Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

100% Hampton™ Inn Satisfaction Guarantee: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

100% Hampton™ Inn Satisfaction Guarantee: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2019, 2:33 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
It's a Hampton Inn. It is not in the same class of hotel as Kimpton or W.
I understand that - I've been a Hilton member for 20 years! What I am saying is the full service hotels had the same rates with better location.
Old May 1, 2019, 1:12 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Kalboz
I understand that - I've been a Hilton member for 20 years! What I am saying is the full service hotels had the same rates with better location.
Then why did you book the Hampton?
Old May 1, 2019, 4:52 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Avis PreferredPlus; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
Then why did you book the Hampton?
Ironically enough, I think he said it was the breakfast that tipped the scales.
Kalboz likes this.
Old May 1, 2019, 6:05 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by twitch76

Ironically enough, I think he said it was the breakfast that tipped the scales.
That’s what I don’t get. Hampton Inn breakfast is good because it’s free, not because it is delicious or nutritious. If a good breakfast is something important, why would you make that your deciding factor in favor of a Hampton?
Old May 1, 2019, 8:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat

That’s what I don’t get. Hampton Inn breakfast is good because it’s free, not because it is delicious or nutritious. If a good breakfast is something important, why would you make that your deciding factor in favor of a Hampton?
I've stayed in many Hampton Inns. I think I have eaten their breakfast either two or three times.

If there is a Denny's, IHOP, Mickey D, Burger King, Dunkin Donuts, local diner, or any other place where I can get breakfast nearby, I head there instead.
Old May 1, 2019, 8:30 pm

Much of the OP doesn’t make sense or exhibits a lack of even basic travel research.
Old May 1, 2019, 8:46 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Exclamation

Let us not get personal, please.

Regards,

Canarsie
Co-Moderator, Hilton | Hilton Honors forum
strickerj likes this.
Old May 1, 2019, 9:36 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Dovster
I've stayed in many Hampton Inns. I think I have eaten their breakfast either two or three times. If there is a Denny's, IHOP, Mickey D, Burger King, Dunkin Donuts, local diner, or any other place where I can get breakfast nearby, I head there instead.
At least one Hampton even urges you to:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilt...as-become.html
Old May 1, 2019, 10:37 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by Dovster
I've stayed in many Hampton Inns. I think I have eaten their breakfast either two or three times.

If there is a Denny's, IHOP, Mickey D, Burger King, Dunkin Donuts, local diner, or any other place where I can get breakfast nearby, I head there instead.
That's what we eventually did but not at any of the above - we drove to nearby Thai Town for an eventful early lunch!

Originally Posted by smmrfld
Much of the OP doesn’t make sense or exhibits a lack of even basic travel research.
Only your opinion which doesn't amount to much!

Accepting mediocrity (or less) doesn't mean you are an expert traveler either!
Old Mar 24, 2024, 9:06 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

I experienced two consecutive stays at two different Hampton by Hilton hotel properties recently that were disappointing.

I know that the 100% Hampton Inn Satisfaction Guarantee quietly disappeared some years ago; but I cannot find a guarantee of any kind on the official Internet web site of Hampton.

https://www.hilton.com/en/brands/hampton-by-hilton/

Maybe I am missing something...
Old Mar 24, 2024, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by Canarsie
I experienced two consecutive stays at two different Hampton by Hilton hotel properties recently that were disappointing.

I know that the 100% Hampton Inn Satisfaction Guarantee quietly disappeared some years ago; but I cannot find a guarantee of any kind on the official Internet web site of Hampton.

I just recently stayed at a Hampton and I believe it had the guarantee indicated at the front desk (though I cannot be sure). Also, this recent article on the Hilton website still mentions it, so I think it may still be valid (even if they don't actively emphasize it on their website):

Hampton by Hilton Looks to the Future with Innovative North American Prototype and a Refreshed Visual Identity
Old Mar 24, 2024, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by Canarsie

Like HGI, it’s now something along the lines of “we'll make it right.”
Old Mar 28, 2024, 12:04 am

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat Pro, Hilton Dia, Marriott Plat
I'm a team member and yes, the guarantee changed and is no longer "don’t expect you to pay."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.