Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {ITA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 26, 2014, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Rome Cavalieri, The Waldorf Astoria Collection hotel property.

Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.

Moderator notes (do not delete)

Posts older than 2013 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the

ARCHIVE THREAD for Rome Cavalieri, The Waldorf Astoria Collection

Links to moved posts should still work.

Kiwi Flyer
Hilton HHonors forum moderator
Print Wikipost

Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {ITA}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2004, 1:50 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some
Arrow Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {ITA}

Posts older than 2016 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the

ARCHIVE THREAD for Rome Cavalieri, The Waldorf Astoria Collection

Links to moved posts should still work.

Kiwi Flyer
Hilton HHonors forum moderator

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Dec 22, 2017 at 4:47 pm
Old Apr 9, 2016, 6:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
I'm a new diamond and had thought about this hotel. From what I'm reading, I'm second guessing that thought.

I would be staying with my wife and five year old daughter. I would be looking to book with points, and would want a confirmed suite. So I'd be spending more points to book the room, if HHonors allows for booking a suite with points; do they?

The no breakfast thing for diamonds; that's pretty amazing. Very Marriott like.

I guess my only real question is, at this hotel what types of suites can be booked with extra points for awards?
Old Apr 10, 2016, 5:45 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by dingo
I'm a new diamond and had thought about this hotel. From what I'm reading, I'm second guessing that thought.

I would be staying with my wife and five year old daughter. I would be looking to book with points, and would want a confirmed suite. So I'd be spending more points to book the room, if HHonors allows for booking a suite with points; do they?

I guess my only real question is, at this hotel what types of suites can be booked with extra points for awards?
Hi dingo, welcome to diamond ^

You can indeed guarantee a suite with cash or points. I just checked on the website for the hotel and an example would be that a basic room is 80k points, an imperial floor room (with the associated lounge access would be 155k, and an alcove suite was showing 244k points. There were other suites showing but you would need to call to check the points rate.

Any Hilton chain hotel will let you book 'premium' rooms (better rooms or suites) for a factor more than the standard rooms, whether you find these value for money or not is subjective but most here do not do this as the points rate is not consider good value. (and assuming availability on the dates you check). I do not believe there are any rooms/suites available in any Hilton chain hotel that are not available for points at some time but the rates can beggar belief.

Re: Breakfast: unfortunately, a Waldorf or Waldorf Astoria brand hotel within the Hilton chain do not provide any breakfast to diamonds / golds as a rule. It is a long standing contentious issue to us but that is the way it is. There are some exceptions such as the Waldorf Caledonia in Edinburgh which does provide breakfast but it is not a guaranteed benefit according to the program.

Any other Hilton chain hotel will provide you (as a diamond) with some breakfast (whether the real thing and a full breakfast, or a continental, or simply a voucher to use at some local place in some places.

Hope these points help. Enjoy your stay in Rome, a brilliant city regardless of where you stay.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 1:08 pm

Programs: LH FTL, HH ♢, HGP P, Accor P
Originally Posted by dingo

Just to inform you: while they do not give free breakfast, they give Diamonds some reduction in the price of breakfast (20 euro vs 32 euro p.p.). FWIW

Enjoy your stay, it's a great hotel!
Old Apr 12, 2016, 5:57 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Yes, it´s a great hotel. One of my favourite hotels world wide, beside Trianon Palace Versailles.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Beautiful hotel, and for €20 the breakfast is wonderful.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 10:06 pm

Programs: DL DM-1MM HH Diamond
Originally Posted by clubman
Beautiful hotel, and for €20 the breakfast is wonderful.
The breakfast is wonderful, but not necessarily better than other Hiltons in Italy that give it to Diamonds for free. i.e. Hilton Sorrento.

IMO pay for the Imperial Floor and the breakfast there is more than adequate, plus the evening Horderves are amazing
Old Apr 28, 2016, 1:19 pm

Programs: Hilton, American, Club Carlson, United, Marriott, Starwood
Originally Posted by 2B or back in coach
The breakfast is wonderful, but not necessarily better than other Hiltons in Italy that give it to Diamonds for free. i.e. Hilton Sorrento.

IMO pay for the Imperial Floor and the breakfast there is more than adequate, plus the evening Horderves are amazing
Coincidentally, my Beloved Wife and I took an anniversary trip to Italy last fall, wherein we stayed at both of these properties (as well as a couple different Boscolo's). All were very good, though the W-A was definitely the nicest of the trip, even without being upgraded to Imperial and free breakfast. (The Hilton Sorrento was showing its age a bit.) BW was particularly impressed with the Pillow Menu .
Old May 24, 2016, 12:34 pm

Looking at staying here in Oct for my honeymoon. How easy is it navigating from the hotel to the major tourist spots? Any tips before I book?
Old May 24, 2016, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Originally Posted by sig05
Looking at staying here in Oct for my honeymoon. How easy is it navigating from the hotel to the major tourist spots? Any tips before I book?
I had a suite upgrade and free breakfast, but I found location to be inconvient.
We took the shuttle down every morning and would usually take a bus back up with our Rome Pass. There is a neighborhood nearby with reasonably priced restaurants and shopping, but most people don't venture out on foot.
Old May 24, 2016, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by sig05
Take the shuttle- it drops you a few blocks from the Spanish Steps. We have stayed there several times, extremely nice place- and have toured Rome extensively using Cavalleri as our base. You can take a cab or bus back if the shuttle isn't convenient, won't cost two much.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 11:47 am

"Looking at staying here in Oct for my honeymoon. How easy is it navigating from the hotel to the major tourist spots? Any tips before I book"

Have stayed many times and found the public bus system works fine (when you miss the shuttle, or want to stay late in the city). Do a search. I believe I posted the bus #s here a while back.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 11:26 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors
I follow a foodie on snapchat that is currently staying here and it is easily the best buffet breakfast spread I have ever seen (which may not be much to some frequent travelers on here). I've seen pics of a salad bar, organic area, gluten free options, hot buffet, pastry section, cured meats section, fruit, japanese section and more.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 11:52 pm

funny you should mention that.... although this is a couple years old. It was taken 5 minutes before closing, which is why you don't see some things fully replenished.

Definitely one of the best I've ever seen. Although I can't remember if there was a chef action station/ a la carte menu or not.

http://sendvid.com/drb6hsb4
http://sendvid.com/wm7xklkr
Old Jun 9, 2016, 2:59 am

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors
Originally Posted by saaveraward
funny you should mention that.... although this is a couple years old. It was taken 5 minutes before closing, which is why you don't see some things fully replenished.

Definitely one of the best I've ever seen. Although I can't remember if there was a chef action station/ a la carte menu or not.

http://sendvid.com/drb6hsb4
http://sendvid.com/wm7xklkr
Yes, the snapchat is quite similar although she was first to arrive in the morning. I am starting to regret not paying up and staying here last year (stayed at the HGI instead).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.