Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

100% Hampton™ Inn Satisfaction Guarantee: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

100% Hampton™ Inn Satisfaction Guarantee: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2003, 10:47 am

Programs: lots
100% satisfaction guarantee

Have any of you guys actually gotten your money back on a HI stay or is this BS? I've had many problems with a property recently and never gotten my 100% guarantee.
Old Sep 22, 2003, 10:59 am

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
I have when I didn't want it. Terrible problems with A/C and customer service, told front desk I want some points, said they'd talk to manager. Manager said all they could do was give me that night for free.. so I took it, and it went into my client's pocket.. oh well!
Old Sep 22, 2003, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
I've gotten a refund from the Homewood Suites in Oakland, CA (Don't stay in 120, 220 or 320 -- they are UNFIT for human habitation. The rest of the hotel is great).

If you do not get satisfaction from the hotel, call the HH Guest Relations number. They might put you back in touch with the hotel but since the incident now came through corporate you might get a better response.
Old Sep 22, 2003, 5:35 pm

Have you spoken with Management at the hotel and asked for the 100% Guarantee? The Guarantee is not BS, and Hamptons are requiredto follow this rule (barring some limited special circumstances). I would only go through corporate if contact with the Hotel's Management has yielded nothing.

Hope this helps!

[This message has been edited by cfrehner (edited 09-22-2003).]
Old Sep 22, 2003, 6:16 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, DL Silver, TSA Harassee
I've used it twice and had to turn it down more times than that.

Why would I turn it down?

I do not expect a Hotel to comp me a room because the front desk clerk did not know how to post National as a car rental.

or

The drain in the shower was semi-clogged.

or

The remote control was missing.

I have had comps offered to me when I brought up minor problems such as these. Hampton Inn takes that promo VERY seriously. So, in turn do the franchisee's.
Old Sep 22, 2003, 7:07 pm

Got a night refunded to my CC at the Bedford HS. Was contacted by the manager after a less than favorable review I gave them in a survey they sent to me.
Old Sep 22, 2003, 7:51 pm

I had a night refunded last year because I was GUARANTEED a confirmed King-Bed upon arrival according to my hilton.com confirmation printout. I arrived and the hotel was doing construction and all they had was rooms with 2 doubles. After seeing about 3 things in the room touting their 100% satisfaction guarantee, I thought I'd take advanatage of it (especially since I already had the receipt in my hand that I could give to my company to get reimbursed with). So I made got my credit card charge refunded, turned in the original invoice to my company, and made myself a nice little $90 bonus that day. Thanks Hampton!!
Old Sep 23, 2003, 4:20 am

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/008729.html
Old Sep 23, 2003, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The 100 percent guarantee only applies to the former Promus hotels. Unfortunately I had to use it a few times.

MisterNice
Old Sep 23, 2003, 8:37 am

Yes, received offer to deduct 100% of bill. I only took 50%, as that was the amount I would expect to pay a room at a Super 8(no disrespect to Super), which was the quality level of the room I received at the Hampton Inn, West Bend, IN.

Drain in bathtub was clogged. Stood in 4 inches of water, during my shower. The fan in the bathroom did not work. The non-smoking room smelled of smoke (had to throw the bedspread on the floor, inside out). I complained about the smoke smell as soon as I went to the room and was told that it was the last non-smoking room available. I asked for a spray (Lysol) and was told that housekeeping was out of spray. Had to sleep with the window open on the ground floor, not something I would normally do,because of the security issue.
Old Sep 24, 2003, 8:22 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by gregorygrady:
So I made got my credit card charge refunded, turned in the original invoice to my company, and made myself a nice little $90 bonus that day. Thanks Hampton!! </font>

Old Sep 24, 2003, 8:42 am

Programs: AC Elite *G :: LH Sen *G :: IC Royal Amb :: PC Plat :: HH Diamond
If they pay back 100% of the room bill, does that mean zero points and miles as well?

[This message has been edited by Gustaf (edited 09-24-2003).]
Old Sep 24, 2003, 8:48 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
. . . but then we wouldn't be 100% satisfied now would we?

------------------

BlondeBomber's Star Lounge Guide
BlondeBomber's Star Alliance Gold Comparison Chart 2003
BlondeBomber's Hilton HHonors Rewards Hotel Levels (1 MB!)
BlondeBomber's Starwood Hotel Levels
Old Sep 24, 2003, 11:08 am

Programs: lots
Hampton Inn Uniontown. I had to stay there for a few weeks on business. We had a racist manager who charged non-white people extras for things like toll free numbers etc and refused to take them off of the bill. She on several occasions told me to go to another hotel. At one time my associates car was scratched in the parking lot and he simply asked for the police stations number and she made a public scene on him for seemingly no reason. Once I came in and signed a $69 rate- when I checked out the rate was $99- I tried to fight it but to no avail. The last straw was last week when she cancelled my reservation without telling me and I ended up having to pay $139 at the last minute because the other hotels nearby were full. I think I'm done with Hilton. Its a shame because I have been diamond for 2 years and last year stayed in Hiltons close to 150 nights. I asked for the 100% guarantee and the guest relations person sort of laughed in the phone to me as if that's just a promotion that they never honor. I also never heard back from them.
Anyway, I'm having the last laugh now. I stay at the beautiful Nemacolin Woodlands http://www.nemacolin.com for the same rates I was getting at the Hampton. I'm not getting any points, but this place is gorgeous.
Old Sep 24, 2003, 11:42 am

Programs: AC Elite *G :: LH Sen *G :: IC Royal Amb :: PC Plat :: HH Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BlondeBomber:
. . . but then we wouldn't be 100% satisfied now would we?

</font>
Hehe, no, that´s true

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.