Hilton Barbados Resort
Needham's Point, St. Michael, Bridgetown BB 11000, Barbados
TEL: +1-246-426-0200 FAX: +1-246-434-5770
Email [email protected]
Link to Hilton web page.

Parking: free

Check in: 4:00 pm (strict), check out 11:00 am

Smoking: No smoking

Pets or service animals: No (Barbados law permits this)

Location on the southwestern point with Carlisle Bay on the West and the Southern Shote on the South, on the Caribbean Sea . Near Bridgetown and its cruise port, just coastsude from the Garrison.

BGI / Grantley Adams International Airport is 11 miles away (~30 minutes, but urban traffic can be slow at times - add 10-15 minutes if work or schoolkids rush hours), taxi cost ~$25 USD.

The property consists of two connected north-south oriented towers, the eastern Lighthouse Tower with the Bernard St. John Suite and the Fort Tower (Executive Lounge on floor 8 in the Fort Tower). All rooms face east and south (toward Oistins and distantly toward BGI / Grantley Adams International Airport.

Rooms all face westward; Fort Tower overlooks pools area, Lighthouse Tower overlooks Lighthouse and D. J. dance area, looking toward Oistins. A few end suites in the Fort Tower overlook scenic Carlisle Bay. Beaches include very calm Carlisle Bay, and south Pebbles Beach with a rock sea wall with inlet and small bay. Rooms are being refurbished (since 2015, continues Nov 2017).

Floors 8 and 6 are designated Executive floors. Safes in rooms. Refrigerators (not mini-bars) in room. Executive rooms include bathrobes, apparently not slippers. Peter Thomas Roth amenities in baths, H collection linens.

Executive Lounge: 8th floor west, Fort Tower, card access. Gorgeous Carlisle Bay views. Basic Continental breakfast; cakes at 3 pm, very basic canaps at 5 pm; coffee, teas, soft drinks, water - alcoholic drinks after 5 for sale only. Crowded, not especially comfortable. $30 Bd / $15 USD add on for hot cooked breakfast in Lighthouse Terrace Restaurant for Lounge-eligible giests, Continental (cold offerings) breakfast free for Lounge eligible guests.

Amenities (link):
Children's club and activities (ground floor)

Eforea Spa

Precor Fitness facility

Pools, beaches, beach chairs and umbrellas
Restaurants (link):
Lighthouse Terrace: Open 6:30 am - 10:00 pm for breakfast, lunch and dinner. A la carte and buffet.

The Grille: Open dinner only Tuesday to Saturday from 6.30pm to 10.00 pm. Closed on Sundays and Mondays. Reservations best.

Water's Edge Bar : tables with umbrellas, drinks and snacks including burgers, fish sandwiches. Open daily 10:00 am - 9:00 pm.

Cuppa Caf coffee shop: coffees, soft drinks, pastries. Open 5:30 am - 9:00 pm.

Careenage Bar: limited snacks

Note restaurant schedules will vary according to chalkboards placed daily in the Lobby.

Room Service: 6:00 am - 11:00 pm
Nearby food alternatives West :
Cuz' Fish Shack - just 250 feet west on Aquatic Gap, highly rated fish sandwiches. Walk out of the hotel lobby and follow Aquatic Gap on your left, small blue box trailer.

Brown Sugar: (link) left on Bay Street 0.4 miles near Radisson

Lobster Alive: flies Grenadines-caught spiny lobsters in on their own aircraft, prepares several ways. 1.2 miles west on Bay Street. Link
Down Hastings Road to east within 1-1.5 miles: (right on Hastings from Hilton)
Mama Mia Italian Deli and Pizzeria, highly rated

Buzo Osteria Italiana, Italian Restaurant

New York Pizza
Updated by JDiver 22 Nov 2017

Print Wikipost

Hilton Barbados Resort {BRB}

Old May 7, 2002, 10:43 am

Hilton has not pulled out - it's just that they can't seem to get off the ground with the re-building. Marriott was the last chain that pull out of Barbados. You can find information on the two Fairmont properties in Barbados at Fairmont's website. They are the Fairmont Glitter Bay - http://www.fairmont.com/FA/en/CDA/Ho...100106,00.html - and the Fairmont Royal Pavilion - http://www.fairmont.com/FA/en/CDA/Ho...100132,00.html

