Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {ITA}

Old Jan 26, 2014, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Rome Cavalieri, The Waldorf Astoria Collection hotel property.

Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.

Moderator notes (do not delete)

Posts older than 2013 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the

ARCHIVE THREAD for Rome Cavalieri, The Waldorf Astoria Collection

Links to moved posts should still work.

Kiwi Flyer
Hilton HHonors forum moderator
Print Wikipost

Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {ITA}

Old Jul 19, 2022, 8:49 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, BA Avios, Delta Skymiles
Thanks for posting this beautiful property! I stayed here on Spring Break 2017 and the pool area was not yet open. Would love to visit again!
Old Aug 14, 2022, 12:22 pm

Programs: UA 1p HH gold
Originally Posted by TheTravelPlaybook
Had a chance to stay the Cavalieri earlier this month. Fantastic stay. One night on points, one night with FHR, and Diamond. Great breakfast, great recognition of status (included spa access), the pool is so perfect for summer. Upgraded to an alcove suite. Can see how the whole stay went in the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTdyc67VRdE
Thanks for the lovely video and review. I have one question, did you get the same breakfast as FHR and as Diamond? I tried to make a reservation in Oct and the Diamond desk told me I got $25 credit for breakfast, which probably won't be enough for this hotel, right ?

Thanks,
WJ
Old Aug 14, 2022, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by jwudbwei
Thanks for the lovely video and review. I have one question, did you get the same breakfast as FHR and as Diamond? I tried to make a reservation in Oct and the Diamond desk told me I got $25 credit for breakfast, which probably won't be enough for this hotel, right ?

Thanks,
WJ

Hi,

The Diamond Desk is wrong.. The $25 credit is for F&B at US Waldorfs ( & Conrads /LXRs) only. You will get a full breakfast at the Cavalieri ( buffet I think) and overseas hiltons . I have not stayed here myself but have not seen any complaints about breakfast.

Regards

TBS
lsquare likes this.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Aug 14, 2022 at 2:05 pm
Old Aug 14, 2022, 1:44 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Yes, the breakfast for Diamonds at Cavalieri is a fantastic buffet.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
What is typical pricing for the fall and in the low season? I'm seeing €500+/night. It seems like the reviews in this thread is more favorable than some of the blog reviews I've seen. I just don't know if this hotel is worth this kind of money.

Last edited by lsquare; Aug 14, 2022 at 3:34 pm
Old Aug 14, 2022, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi

I would think there is still pent up demand for travel as a lot of European and UK hotels have been expensive this summer ( like some us hotels)

In November the hotel us down to €350 or so.

Main disadvantage of this good hotel is the location for easy sightseeing of rome and easy return to the hotel during the day

Regards

tbs
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi

I would think there is still pent up demand for travel as a lot of European and UK hotels have been expensive this summer ( like some us hotels)

In November the hotel us down to €350 or so.

Main disadvantage of this good hotel is the location for easy sightseeing of rome and easy return to the hotel during the day

Regards

tbs
Is this hotel located on the outskirts of Rome? The location can't be that bad?
Old Aug 14, 2022, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lsquare

hi

Well, the hotel is on a hill ( it just under 3km from the Vatican museums for example) but limited public transport close by but there is a limited shuttle bus.
Otger hilton hotels are more in the centre of rome and easier to walk to the major sights of Rome

Regards

Tbs
ChinaShrek and lsquare like this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 7:07 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Originally Posted by lsquare
No...it's actually fairly central, but it's on a huge hill overlooking the whole city, so walking anywhere worth seeing is not an option. However a taxi or shuttle will only take around 20 mins to get to most touristy places.

People stay here because it's a true 5 star hotel with an enormous pool, and the views are amazing.
5 star hotels right in the city centre actually charge more, are smaller, don't have pools, and usually have no views.
teemuflyer, lsquare and BlueZebra like this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 8:23 am

Programs: AS-MVP, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
No...it's actually fairly central, but it's on a huge hill overlooking the whole city, so walking anywhere worth seeing is not an option. However a taxi or shuttle will only take around 20 mins to get to most touristy places.

People stay here because it's a true 5 star hotel with an enormous pool, and the views are amazing.
5 star hotels right in the city centre actually charge more, are smaller, don't have pools, and usually have no views.
I agree. We used taxis to get everywhere and nothing was more than 20-25 minutes away. It really is a luxurious 5* hotel. It's not a hotel you stay at if you want to see everything in Rome. We spent the late mornings and early afternoon seeing things in Rome and then came back to the hotel in afternoon, then walked around the hotel area for dinner.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 12:05 pm

Yup as long as you are ok with a 15-20 min taxi/uber back and forth (if you don't want to wait on the shuttle) its an amazing hotel.
NW-A332 and lsquare like this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NW-A332
I agree. We used taxis to get everywhere and nothing was more than 20-25 minutes away. It really is a luxurious 5* hotel. It's not a hotel you stay at if you want to see everything in Rome. We spent the late mornings and early afternoon seeing things in Rome and then came back to the hotel in afternoon, then walked around the hotel area for dinner.
That's sort of my plan if I stay here. I've been to Rome before. I wouldn't mind spending a little bit of time trying restaurants around Rome and then spending the bulk of my time at the hotel, especially if I pay €500+/night.

Originally Posted by Stickboy46
Yup as long as you are ok with a 15-20 min taxi/uber back and forth (if you don't want to wait on the shuttle) its an amazing hotel.
I still don't understand why there are negative reviews of the hotel.

​​​​​​
NW-A332 and DC9 like this.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 7:10 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Exactly, as others have said, if one is planning to stay here it needs to be the right fit for the stay purpose, but if that works some taxi back forth in Rome is not going to make it that much worse when you are already paying 400-600€ a night.

Yes, I realize some folks are here on points stays and don't like the extra cost of a taxi / Uber to get conveniently back and forth, but it is not that terrible and not that expensive in the end.
teemuflyer, lsquare and manstein58 like this.

Last edited by demue; Aug 25, 2022 at 9:17 am
Old Aug 21, 2022, 8:09 am

Programs: American Life Time 2 Million Mile Platinum
My wife and I stayed here over the New years holiday. The fireworks from our balcony New Years night was a spectacle that is indescribable and well worth the taxi rides down the hill .

It's a wonderful hotel for the reasons others have described but New Year's night was a special memory for us.
Football Fan and demue like this.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 11:42 am

Programs: UA GS, AS 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Staying here now on an overall mediocre stay. We had one night booked with FHR and another night with points. Took 15 minutes in line to check in before preferred check-in desk offered to help.

First room with FHR was good but air conditioner did no work fully so room was too hot and very loud guest next door. To keep FHR room for second night, was asked to pay 150 EUR more to keep same room. Given we were out all day and leaving early in AM (plus had a loud neighbor), we decided to move rooms. Mentioned issues first night to manager who never ended up following up.

Breakfast at buffet this morning okay but Imperial Club good and not crowded.

Went in eyes wide open re location which has been as described (15-20 min taxi ride anywhere).

Overall, feels like a decent 4* resort which is not exactly what we were expecting.

Next time, would stay at a different property.
hugolover and mightyducksman like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.