Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {ITA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 26, 2014, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Rome Cavalieri, The Waldorf Astoria Collection hotel property.

Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.

Moderator notes (do not delete)

Posts older than 2013 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the

ARCHIVE THREAD for Rome Cavalieri, The Waldorf Astoria Collection

Links to moved posts should still work.

Kiwi Flyer
Hilton HHonors forum moderator
Print Wikipost

Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {ITA}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2019, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Diamonds get free access to the Imperial Club and turkish baths right? I don't need to take the upgrade offer in that case?
Old Aug 23, 2019, 7:28 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by bomberman92
Diamonds get free access to the Imperial Club and turkish baths right? I don't need to take the upgrade offer in that case?
Diamonds do not get access to either.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 4:19 pm

Programs: $9 Fare Club
Originally Posted by Tomphot

Diamonds do not get access to either.
They do to the Turkish Baths.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 3:53 am

Programs: Hilton D, UA 1MM LT 1K-, LT UAClub, DL MS, DL 1MM, Former LT PClub, CO Infinite Elite
My reading of the rules says that prepaid rates are not included in the Aspire benefit. Anyone agree?

From my benefits page
"Eligible Hilton Resort purchases must be made directly with the participating Hilton Resort and charged to your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card account for the benefit to apply. Advance Purchase Rates/Non-Refundable Rates are not eligible for the resort credit."

Last edited by ContPlat; Sep 20, 2019 at 4:14 am Reason: additional info
Old Oct 3, 2019, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by ContPlat
My reading of the rules says that prepaid rates are not included in the Aspire benefit. Anyone agree?
I purchased a prepaid rate and got the Aspire benefit credit 4 days later. From the Aspire thread, I understand that the rules says the are not included, the current practice is that prepaid rates get credited for overseas eligible properties.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 9:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titan., Hilton Diamond, Hertz Pres
Just completed a four night stay here. Observations:

Airport Transfer - Reserved the Rome Chauffeur ride from FCO for €50. Very easy. Took about an hour in heavy traffic at 9:00 am on a weekday. Return was early AM and much easier.

Check-In - Reserved an Imperial King with Rome View. Room was not ready but they took our bags and allowed us to use the Baths while we waited. Very welcome after the overnight flight. Nominal Diamond recognition. Was allowed into the Club Lounge at 11:00 am and waited there until approx. 12:30 pm when the Club attendant let us know the room was ready.

Room - Regular King room on the 8th floor with small additional seating area. Nice but not spectacular. The view, however, was spectacular. 8th floor is definitely better than 7th and room numbers >735 or 835 are the better side for an unobstructed city view. Well worth the premium for the view.

Baths - On level -2. Turkish Bath, jacuzzi, sauna, indoor pool, and gym all included. Spa treatments extra. Nice but not significantly better than full service gyms in US. Outdoor pool was closed.

Club - Excellent with all day food and drinks plus Rome view. Very elegant and not ever crowded even though the hotel was sold out. Outdoor patio seating available. Not quite on the level of the Conrad HK Club, but very much worth upgrading to the Imperial Room to gain access. No access for Diamonds not on Imperial Room floors.

Restaurants - 9th floor is the 3 Michelin star restaurant. Did not partake. Normal restaurant is on the -1 floor semi-attached to the outdoor pool patio. Excellent breakfast spread included as a Diamond/Imperial Room. Highly recommended.

Getting Downtown - There is a free shuttle, but only use it if you are off hours or on a weekend. During business hours, it was way off schedule and took nearly an hour to get to the destination. Drop off is between the US Embassy and Piazza Barberini. Not very convenient to the main sights. Cabs are €15-20 from the hotel to the Forum area. Less to the Vatican. It could be walkable, but I do not recommend it. Used Uber to return to the hotel and was never more than €20 even when the original quoted price was ~€30. No regrets about staying outside of downtown.

Local Area - Not much in the immediate vicinity, but 2-3 restaurants and a small shop a 5-10 min walk.

Other
Use the auto blackout blinds for the window if you want to sleep in. Rooms with the view face East.

Use the soundproof door near the room entrance to keep the hall noise out.

There is a private elevator serving -2, Lobby, 7, & 8. Around the corner from the main elevator bank and very helpful when it is busy.

There was a doctor conference during our stay which led to the hotel being sold out. The lobby was busy during daytime hours, but there is little reason to spend time in the lobby. The cab line was long one day, but moved quickly. I was glad I reserved the Imperial Room with a Rome View because the upgrade would have been unlikely.

On the whole, Club access more than made up for the distance to downtown. I highly recommend it.
llfoster, ctbarron and yurtripper like this.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by ChurnieEls
Stayed here 7/13 - 7/16 with a mixture of FNC, Points & a cash night (partially reimbursed by the Aspire Resort Credit)...
For the cash night, which rate did you book to get reimbursed by the $250 Aspire credit? Thanks.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 5:49 pm

Programs: $9 Fare Club
As always with the resort credit you need to book a non-prepaid rate for it to credit.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by ChurnieEls
As always with the resort credit you need to book a non-prepaid rate for it to credit.
Thanks.
From Wboy411a's post above, prepaid rates also work at this resort.
Wboy411a likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 3:43 pm

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Hilton
Is this property even able to be booked with a reward stay? I can't seem to find a standard room no matter which dates I put in.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 5:40 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by bishj5
Is this property even able to be booked with a reward stay? I can't seem to find a standard room no matter which dates I put in.
More info would be helpful. When are you looking? Do you have enough points? In the past, the Hilton site would not sure you award stays if you didn't have enough points.

I have a cash plus points stay booked for May for our 35th wedding anniversary.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by BlueZebra
More info would be helpful. When are you looking? Do you have enough points? In the past, the Hilton site would not sure you award stays if you didn't have enough points.

I have a cash plus points stay booked for May for our 35th wedding anniversary.
Ahh sorry. I have 240k pts in my account at the moment. Also have about 900k pts tied up with current bookings that I might cancel and get refunded so I figured the amount of points shouldn't be problem The most points for a standard room across all Hilton properties is 95k/night right? I'm also Diamond if that helps.

As for when - I'm totally flexible but was hoping to book around an American holiday to sneak in that extra vacation day. Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, etc...
Old Dec 16, 2019, 6:51 pm

I am seeing a twin delux room for 3 nights across Memorial Day for 240K points, 80K per night. I don't have that many points right now, so I am not signed into my account, and it shows award stays. So I think it is the points issue. How many points you have committed to other bookings doesn't matter. Being Diamond doesn't matter. It is typically if you don't have enough points in your account, they won't show you reward stay rates.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 9:14 pm

Looks like you're right! Good to know about needing the points for it to show availability. Much appreciated.

If I book the double twin, is this property likely to upgrade based on status? or is a paid upgrade only like the Conrad Maldives?
Old Dec 17, 2019, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by bishj5
Looks like you're right! Good to know about needing the points for it to show availability. Much appreciated.

If I book the double twin, is this property likely to upgrade based on status? or is a paid upgrade only like the Conrad Maldives?
You could get an upgrade, always depends on availability. But you won't get an upgrade to Imperial Lounge floor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.