Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {ITA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 26, 2014, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Rome Cavalieri, The Waldorf Astoria Collection hotel property.

Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.

Moderator notes (do not delete)

Posts older than 2013 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the

ARCHIVE THREAD for Rome Cavalieri, The Waldorf Astoria Collection

Links to moved posts should still work.

Kiwi Flyer
Hilton HHonors forum moderator
Print Wikipost

Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {ITA}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2018, 8:04 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by B747-437B
Just a quick update. We got upgraded (as HH Gold) at check-in to a Deluxe Room with Rome City View - which is spectacular. Breakfast benefit is for the full breakfast buffet in L'Uliveti restaurant downstairs - an exceptional spread as well. Very helpful and friendly staff everywhere. Excellent value, especially for the great rate I got!
^
Old Jun 25, 2018, 4:46 pm

Programs: HH: Diamond, WofH: Globalist, UA: 1k, Longterm member only post when I have something new to ask/say

Checked in this evening, very late. Diamond (long term). No real upgrade, just a switch to the "view" side but in fact, it's the 4th floor so sadly, there's no real view (trees in the way), and the outdoor pool looks close enough to potentially be noisy (my profile preference requests "high floor, away from elevator, quiet room" and I called to confirm this a couple of hours before checking in, so relatively unimpressed. No rooms left on a high floor on either side. Pity whoever allocates rooms can't read notes. The "upgrade"meant the twin room I booked turned into a King, so they brought a rollaway for the kid I have with me. And they brought it promptly, which was nice given the lateness of the hour. So mixed check-in and upgrade success.

Was here four years ago when they still had the separate sort of second tier lounge for Diamonds, and now they don't. That doesn't really bother me, it wasn't great anyway. The Diamond status confers breakfast (buffet in the restaurant, as it did four years ago, which I expect to be good) and spa/pools. I recalled paying a hefty uncharge for the pools last time, so I didn't bring our swimsuits. Oh well, I guess that's what H&M is for.

Attached is the card they are giving out to Diamonds now, in case it helps anyone else. I will do a proper trip report at the end of our two night stay. So far, rooms as lovely as I remembered, sumptuous, marble filled, huge balconies, really impressive.... housekeeping worse. Had to clean four black hairs out of the bath with a tissue before kid got in, which has now made me feel a bit icky about walking earlier barefoot on the carpet and drinking out of the slightly smudgy glass...
SPBanker likes this.

Last edited by yaromac; Jun 25, 2018 at 4:48 pm Reason: want to add my attachment.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 9:35 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
Have an upcoming stay in a couple of weeks. They sent an email w/ a link to request an eStandby Nor1 upgrade to a non-view Imperial room for 126 Euros, which I took. Hope it goes through. Just wondering if it does go through, whether there's a possibility of a Diamond upgrade to a Rome view Imperial room, and whether we'd still get access to the buffet breakfast downstairs.

Last time we stayed there it was still a Hilton, and we were upgraded to the Imperial Floor. Really enjoyed the stay (aside from a very noisy large family arriving in the middle of the night and taking rooms all around us). Had a phenomenal dinner at La Pergola, which we hope to replicate.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by stanj
Have an upcoming stay in a couple of weeks. They sent an email w/ a link to request an eStandby Nor1 upgrade to a non-view Imperial room for 126 Euros, which I took. Hope it goes through. Just wondering if it does go through, whether there's a possibility of a Diamond upgrade to a Rome view Imperial room, and whether we'd still get access to the buffet breakfast downstairs.

Last time we stayed there it was still a Hilton, and we were upgraded to the Imperial Floor. Really enjoyed the stay (aside from a very noisy large family arriving in the middle of the night and taking rooms all around us). Had a phenomenal dinner at La Pergola, which we hope to replicate.
To answer your breakfast question, literally look at the post above your own..

There are never guarantees for any upgrades, but as DIA, getting a Rome View room is likely if available.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 10:41 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
To answer your breakfast question, literally look at the post above your own..
Yeah, I saw that. It's just that at some Hiltons I've stayed at in the past, when you get EL access they don't allow you to have breakfast in the restaurant. Others extend both options, which I hope is the case here. Guess I'll find out soon enough.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by stanj
Yeah, I saw that. It's just that at some Hiltons I've stayed at in the past, when you get EL access they don't allow you to have breakfast in the restaurant. Others extend both options, which I hope is the case here. Guess I'll find out soon enough.
Never had the experience with breakfast, but then again, haven't been to all Hiltons! ;-)
Old Jul 19, 2018, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Never had the experience with breakfast, but then again, haven't been to all Hiltons! ;-)
Hasn't been my experience either.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 6:28 am

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
Originally Posted by BlueZebra
Hasn't been my experience either.
Hilton St. Pete (FL, USA) is an example of this. DIA breakfast is in the Exec Lounge on 12, no restaurant breakfast offered. They had hot buffet items along with the continental in the lounge, so I didn't have any complaints.

That said, I would eat dry toast and drink cold coffee for the sunrise view over Tampa Bay each morning from that lounge.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 9:14 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
So, to update this, but has nothing to do with Cavalleri. At Seattle Hilton right now. As Diamond, get lounge access. Diamonds get a discount on breakfast ( got two stories..either $10 or $14 off ) in restaurant. Either final cost of $4, or $8 for buffet. So, despite confusion among employees, lounge with limited selection is free, restaurant is not.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 4:47 pm

Programs: United Gold, Hilton Diamond
Had two reservations here back to back. Had originally booked 2 nights on points, but then decided to book an additional 3 nights on points due to some plans changing. Tried to combine reservations, both via hotel and diamond line; but proved challenging and ultimately glad that didn't happen.

