Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

100% Hampton™ Inn Satisfaction Guarantee: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2002, 8:59 am

We just stayed in a Hampton Inn last week. When I booked the room I was guaranteed a King Bed. When we arrived they tried to stick us in room with twin bed. We complained and the person behind the desk said we could stay in the current room for free or switch to another room and pay for it. We said we wanted the king room. After we changed rooms, the manager came by and told us that since we had not been satisfied, we would not have to pay for the room, and I also got credit for the stay and the points. I think the hotel is also relying on the integrity of most people who stay at their Inns. I would venture to say that they have very few refunds as a total percentage of stays.
Old Jul 10, 2002, 9:11 am
Suspended

once you check-in, even if you dont pay for the room due to your disatisfaction you will get the HHpts, stay/night credit as well as your airline miles.

I had gotten 3 or 4 waviers due to various reasons and the pts etc were always posted as if I paid for the room.
Old Jul 10, 2002, 10:22 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
All of my Hampton stays have been very good so I haven't been able to test their guarantee.

Couldn't one stay and complain that the lack of a clear, written guarantee "contract" has resulted in an unsatisfactory stay?

My guess is that if anyone had any guarantee problems the hotel wouldn't take care of, the corporate office would fix it for you. I think you can rest easy at Hampton.
Old Jul 11, 2002, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by stevet954:
Since the stated guarantee is completely open ended and does not list any restricitons, what is to prevent someone from staying at a Hampton for 5+ nights, and on upon check-out, invoking the 100% guarantee?......
</font>
They will (and properly) give you a refund for one (1) night and you must give them a chance to correct the problem. I certainly hope people are not thinking of abusing this very nice 100% guarantee offer. Itsa nice deal and there arent many nice deals out there.

MisterNice

[This message has been edited by MisterNice (edited 07-11-2002).]
Old Jul 12, 2002, 8:04 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MisterNice:
They will (and properly) give you a refund for one (1) night and you must give them a chance to correct the problem. I certainly hope people are not thinking of abusing this very nice 100% guarantee offer. Itsa nice deal and there arent many nice deals out there.

MisterNice

[This message has been edited by MisterNice (edited 07-11-2002).]
</font>
MisterNice:

I am not advocating abusing this policy, but why do you way that they (Hampton Inn) will give 1 night and that you must give them the chance to correct the problem? I have asked for the details of this policy, and it appears that there aren't any other than what is stated on their room keys, web site, etc. Do you have other information?
Old Jul 12, 2002, 5:50 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver
After my assertion that you had to complain in advance (above) I looked at the Hampton site & can't find anything to back me up. Perhaps what I'm remembering is one property's "interpretation" of the rule? If so, it would be Hampton Inn Maple Grove (MN) where I was spending a lot of time this Spring.

(one block away from the first Krispy Kreme In Minnesota...)
Old Jul 28, 2002, 2:05 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FlyByMike:
I didn't have hot water one morning and they offered me a free night. I said no because I wanted the points and wasn't paying </font>
You should have taken the free night. You still would have received points and miles!

Old Jul 28, 2002, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by stevet954:
MisterNice:

I am not advocating abusing this policy, but why do you way that they (Hampton Inn) will give 1 night and that you must give them the chance to correct the problem? I have asked for the details of this policy, and it appears that there aren't any other than what is stated on their room keys, web site, etc. Do you have other information?
</font>
Nope but I would have a problem hearing someone stayed a week (or 2 or 10, or 20 weeks), then mentioned an unfixed problem at checkout and wanted the whole stay to be free. Itsa nice feature the way it is.

Do you want a 30+ page contract?

MisterNice

Old Sep 30, 2002, 9:21 am

When they say 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, they really mean it

I had a meeting on Saturday morning in Central IL. I decided to stay at a Hampton Inn the night before because the trip takes almost 3 hours from where I live and I wanted to be on time at the meeting. When I was checking out, I said that I didn't receive the Hampton touch and that I didn't receive my 8:30 wake up call so I was late for my meeting which was beginning at that time. All this in a very polite way. The girl checked some cards (Maybe to check the wake up call requests and apologized). She called the manager to bring the water and the snack and told me that she was going to give the 100% Satisfaction Guarantee and inmediately gave me a form to sign. She offered to help me with instructions on how to go to the meeting place. I told her that I appreciated what she was doing but when I told her about what I didn't receive I was not expecting to get a free room, I was just informing her. I felt guilty and at the same time worried because I don't know if they write something in your record when you receive the 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. I would like to know if somebody else has received this guarantee and what do you think about it. By the way, I missed my meeting.

[This message has been edited by Viajera (edited 09-30-2002).]
Old Sep 30, 2002, 10:52 am

Why feel guilty? If you missed your meeting because they forgot your wake up call that sounds unsatisfactory to me.
( Just a thought it's always a good idea to set the alarm clock as well because staff can get busy in the morning....)
Old Sep 30, 2002, 1:42 pm

Of course that you should always set the alarm clock but I arrived late and was very tired. That was part of why I felt guilty and because my intention was not to get the room for free. I also wanted to requalify for Gold the hard way and that was my last stay. I would still like to know if somebody else has received this guarantee and what do you think about it.
Old Sep 30, 2002, 1:57 pm
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My sister-in-law got this from the Hampton at Disneyland. She had the room next to ours with ants (we were ant-free). She went back the next week and had ants again. They gave her the guarantee. She also got the HH points, plus it was a CNTU stay and she got the bonus, too.

Two weeks later she decided to avoid the ants by staying at the HGI next door to the HI. They had ants, too, including in the bed (gag!). All they offered was 50% off a future stay. With the ants? Sure.
Old Sep 30, 2002, 2:01 pm

Location: fort worth, tx AA Gold,Best Western-Diamond, HH- Gold, Marriott-Silver
I really don't care what the hotels policy or guarantee is, I don't pay for rooms with Ants in the bed, period!! They would either immediately get me an ant free room, or I would find another property. I had ants in a red roof inn in Laredo TX, and they found me another room without question. I know Orlando is a crowded market, but I have always been able to find a room available.
Old Oct 2, 2002, 2:58 pm

littleleaguemom: You were right. I checked my account and I received points and credit for the stay. I'm impressed!
Old Oct 4, 2002, 8:48 am

Programs: US Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Amex Plat

I recently had a two-night stay at a Hampton Inn in JAX area. The room had a Jacuzzi tub that did not work. After day one I mentioned it to the front desk and they said they would fix it. Day two at check out they asked if everything was fine, I mentioned the stay was fine but they never fixed the tub. They told me the two-night stay was free. -- No points now, but what about the 2 nights stay credit? Do you think I can still get the points?

[This message has been edited by RMINIONE (edited 10-04-2002).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.