Hilton Barbados Resort
Needham's Point, St. Michael, Bridgetown BB 11000, Barbados
TEL: +1-246-426-0200 FAX: +1-246-434-5770
Email [email protected]
Link to Hilton web page.

Parking: free

Check in: 4:00 pm (strict), check out 11:00 am

Smoking: No smoking

Pets or service animals: No (Barbados law permits this)

Location on the southwestern point with Carlisle Bay on the West and the Southern Shote on the South, on the Caribbean Sea . Near Bridgetown and its cruise port, just coastsude from the Garrison.

BGI / Grantley Adams International Airport is 11 miles away (~30 minutes, but urban traffic can be slow at times - add 10-15 minutes if work or schoolkids rush hours), taxi cost ~$25 USD.

The property consists of two connected north-south oriented towers, the eastern Lighthouse Tower with the Bernard St. John Suite and the Fort Tower (Executive Lounge on floor 8 in the Fort Tower). All rooms face east and south (toward Oistins and distantly toward BGI / Grantley Adams International Airport.

Rooms all face westward; Fort Tower overlooks pools area, Lighthouse Tower overlooks Lighthouse and D. J. dance area, looking toward Oistins. A few end suites in the Fort Tower overlook scenic Carlisle Bay. Beaches include very calm Carlisle Bay, and south Pebbles Beach with a rock sea wall with inlet and small bay. Rooms are being refurbished (since 2015, continues Nov 2017).

Floors 8 and 6 are designated Executive floors. Safes in rooms. Refrigerators (not mini-bars) in room. Executive rooms include bathrobes, apparently not slippers. Peter Thomas Roth amenities in baths, H collection linens.

Executive Lounge: 8th floor west, Fort Tower, card access. Gorgeous Carlisle Bay views. Basic Continental breakfast; cakes at 3 pm, very basic canapés at 5 pm; coffee, teas, soft drinks, water - alcoholic drinks after 5 for sale only. Crowded, not especially comfortable. $30 Bd / $15 USD add on for hot cooked breakfast in Lighthouse Terrace Restaurant for Lounge-eligible giests, Continental (cold offerings) breakfast free for Lounge eligible guests.

Amenities (link):
Children's club and activities (ground floor)

Eforea Spa

Precor Fitness facility

Pools, beaches, beach chairs and umbrellas
Restaurants (link):
Lighthouse Terrace: Open 6:30 am - 10:00 pm for breakfast, lunch and dinner. A la carte and buffet.

The Grille: Open dinner only Tuesday to Saturday from 6.30pm to 10.00 pm. Closed on Sundays and Mondays. Reservations best.

Water's Edge Bar : tables with umbrellas, drinks and snacks including burgers, fish sandwiches. Open daily 10:00 am - 9:00 pm.

Cuppa Café coffee shop: coffees, soft drinks, pastries. Open 5:30 am - 9:00 pm.

Careenage Bar: limited snacks

Note restaurant schedules will vary according to chalkboards placed daily in the Lobby.

Room Service: 6:00 am - 11:00 pm
Nearby food alternatives West :
Cuz' Fish Shack - just 250 feet west on Aquatic Gap, highly rated fish sandwiches. Walk out of the hotel lobby and follow Aquatic Gap on your left, small blue box trailer.

Brown Sugar: (link) left on Bay Street 0.4 miles near Radisson

Lobster Alive: flies Grenadines-caught spiny lobsters in on their own aircraft, prepares several ways. 1.2 miles west on Bay Street. Link
Down Hastings Road to east within 1-1.5 miles: (right on Hastings from Hilton)
Mama Mia Italian Deli and Pizzeria, highly rated

Buzo Osteria Italiana, Italian Restaurant

New York Pizza
Updated by JDiver 22 Nov 2017

Print Wikipost

Hilton Barbados Resort {BRB}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2005, 7:56 am

Programs: US Silver Hilton Gold SPG Gold Marriott Plat AA Gold
Any tips for visiting

I will be staying for 2 weeks starting Aug 8th for my honeymoon. These award stays come in handy.

Does anyoe have any suggestions on activities on the island? First time there and was looking fun stuff to do while we are there. Any reccomendations on restaurants and must sees while we are there would be appreciated.
Old Jul 5, 2005, 10:27 am
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by PersonalCareChemist
Noticed that there is a 17.5% per room per night tax and a $2 per room per night secondary tax.

Here's my question, if you are doing a HHONORS redemption, do you still pay the 17.5% per room per night tax? The room rate per night, if I was paying, is $380.00.
Actually, the 17.5 % is 7.5% VAT and 10% service charge. However, I was charged US$2/night for a Barbados Tourism tax.
Old Jul 5, 2005, 10:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by blcst101
Does anyoe have any suggestions on activities on the island? First time there and was looking fun stuff to do while we are there. Any reccomendations on restaurants and must sees while we are there would be appreciated.
Get a guidebook (the AAA book is good) - - there are a lot of activities and historical sites. Although it sounds a bit odd, a great source of information on Barbados activites is the Barbados message board at Cruise Critic (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=124). Definitely rent a car and get out to see the island, particularly the East coast, and get up and down the West coast. A catamaran sail is a good choice - I recommend Silver Moon. Oistin's on Friday night should not be missed.
Old Jul 5, 2005, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cactuspete
.... A catamaran sail is a good choice - I recommend Silver Moon. Oistin's on Friday night should not be missed.

