are at least some JW Marriotts in the US that are reasonable from a value to quality perspective.
Old Aug 22, 2021, 9:01 am

Doesnt look like its priced like a 5 star property.

$146 on Hiltons website.

STR Miami Bal Harbour is pricing at $632 for the same nights.

Ultimately, thats my problem with Conrad. It is never a good value as a fake luxury brand. It is either poor quality and priced accordingly (in which case booking a newer FS property for the same price is better) or good quality (internationally) but priced too close to true luxury hotels (in which case the premium will yield a meaningful difference).

I have the same problem with JW Marriott. However, there are at least some JW Marriotts in the US that are reasonable from a value to quality perspective.
My stay dates back before COVID
I have no idea now if the property presently is priced like a Motel 6
Having said that between Florida being a hot spot for COVID and the property aging over the years I cant imagine demand is off the charts for Downtown Miami
Back in the day I would stay at the Hyatt more typically much lower rates ,better breakfast and easy walking distance to Capital Grill
i can only imagine what it must be like now with the pressure on rates
No more 300 to 400 a night wow
Old Aug 22, 2021, 9:15 am

My stay dates back before COVID
I have no idea now if the property presently is priced like a Motel 6
Having said that between Florida being a hot spot for COVID and the property aging over the years I cant imagine demand is off the charts for Downtown Miami
Back in the day I would stay at the Hyatt more typically much lower rates ,better breakfast and easy walking distance to Capital Grill
i can only imagine what it must be like now with the pressure on rates
No more 300 to 400 a night wow
Miami hotel prices are absurdly high right now, especially given that summer is obviously not peak season for the city. Brickell is also expensive though obviously less expensive than properties on the beach. Agree that Brickell is a very walkable part of the city (and perhaps the ONLY walkable part of the city).

Just to put things into perspective, the W Miami (also in Brickell) is pricing at $350 for the same night: https://www.google.com/travel/hotels...AAAAHQAAAAAQAg

Four Seasons Miami at $425: https://www.google.com/travel/hotels...AAAAHQAAAAAQAw

I just think the Conrad Miami is a bad hotel and an excellent example of what the Conrad flag is today: full-service
Old Aug 22, 2021, 12:35 pm

Miami hotel prices are absurdly high right now, especially given that summer is obviously not peak season for the city. Brickell is also expensive though obviously less expensive than properties on the beach. Agree that Brickell is a very walkable part of the city (and perhaps the ONLY walkable part of the city).

Just to put things into perspective, the W Miami (also in Brickell) is pricing at $350 for the same night: https://www.google.com/travel/hotels...AAAAHQAAAAAQAg

Four Seasons Miami at $425: https://www.google.com/travel/hotels...AAAAHQAAAAAQAw

I just think the Conrad Miami is a bad hotel and an excellent example of what the Conrad flag is today: full-service
Probably should rebrand the Conrad into a Hilton or?
Back in the day when SPG had W South Beach they were always severely over priced and tight on upgrades a toxic mix
Became friendly with someone who worked there and decided I wanted nothing to do with the property
I stayed anywhere else for good value sometimes the Westin Diplomat in Hollywood which once upon a time was excellent.
Old Aug 22, 2021, 12:59 pm

Probably should rebrand the Conrad into a Hilton or?
Back in the day when SPG had W South Beach they were always severely over priced and tight on upgrades a toxic mix
Became friendly with someone who worked there and decided I wanted nothing to do with the property
I stayed anywhere else for good value sometimes the Westin Diplomat in Hollywood which once upon a time was excellent.
I agree that Conrad should be deflagged like the Boca Waldrofs were. W South Beach (and South Beach in general) is not my crowd but I agree the pricing for that hotel is insane.

The JW Marquis Miami and the Hotel Beaux Arts in Brickell are pretty nice for the price but their views of the water are now obstructed by the new Aston Martin Residences. Elite treatment there has been great since I was a kid. The St. Regis Miami Bal Harbour is one of my favorite hotels in Miami but also prices very high (though prices are much cheaper now). Unfortunately, the Westin Diplomat has been de-flagged (though I have read great things about it).

Overall, I wish any chain but Marriott would start building more luxury options in Miami. Is this not a priority for anyone else? I don't understand how Miami can have so many Ritz Carltons (like 3 or 4? I lost count honestly), a top-tier St. Regis, multiple JWs, multiple Ws, and an EDITION whereas Hyatt and Hilton have 0 luxury options. The WA Miami looks great but, judging by other Miami newdev construction, I would genuinely be surprised if we saw it anytime before 2027 at the earliest. Even if it hits its target, we will be waiting half a decade for an option that is in (IMO) a worse location than even the JW Marquis Miami.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.