Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors Lifetime Status: Does This Exist? Could It Ever Be Possible?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Honors Lifetime Status: Does This Exist? Could It Ever Be Possible?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2007, 2:35 am

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by oosillyoo
Not completely true, if you read the whole thread you can get lifetime diamond status by buying a certain level of Hilton Grand Vacation Club points.
Well, this is not entirely accurate either. HGVC enveiled two new "Elite" levels this year: Elite Plus (purchase of 24,000 pts) and Elite Premier (purchase of 34,000 pts). While the standard Elite (purchase of 14,000 pts) and Elite Plus both give the owner "lifetime" Gold HHonors status, Elite Premiere only comes with ten years of Diamond HHonors status.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 6:44 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
SPG is the same for buying a condo. They give you a black card, they make it sound like lifetime status, but it is just another level.
Old Oct 21, 2008, 2:00 pm

Programs: Southwest A-list, Hiltonhonors Diamond, Delta, AA Platinum, IHG Platinum,
Hilton Lifetime Membership?

Ive heard Marriott offers a lifetime membership after a longtime andn a certain number of points. Anybody know anything for hilton?
Old Oct 21, 2008, 2:06 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
HH does not offer lifetime status.
Old Oct 21, 2008, 2:31 pm

I think that HGVC Elites at the premier level have HHonors diamond status for as long as they remain elite premier owners, which could be a lifetime.

nonutrix
Old Oct 21, 2008, 6:48 pm

Programs: LH HON etc.
They do have a lifetime (or at least not time limited) membership for VIP customers..
Old Oct 21, 2008, 11:06 pm

Programs: Alaska LTG, HHonors-Gld, IHG-Dia, LT MR Ti
Originally Posted by nonutrix
I think that HGVC Elites at the premier level have HHonors diamond status for as long as they remain elite premier owners, which could be a lifetime.

nonutrix
Every Hilton time-scare presentation I have ever heard, all they offer you is Gold for life. Not a bad deal, Diamond would be better of course.
Old Oct 21, 2008, 11:44 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, SPG Plat, HGVC, AsiaMiles
As nonutrix said, Elite Premier HGVC members have Diamond Hhonors membership.

You need to own 34,000 club points (somewhere between 5 and 8 weeks of timeshare at least, I think).
Old Oct 22, 2008, 9:49 am

Programs: UA-Gold, HH-Diamond
Actually, there is...

If you get the Amex Hilton HHonors card (with no annual fee) you are comp'd to Silver HH status. If you spend > $20K per year on their card they will upgrade you to gold.

Then again, the thread here about fast-tracking to HH Gold has worked for me every year I couldn't re-qualify on my own.

-Goat
Old Oct 22, 2008, 7:31 pm

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by SilverGoat
If you get the Amex Hilton HHonors card (with no annual fee) you are comp'd to Silver HH status. If you spend > $20K per year on their card they will upgrade you to gold.

Then again, the thread here about fast-tracking to HH Gold has worked for me every year I couldn't re-qualify on my own.

-Goat
He HH Platinum Amex give you Silver status while you hold the card. (here)

The Hilton Citi Gold Visa offers the same. (here)

If I remember correctly, the Amex gives you Gold status if you spend $20K+ in a calendar year.

Edit: oops, confirmed with the above Amex link.

Last edited by Evan!; Oct 22, 2008 at 7:32 pm Reason: confirmed
Old Jan 15, 2009, 9:43 pm

Programs: SWA A-List Preferred & Companion Pass, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz Prez Circle
Originally Posted by NickyD
A lifetime Hilton Gold would be nice. However, I am not sure that getting comped to Gold annually would work. I remember being told by Customer Service that they could do a "one time upgrade to Gold" as a courtesy.

You can get Starwood Gold for Life by purchasing one of their timeshares.
I know this is the HHonors thread, but to expand on what you said above. SPG is offering lifetime Platinum if you purchase 2 weeks or more at the same timeshare property.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by el_jefe
I know this is the HHonors thread, but to expand on what you said above. SPG is offering lifetime Platinum if you purchase 2 weeks or more at the same timeshare property.
You can also get lifetime Gold or Diamond from HHonors through HGVC (depending on how much timeshare you purchase).
Old Aug 18, 2009, 11:48 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
As I have aggressively been going for lifetime Marriott Gold and then Diamond, I decided to call Hilton to see whether they even track lifetime nights (which is what you can do with Marriott-a simple call will give you your lifetime nights status).

To my surprise the agent told me I have 864 and Ms. Travelexpert has 311. So I suspect we'll see introduction of an HHONORS lifetime program in the near future--if only to compete with Marriott in this down economy.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by travelexpert
As I have aggressively been going for lifetime Marriott Gold and then Diamond, I decided to call Hilton to see whether they even track lifetime nights (which is what you can do with Marriott-a simple call will give you your lifetime nights status).

To my surprise the agent told me I have 864 and Ms. Travelexpert has 311. So I suspect we'll see introduction of an HHONORS lifetime program in the near future--if only to compete with Marriott in this down economy.
It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone lifetime stays/nights are tracked. Same with EQM for airlines.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 10:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by travelexpert

Hate to burst your bubble & I hope I'm wrong, but I've been a member of Marriott & Hilton since the beginning of the programs.

On the 20th anniversary of Marriott's program, they granted me Lifetime Platinum (ie, top tier) status. On the 20th anniversary of Hilton's program, they sent me a paperweight showing the year I joined & my Hilton #. Guess which one is getting more of my business? Duh.

BTW - the paperweight does come in handy in one respect. Since I'm now booking Hilton less, I've forgotten my #, so I grab the paperweight when asked & read the # off that
cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.