Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona {ESP}

Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona {ESP}

Old Jul 11, 2017, 9:05 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Houminer
Is the pool operated by a vendor?
Is there any issues finding seats on weekdays?
Is there a children pool?
The pool is operated by a third-party (PuroBeach Barcelona). I personally have never tried to find seats on any day (I go to the beach) so I can't comment on that. There is a kiddie pool, but also plenty of small kids in the main pool.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 7:05 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Is there a nice sandy beach near the hotel or do I need to go to La Barceloneta?
Old Jul 12, 2017, 7:23 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Is there a nice sandy beach near the hotel or do I need to go to La Barceloneta?
All the way from the Hilton Diagonal Mar into town there are non stop sandy beaches, all with their own specific public. So the answer is 'yes'.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 1:52 pm

A few blocks from the hotel is a nice sandy beach, with lifeguards, toilet facilities, cafes, police, first aid, etc. This beach is quite popular with families; always many children, and people of all ages standing in the water, floating on toys, etc. There is a beach path that goes to the right and passes many, many beaches. There is a gay/lesbian beach and a nude beach about three beaches down. There are many cafes on these beaches, also lifeguards, police, first aid, toilets, etc.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 3:11 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Is the pool operated by a vendor?
Is there any issues finding seats on weekdays?
Is there a children pool?

Thank
I've stayed here a few times and have never had any problems swimming in the pool. However, I'm generally not one to just sit and lounge...I find a place to leave my key/towel and I swim laps.

The pool area does close for events; those seem to be in the evenings. If this is a major part of your stay, I'd contact them ahead of time and see what they have scheduled.

As for beaches, as noted, you can walk along the beach from near the hotel all the way downtown. I've swum down 3-4 sections (getting out at the jetty, walking across, getting back in).
There are quite a few people kite surfing and stuff, but that is usually out beyond where you'd be swimming, certainly if you're just splashing around.
There is at least 1 restaurant in each section of beach, some have more and there's some restaurants on/near jetties too.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 11:04 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
As the last post is from quite some time ago, is there any recent update on this property? I consider taking my parents to Barcelona for a weekend in October, and wonder what I can expect as an upgrade based on Diamond status as well as how the pool issue will look like - my guess is that it calms down in October as it is kind of "out of season"...but I'd appreciate first hand experiences.

Thanks for your imput!

Greetings - Dirk
Old Apr 25, 2018, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by djohannw
As the last post is from quite some time ago, is there any recent update on this property? I consider taking my parents to Barcelona for a weekend in October, and wonder what I can expect as an upgrade based on Diamond status as well as how the pool issue will look like - my guess is that it calms down in October as it is kind of "out of season"...but I'd appreciate first hand experiences
I've stayed here a number of times over the years, but personally I much prefer Barcelona in the summertime, especially since the Hilton Diagonal Mar is a few blocks from the beaches. My guess is that if there is not a convention during the time you are there, you will likely get an executive sea view/pool view room. I'm not sure if the pool closes during the colder months. If it's important that the pool be open and heated, it'd be worth checking.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
My one stay here was in October, the pool was open and it was hot enough outside to use it. Can't recall whether the pool was heated though.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 8:47 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I have two rooms booked for next week as HHD. Any recent experiences about their willingness to offer breakfast benefits for guests in both rooms? I emailed them regarding another matter and they pointed out in the reply that the benefits are only valid for one room. I have no problems with that, but I am curious whether this is standard here or if the do like many other Hiltons and extend the benefits unofficially.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by Dachshund
I have two rooms booked for next week as HHD. Any recent experiences about their willingness to offer breakfast benefits for guests in both rooms? I emailed them regarding another matter and they pointed out in the reply that the benefits are only valid for one room. I have no problems with that, but I am curious whether this is standard here or if the do like many other Hiltons and extend the benefits unofficially.
How many guests per room?

Assuming HHD is Hilton Honors Diamond, I have booked two rooms with one guest each and both of us had lounge and breakfast, but I only said one of the rooms at the lounge and restaurant.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 11:01 pm

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by anabolism
How many guests per room?

Assuming HHD is Hilton Honors Diamond, I have booked two rooms with one guest each and both of us had lounge and breakfast, but I only said one of the rooms at the lounge and restaurant.
The rooms were booked for one person each but I emailed and clarified that two persons (a couple) would stay in one of the rooms and requested a king bed (only twins available at booking). And yes, I am HH diamond.

In retrospect, perhaps I should have just kept quiet and hoped for the best. On the other hand, my boss in the second room can certainly afford to pay his breakfast ;-)
Old Jul 27, 2019, 3:29 pm

Glad to hear. That's the one we booked for September.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 4:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire, Caesars Diamond
I stayed as part of a group that were in Barcelona for a conference. Was upgraded to a sea view room on the top floor. I believe due to comments from other guests where were some minor issues with the air conditioning and lack of power in some of the rooms so perhaps worth bearing in mind if you like a very cool room.

The lounge was fantastic - definitely the best Executive Lounge at a Hilton I've stayed at so far. It was on a high floor with a spacious outdoor patio area which had a nice view out to sea and plenty of shade if you wanted it (or not if you didn't). The food was light stuff but on days where you'd had a big lunch it was good enough to fill up on.

Overall very pleased - one of the better Hiltons I've stayed in.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 1:25 pm

I've stayed at this property a lot, and know what to expect. The lounge has always been OK; while it has a large outdoor deck on the top of the triangular part of the building, hence views to the city and the beach, which would be wonderful, the outdoor area often has smokers, making it off-limits to those with a tobacco sensitivity. The lounge is often crowded with families whose small children run around noisily, leaving trails of smashed crumbs in their wake. The food was never the best but nowhere near the worst either; usually two hot items, sometimes decent, sometimes not, but there were often finger sandwiches including egg, and always sides including green salad, olives, crudité, dips, tortilla chips, etc., so something worth snacking on at least, and sometimes a decent meal. Today there was nothing except some hot bread with cream sauce with pork pieces, and cold bread with something vegetarian on it. That was it. No sandwiches, no salad, no olives, no crudié, no dips, no chips. It was sad seeing all the empty counter space. Well, there was a bowl of potato chips in the drinks area (that many guests stick their hands in). Shocking how far the lounge has sunk since I was here last year.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by anabolism
I've stayed at this property a lot, and know what to expect. The lounge has always been OK; while it has a large outdoor deck on the top of the triangular part of the building, hence views to the city and the beach, which would be wonderful, the outdoor area often has smokers, making it off-limits to those with a tobacco sensitivity. The lounge is often crowded with families whose small children run around noisily, leaving trails of smashed crumbs in their wake. The food was never the best but nowhere near the worst either; usually two hot items, sometimes decent, sometimes not, but there were often finger sandwiches including egg, and always sides including green salad, olives, crudité, dips, tortilla chips, etc., so something worth snacking on at least, and sometimes a decent meal. Today there was nothing except some hot bread with cream sauce with pork pieces, and cold bread with something vegetarian on it. That was it. No sandwiches, no salad, no olives, no crudié, no dips, no chips. It was sad seeing all the empty counter space. Well, there was a bowl of potato chips in the drinks area (that many guests stick their hands in). Shocking how far the lounge has sunk since I was here last year.
Did you ask to speak to management to share your concerns, observations?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.