Arrival
We arrived at 10:30PM, via train, from Florence. Took a cab from Rome Termini to the resort, getting there around 11PM. Diamond check-in was great, very friendly, good service, and knowledgeable. They were unable to combine the two reservations, but were confident we could stay in the same room for all 5 nights.

Room
Booked a King Deluxe, on points, for two nights. Provided a room on the 5th floor. View was of the TV/radio(?) tower out back.
Balcony was nice.
First impressions where the room was relatively small, but adequate.
Promptly fell asleep, bed was pretty good.
The next morning, found that the carpet didn't reach the edge of the room; leaving the tack strip exposed. Didn't step directly on it, but fiancee brushed against it.
Also several spots in the bath that were mold/mildew. Not everywhere, but several around the the edges of the tub, and the knobs and faucet. Same with sink.

Resort
The hotel facilities are simply spectacular and seems very posh and serene. Location seems very good for a 'break' from the action of Rome itself.
Breakfast service in restaurant was amazing and the bar service at night was fantastic as well.
Shuttle was convenient and dropped off in a decent location. Shuttle departure from hotel could have been handled better; filled up very quickly and several people turned away. Returned on the last shuttle of the day and it was about half full.
The majority of the staff we interacted with were exceptional.

All in all, I did not feel like I received the caliber of accommodations for the amount of points used, definitely would have been more upset if it was cash.

We ended up checking out early, before 6AM on the morning that completed the first reservation (2 nights). The checkout clerk did not ask how our stay was, why were checking out, etc.
I did not have time to address with hotel manager on duty due to needing to drop bags at new hotel and make 8:00AM scheduled tour. Wish I had.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 2:40 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sonicreducer
Had two reservations here back to back. Had originally booked 2 nights on points, but then decided to book an additional 3 nights on points due to some plans changing. Tried to combine reservations, both via hotel and diamond line; but proved challenging and ultimately glad that didn't happen.

Arrival
We arrived at 10:30PM, via train, from Florence. Took a cab from Rome Termini to the resort, getting there around 11PM. Diamond check-in was great, very friendly, good service, and knowledgeable. They were unable to combine the two reservations, but were confident we could stay in the same room for all 5 nights.

Room
Booked a King Deluxe, on points, for two nights. Provided a room on the 5th floor. View was of the TV/radio(?) tower out back.
Balcony was nice.
The next morning, found that the carpet didn't reach the edge of the room; leaving the tack strip exposed. Didn't step directly on it, but fiancee brushed against it.
Also several spots in the bath that were mold/mildew. Not everywhere, but several around the the edges of the tub, and the knobs and faucet. Same with sink.

Resort
The hotel facilities are simply spectacular and seems very posh and serene. Location seems very good for a 'break' from the action of Rome itself.
Breakfast service in restaurant was amazing and the bar service at night was fantastic as well.
Shuttle was convenient and dropped off in a decent location. Shuttle departure from hotel could have been handled better; filled up very quickly and several people turned away. Returned on the last shuttle of the day and it was about half full.
The majority of the staff we interacted with were exceptional.

All in all, I did not feel like I received the caliber of accommodations for the amount of points used, definitely would have been more upset if it was cash.

We ended up checking out early, before 6AM on the morning that completed the first reservation (2 nights). The checkout clerk did not ask how our stay was, why were checking out, etc.
I did not have time to address with hotel manager on duty due to needing to drop bags at new hotel and make 8:00AM scheduled tour. Wish I had.
Based on your review, I am not clear as to why you checked out. You seemed to have enjoyed the property and liked breakfast. Was it only because of the room condition, which seems pretty common in older properties.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 7:42 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Room
Balcony was nice.

Was not the room 50sqm? I have a reservation for a base deluxe room on points there and it says 50sqm, which is a pretty good size.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 1:02 pm

"Diamonds get a discount on breakfast ( got two stories..either $10 or $14 off ) in restaurant."

Interesting, other posts this year say the restaurant (great buffet) is included. Anyone with recent experience?
I've stayed 6-7 times (usually 6 nights), but not for 4 years. I've watched the service and offerings diminish over the years. Too bad. It once was fabulous.
ChinaShrek likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 2:11 pm

Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
Originally Posted by jabez
"Diamonds get a discount on breakfast ( got two stories..either $10 or $14 off ) in restaurant."

Interesting, other posts this year say the restaurant (great buffet) is included. Anyone with recent experience?
I've stayed 6-7 times (usually 6 nights), but not for 4 years. I've watched the service and offerings diminish over the years. Too bad. It once was fabulous.
I believe this post was referring to a hotel in Seattle and NOT the WA in Rome.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 1:16 am

As you described the WA Rome Cavalieri has very good, just good and less good sides. But from my point of view there is only one reason to stay at the WA Rome Cavalieri anyway. And that reason is, that it is in Rome. So you don‘t pay your points for your room only. You also pay your points for being close to many things, you can only see and experience in that city. Great food, great beverages, great sights and history everywhere.

And you won’t find a better value for HH points in Rome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.