Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near San Diego, California, USA {US-CA}

Old May 6, 2014, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near San Diego, California, USA {US-CA}

Old Apr 30, 2019, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by sdnativeboy
The Country Inn is closer to central part of San Diego, but it's pretty much a business park. The Rancho Bernardo location is suburbia. Out of the two I'd choose the Country Inn only because it's closer to most things.
I've stayed at that Country Inn. The only things it's close to are Qualcomm buildings.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by sethb
I've stayed at that Country Inn. The only things it's close to are Qualcomm buildings.
But if you are renting a car then shouldn't matter right? Any park close to to it for child to run and play? No problem if there is not.

If breakfast is decent, parking is free it says and get a suite upgrade for gold member, I might consider this for 5 days. I have to use my Radisson rewards points cos I somehow never get to use it so better save the other Hotel points and start draining my RR points.

What's your thought on upgrade and breakfast?

Thanks
Old Apr 30, 2019, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by sdnativeboy
If you enjoyed the Homewood Suites in Liberty Station, I'd go with that over the Country Inn. You're not going to do much better than $19 for parking, and Liberty Station is a great location.

As for the resort properties, the only one I've actually been to is the Hilton San Diego Resort and Spa. (Incidentally, the resort list links to the incorrect property. It's not in Del Mar. It's near SeaWorld.) I got a room there over the weekend because I needed to burn my $250 credit. The room was old and crappy. It still had popcorn ceilings. I just went home after checking out the room and slept in my own bed.

Like I said, I have not been to the other resort properties, but Del Mar and La Jolla are good location-wise.
Hilton San Diego Resort and Spa Del Mar is in seaworld area? Will look at it for resort credit one night stay if the room total rate comes to around $250.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
But if you are renting a car then shouldn't matter right? Any park close to to it for child to run and play? No problem if there is not.

If breakfast is decent, parking is free it says and get a suite upgrade for gold member, I might consider this for 5 days. I have to use my Radisson rewards points cos I somehow never get to use it so better save the other Hotel points and start draining my RR points.

What's your thought on upgrade and breakfast?
Breakfast is typical for that class of hotel. Parking is definitely free. No idea about upgrades.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 9:31 pm

Parking at the Del is valet-only. $30/day I think. FYI, the Del is also in the middle of a monster renovation/expansion project right now - ongoing until 2021 or so. So this summer you'll be dealing with some construction.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by SixAlpha
Parking at the Del is valet-only. $30/day I think. FYI, the Del is also in the middle of a monster renovation/expansion project right now - ongoing until 2021 or so. So this summer you'll be dealing with some construction.
I was there this weekend just gone. Parking is indeed valet only and it is $50 per day.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 4:14 pm

Programs: $9 Fare Club
Booked a rate a while back for the Hilton Bayfront & I periodically check in the run up to my stay to see if the price drops (cancel & rebook at lower price if applicable).

Noticed that they're charging an Urban Destination Fee - "Daily Mandatory Urban Destination Charge will be added to the room rate and includes: Premium guest internet access; daily $35 food & beverage credit valid for use in Vela, Odysea, & Pool Club hotel restaurants, and in-room dining; 1-hour bicycle, kayak, or paddle-board rental"

Now I know its somewhat of a wash with the F&B credit, but its a nasty way to force you to spend $35 on site with them - to all intents and purposes its a back door rate increase. They're going to piss a ton of people off with this regardless of the credit.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 10:12 pm

DoubleTree Downtown San Diego

Anyone have any recent stays here? I am just doing a one nighter with the family and chose it because they had a free shuttle airport shuttle for an early departure from SAN, and was the cheapest award option available (across Hyatt, Hilton and Marriott) and was curious what to expect.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by HIFlya
Anyone have any recent stays here? I am just doing a one nighter with the family and chose it because they had a free shuttle airport shuttle for an early departure from SAN, and was the cheapest award option available (across Hyatt, Hilton and Marriott) and was curious what to expect.
Try to get one of the 2-story suites on the top floor...great views. Parking garage is awful...on par with the garage at the DT Hotel Circle.

Last edited by Canarsie; Apr 17, 2021 at 8:35 am Reason: Consolidation.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've stayed there a few times. I've never gotten a significant upgrade, but it's a perfectly adequate hotel.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by smmrfld
Try to get one of the 2-story suites on the top floor...great views. Parking garage is awful...on par with the garage at the DT Hotel Circle.
The parking garage is dangerous (physical layout).
Old Nov 29, 2019, 7:29 pm

DoubleTree Downtown San Diego

The parking garage is dangerous (physical layout).
Thanks, good thing I won't have the car anymore. Is the suite something they give as a free upgrade for elites?
Old Dec 3, 2019, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks, good thing I won't have the car anymore. Is the suite something they give as a free upgrade for elites?
They might; I've never gotten one (but my typical stay is 3-5 nights so they might not have availability).
Old Dec 4, 2019, 10:29 am

They might; I've never gotten one (but my typical stay is 3-5 nights so they might not have availability).
Hopefully it will be a slow random weekday in June!
Old Dec 4, 2019, 10:13 pm

Stayed at the new Carte Hotel in late October - stunning hotel. Wonderful staff, great food and the breakfast at the restaurant was quite delicious!

Unfortunately, I used AMEX and did not get my bonus points (Aspire card) - I have been on chat with AMEX for the past 30 minutes trying to convince them that the hotel is in fact a Hilton family hotel.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.