Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

100% Hampton™ Inn Satisfaction Guarantee: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

100% Hampton™ Inn Satisfaction Guarantee: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2004, 7:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM/Premier Gold, Hyatt Globalist,Hilton Honors Gold, IHG platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Credit for 100% satisfaction refunds???

Today my family checked out of two rooms at a Hampton Inn in Norfolk. Due to multiple problems with the stay that I brought to the managers attention, she invoked the 100% satisfaction guarantee and there was no charge for either of the two rooms.

Not to be greedy or anything but I was counting on these stays to count toward gold recertification. The problems were not my fault so can I try to get credit for these stays?
Old Sep 5, 2004, 8:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy Card, CO Gold, Hertz President's Circle, Amex Centurion and its perks...
Honestly,that is truly greedy!!
Old Sep 5, 2004, 8:01 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Yes, you get stay credit.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130920
Old Sep 5, 2004, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bas5838
Honestly,that is truly greedy!!
I disagree completely.
Old Sep 5, 2004, 11:24 pm
Suspended

Ive always got the stay and pt credit. Once at LAX where the AC busted in the room and the place didnt have an empty room, did I have a hassle not only getting the 100% satisfaction to be upheld, but they changed my address to the hotels and deleted my HH#, so that I wouldnt get any credit for the stay. After numerous calls to the GM who actually came out from his bunker just as I was departing the hotel, to give me his sincere apologies, did I get the proper credit due.
pigging out, NOT at all. Although I also ONLY really wanted the stay credit. After I saw that he switched my address and removed my HH#, I insisted on getting all the pts I would have under a reg stay. I DID in the end. And no way is it GREEDY in the least. heck have a prob with a Sheraton invoke their Promise and even if it was bad enough to comp the room you still get the stay credit so, why NOT over here.
Old Sep 6, 2004, 12:07 pm

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
Got Credit....

I've always gotten credit (the one time I used it)...
Old Sep 7, 2004, 11:33 am
Zip

Programs: UA-MM; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold
Hampton Inn Drop 100% Satisfaction Guarantee??

Stayed at one of my "regular" Hampton's over the holiday weekend. In room, noticed NO posting of their 100% money-back guarantee. Then noticed no notice also in lobby or at front desk.
I never asked for the guarantee, but am curious is this is a policy change??
(No, I didn't ask, in a bit of a rush).
("!00% Satisfaction" was etched in glass on entrance door).
Old Sep 7, 2004, 11:40 am

No.
http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/b...actsheet.jhtml
Old Sep 7, 2004, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by UpgradeMe
Not necessarily saying that the policy has been changed, but the wording in the link above is very much different from the "old" policy:

Old: "If you are not completely satisfied, we'll give you your night's stay for free. That's our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee."

Now: "We promise you'll be 100% satisfied. Guaranteed. That's 100% Hampton."
Old Sep 7, 2004, 1:48 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Stayed at Hampton Crescent City, CA on September 5. Cards touting the 100% guarantee were prominently displayed in the room. No change to traditional wording.
Old Sep 7, 2004, 1:53 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Wanting stay credit is absolutely reasonable. If you don't get it, you may need another stay to achieve desired tier status, at substantial cost to you both in money and time.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 9:21 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
I noticed a change to the wording as well, but no notice to the change in philosophy. Also, the Hampton Inns that have done the "Make It Hampton" program have new plaques on the check-in counter top.
Old Sep 9, 2004, 10:14 am
Zip

Programs: UA-MM; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by loomis
I noticed a change to the wording as well, but no notice to the change in philosophy. Also, the Hampton Inns that have done the "Make It Hampton" program have new plaques on the check-in counter top.
Do the plaques say "100% satisfaction guaranteed", or do they say "your night free if not 100% satisfied" (not exact quotes within my quotes, but there is a difference).
Old Sep 9, 2004, 12:18 pm

I think that Hampton will still give guests the night free if nothing short of that will "gruntle" them. However, by changing the wording, it appears to me that Hampton is no longer locking itself into doing so automatically. Under the old wording, all the cards were on the table, i.e., the hotel told the guest up front how far the hotel was willing to go to satisfy the guest, i.e., the hotel was willing to give the guest a free night. Now, the hotel is holding its cards closer to its vest, in the hopes that most guests will be satisfied by something less than a free night.
Old Sep 10, 2004, 2:42 am

My room key from my last HI stay (in Fremont, California) came in a sleeve that says the following regarding the 100% guarantee (the emphasis is theirs, not mine):

Friendly service, clean rooms, comfortable surroundings, every time. If you're not satisfied, we don't expect you to pay. That's our commitment & your guarantee. That's 100% Hampton.
In other words, I don't believe that HI has changed the 100 percent guarantee at all, as this comes from a Hampton that has fully embraced the new look and campaign.

Mike

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.