Have been on Silver Moon twice(the smaller of the 2,a little less busy) ^
Old Jul 6, 2005, 6:15 am

Bedding In Barbados

Notenut:

You mentioned you had 4 to a room. I tried to book over April 2006 and since I had a family of 4 they said we needed to book two rooms. I'm using a redemption and the rack rate at that time is $800. I'd rather not use my points for 2 rooms and certainly not have to pay the 17.5% tax on the rack rate on two rooms if I can avoid it.

What was the bed layout of your room? My two are 10 and 12.

Thanks.............
Old Jul 6, 2005, 7:44 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by smahk
Notenut:

You mentioned you had 4 to a room. I tried to book over April 2006 and since I had a family of 4 they said we needed to book two rooms. I'm using a redemption and the rack rate at that time is $800. I'd rather not use my points for 2 rooms and certainly not have to pay the 17.5% tax on the rack rate on two rooms if I can avoid it.

What was the bed layout of your room? My two are 10 and 12.

Thanks.............
The room we had was set up with 2 double beds. There were a few other families there at the same time with 2 children in the family and they were staying in one room as well, so I don't see what the problem is, unless they're saying that only rooms w/king beds are available (doubtful).
Old Jul 6, 2005, 10:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by smahk
Notenut:

Four (2 & 2) to a room is not a problem. Four adults is not permitted, and that policy seems to be the source of some confusion with the reservations desk.
Old Jul 6, 2005, 3:50 pm

what is the distance from the hotel to the main business and entertainment district on the island?
Old Jul 7, 2005, 7:25 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Starwood Platinum
Wouldn't book 2 adults 2 children for Jan. 06

I recently tried to make an award reservation for Jan 06 and when I called the Diamond desk they would not accept 2 adults, 2 children. The CSR told me they would only accept 3 to a room and I would have to get 2 rooms. I politely refused and did not book. I waited a few hours, called back to get a different CSR and was told the same thing even though 2 double beds were available. So needless to say we've changed plans and decided to go to the Westin in St. John Virgin Islands using Starwood points. I don't know if I made the right choice but I couldn't see wasting an extra 175000 pts for my family NOT to stay in the same room.
Old Jul 7, 2005, 10:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Tmpy
I recently tried to make an award reservation for Jan 06 and when I called the Diamond desk they would not accept 2 adults, 2 children. The CSR told me they would only accept 3 to a room and I would have to get 2 rooms. I politely refused and did not book. I waited a few hours, called back to get a different CSR and was told the same thing even though 2 double beds were available. So needless to say we've changed plans and decided to go to the Westin in St. John Virgin Islands using Starwood points. I don't know if I made the right choice but I couldn't see wasting an extra 175000 pts for my family NOT to stay in the same room.
Make the award reservation, then call the hotel and tell them to note that you need 2 doubles and will have 4 guests (2 children) in the room. I can assure you, this will not be a problem.

As for the other question above, the hotel is 5 minutes from downtown Bridgetown and 10-15 minutes (the other direction) to St. Lawrence Gap.

Last edited by cactuspete; Jan 24, 2007 at 11:55 am
Old Jul 7, 2005, 7:51 pm

Please post a report when you return

Originally Posted by blcst101
I will be staying for 2 weeks starting Aug 8th for my honeymoon. These award stays come in handy.

I'm now scouting locations for our honeymoon next May. We were all set to spend a week at the fantastic Hilton in the Maldives but due to the limited flight frequency from SIN and both of our schedules we could not make it work travel wise. So now we're searching for nice, secluded, resort with a good beach that is remote or somewhat secluded. We want it to offer spa services and perhaps snorkeling etc.

If you could share your experience and how the resort is suited for a honeymoon will be very helpful.

Thanks.

Last edited by US1@ORF; Jul 7, 2005 at 8:25 pm Reason: typo
Old Jul 7, 2005, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jet Lag
what is the distance from the hotel to the main business and entertainment district on the island?
Business in downtown Bridgetown,5 minutes by cab(non rush hour)
Entertainment-depends on what you want to spend!Gap is 10 minutes,Gold coast is 20+ minutes(depending on where)

Traffic can be very busy at rush hour(s).Enjoy
Old Jul 10, 2005, 4:57 pm

Thanks for the information. I just booked a GLON2 award for October 9-15, and based on what I have read here, it should be a great relaxing location.
Old Jul 10, 2005, 6:22 pm

Honeymoon Trip

Originally Posted by US1@ORF
I'm now scouting locations for our honeymoon next May. We were all set to spend a week at the fantastic Hilton in the Maldives but due to the limited flight frequency from SIN and both of our schedules we could not make it work travel wise. So now we're searching for nice, secluded, resort with a good beach that is remote or somewhat secluded. We want it to offer spa services and perhaps snorkeling etc.

If you could share your experience and how the resort is suited for a honeymoon will be very helpful.

Thanks.

Will do. I am looking forward to seeing what the island is like. I will post my stay for all to read. Maybe some photos as well.
Old Jul 21, 2005, 8:37 pm

Trip Reports?? VIP expectations

The countdown begins, 18 days left, for our trip to Barbados. Anyone else have a recent stay?? I am wondering what to expect as a Gold, upgrade being my main concern.

We are staying a week on a GLON and paying for the additional week. With the great deal going on with the 4x promo, we should be able to replenish a large portion of our points with the extra week.

I let them know this was my honeymoon, thinking maybe they would give me a wedding present . IF your listening, Prime Minister's suite would be a great gift.

Thanks to everyone that has offered up some tips on the island. I will be sure to check them out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.