These hotels are on the west coast in St. James where the best beaches in Barbados are found. Guests at these properties may also have access to the golf course at Royal Westmoreland which is inland as I do know that Royal Westmoreland guests have access to Fairmont's beach facilities. Have great trip!
Old May 28, 2002, 7:50 pm

P.S.
FWIW, Fairmont Glitter Bay is the only Barbados hotel to make the 2002 Conde Nast Gold List.
Old Jun 1, 2002, 6:39 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA 1.8 MM, DL, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold,
Thanks for the info: I joined Fairmont's President's Club and received 2 UG certs..so I will for sure check it out next month..although it seems a tad pricy. I think I have the Caribbean Hotel pt. earning opportunities fairly well down. It of course varies on my schedule..but in Jamaica..its Hilton in KIN and HI in MBJ (dble miles ) ....I just returned from POS and the Hilton Trinidad..great property..never missed a Gold UG Thanks again!

------------------
MRKEY
Old Jun 1, 2002, 7:04 am

Programs: UA Premier, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
"FWIW, Fairmont Glitter Bay is the only Barbados hotel to make the 2002 Conde Nast Gold List."

It only goes to show how poor an indicator of quality the Conde Nast is when it doesn't inlcude a property like Sandy Lane.
Old Jun 4, 2002, 11:36 am

Latest word on the ground breaking ceremony fot the Barbados Hilton is that it will take place tomorrow, June 5th.
Old Jun 5, 2002, 6:16 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BillMorrow:
"FWIW, Fairmont Glitter Bay is the only Barbados hotel to make the 2002 Conde Nast Gold List."

It only goes to show how poor an indicator of quality the Conde Nast is when it doesn't inlcude a property like Sandy Lane.
</font>

The Gold List has about a one-year lag time. Sandy Lane and the new Villa Nova were not yet open (or had just opened) when the most recent Gold List votes were taken. Given the amount of press CNT has given both of these hotels, I am sure they will show up on next year's Gold List.
Old Jun 7, 2002, 6:37 am

Hilton Update:

Ground finally broken

Opening maybe 2004 or 2005

http://www.nationnews.com/StoryView....2000%3A00%3A00

http://www.barbadosadvocate.com/NewV...fm?Record=8256

Old Sep 5, 2002, 8:38 pm

I was in Barbados last month and took this photo of the new Hilton:

http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?m=8716932...3&n=1539916558
Old Sep 9, 2002, 11:52 am

Not very impressive - that's my initial impression of the first designs I've seen today in the Barbados press for the new Hilton - http://www.barbadosadvocate.com/NewV...fm?Record=9629 One would have thought that after four years of fits and starts that they could have come up with something more interesting than just two plain old boxes. At least the old building had some history and character about it

[This message has been edited by BajanYankee (edited 09-09-2002).]
Old Aug 11, 2003, 6:09 am

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
Barbados Hilton

This thread mentioned that work had started on the Barbados Hilton. Any updates as to when it will be completed?

------------------
Gaza's oneworld & Star Alliance Round the World Information Pages - www.rtw-info.co.uk
Old Aug 12, 2003, 12:18 pm

Although the Hilton website says 2004, meeting and convention news says the $120 million 353 room resort will not open until 2005.
Old Oct 30, 2003, 6:25 am

http://www.barbadosadvocate.com/NewV...m?Record=15397

HILTON NOW 60% COMPLETE
Web Posted - Thu Oct 30 2003
By David Hinkson
The all-new Barbados Hilton Hotel is now 60 per cent complete and the main contractors on the project, Johnston International, expect the 354-room resort to be finished well before the 2004 winter tourist season...

See also - http://www.hiltoncaribbean.com/Barbados/Main.htm

[This message has been edited by BajanYankee (edited Mar 11, 2004).]
Old Apr 18, 2004, 7:11 am

Programs: HHonors Gold
Any further news?

The Hilton website still says "to be opened in 2004" but nothing further. Anyone know when or what catagory this hotel will be?
Old Apr 18, 2004, 9:37 am

Programs: AA PLT 6MM
Runored here to be November 2004, but I wouldn't bank on it!
Old Apr 18, 2004, 1:16 pm
T Q

Programs: HHonors/Marriott/Starwood/SWA Rapid Rewards
Website now says Dec 2004

here's a link to their website which shows Dec 2004 as their opening. I put in for email offers so I can get notified of the latest. This is very exciting. Thanks for posting. I'm interested!

http://www.hiltoncaribbean.com/Barbados/

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.