Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors Lifetime Status: Does This Exist? Could It Ever Be Possible?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Honors Lifetime Status: Does This Exist? Could It Ever Be Possible?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2003, 5:09 pm

Lifetime Achievement Award(?)

I am wondering if Hilton has a match to the airlines Lifetime awards. Maybe 500 nights for Lifetime gold and 1,000 nights for lifetime diamond. Sure would be nice to be able to look forward to the benefits in my leaner leisure years. Has Hilton, or any chain, had such a benefit in the past or still offers such a benefit?

thanks,
marc

PS If there is a lurker here, please send the idea up the flagpole.

[Edited to make numbers sane]

[This message has been edited by Marq (edited 04-15-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Marq (edited 04-15-2003).]
Old Apr 15, 2003, 5:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/LT Plat; SPG Plat/LT Gold; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
u do realize 2500 nites is 83 nites a year for 30 YEARS!!!.. THAT IS INSANE... Do you really think people work from 20 to 60, travel that much, and have a family? lol. Should be more 30 to 50.. IT SHOULD BE SIMPLY DIAMOND STATUS X 15 years... man i hope hilton doesnt give u a job...

[This message has been edited by welookgood.com (edited 04-15-2003).]
Old Jun 8, 2003, 8:32 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Lifetime HHonors Diamond?

Some other frequent guest programs (like Hyatt) reward their members with Lifetime status once their lifetime base point balance exceeds 1million points.

Does Hilton offer such a program?
Old Jun 9, 2003, 12:16 am

No.

Mike
Old Jun 9, 2003, 6:00 am

Programs: HH Silver, SPG Gold, PC Plat, IC Royal Ambassador, UA 1K, Founder www.SeatExpert.com , CO Platinum
Yes, there are way(s) to get lifetime Hilton HHonors Diamond status, although not based on your HHonors lifetime earnings.

One way that I know was to buy a timeshare at the NY Hilton, and they thrown in lifetime diamond status as part of the sale. This offer was made in August of 2002.

------------------
International airlines seat desirability map
Old Jun 9, 2003, 6:31 am

Don't you think HHonors is devalued enough?
Old Jun 11, 2003, 1:22 am

Programs: Ex-Continental Platinum Elite, HHonors Diamond Preferential VIP, Former Continental Platinum Elite
Lifetime Diamond membership? I thought it was only lifetime silver membership? Is that still being offered?

How much is a "studio" timeshare at the NY Hilton?

------------------
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been,and there you will forever long to return." Leonardo da Vinci

200 nights/200 legs a year
Old Jun 11, 2003, 3:10 am

Programs: HH Silver, SPG Gold, PC Plat, IC Royal Ambassador, UA 1K, Founder www.SeatExpert.com , CO Platinum
It certainly was lifetime diamond. Silver is such as worthless level that I would have laughed the salesperson off the floor that we were visiting during the construction at the NYC Hilton.

Don't recall the actual price, although the per night price over the lifetime of the lease of (I think it was 20 years, could have been 30) was about $150-200 per night. Perhaps the cost was in the 30-60 thousand range.

There were some threads on this board a few months back that discussed this and timeshares in general. A search should find you more information.
Old Jun 11, 2003, 7:12 am

Approx $45K
Old Jun 11, 2003, 11:58 am

Is this available for any other hotel? Are there any other ways to get the lifetime diamond?
Old Oct 17, 2003, 6:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, US Silver; MR life plat, HH diam.
Lifetime Diamond???

I have been a Diamond member since Hilton created the Diamond level, and a Marriott Platinum member for a number of years. Several years ago, Marriott sent me a Lifetime Platinum card. Does anyone know if there is any way to get a Lifetime Diamond status with Hilton? I have asked representatives on the Diamond desk several times, but no one seems to know for sure.

------------------
Old Oct 31, 2003, 8:33 pm

Programs: AC MM
This would be interesting. I just checked my Hhonors statement, and I have spent 201 nights in Hiltons so far this year. (all in the same hotel...)

The hotel treats me really well, I don't know if the Hhonors program pays much attention to the REALLY frequent guests, though.
Old Nov 1, 2003, 7:44 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Max Power:
I have spent 201 nights in Hiltons so far this year. (all in the same hotel...)

</font>
Wow. I hope they're looking after you.
Old Nov 1, 2003, 9:31 am

I have 100 nights at a single hotel this year. It is nice that the hotel recognizes that and responds to special requests.

As for lifetime, I sure wish Hilton would institute something. Maybe Gold for 500 nights and Diamond for 1000 nights.

marc
Old Nov 1, 2003, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

A similar discussion is going on in the Starwood forum.;

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum74/HTML/008620.html

Regards

TBS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.