Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Carson {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Carson {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2002, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold Hilton Gold
Arrow DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Carson {US-CA}

I've read quite a few posts about the balky properties that grudgingly, if at all, give elite benefits.

Just thought I'd post a complimentary one about the Hilton in Carson, Calif. Stayed there last night for one night only. Gave my gold card and flyer # on checking in. The clerk said, "We already have your numbers entered...gave me my breakfast coupon, upgraded me to a suite, the morning's USA Today and a bottle of water and candies were awaiting me when I got into the room.

(This was on an Entertainment rate of $79. I was trying to find a reasonably priced HH property within a reasonable driving distance of LAX.)
Old Jun 20, 2003, 8:43 am

Yes, I did a search, and there's almost no mention of the Hilton Carson Civic Plaza.

It seems suspiciously inexpensive. Anyone have any comments/advice/praise/warnings?

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Mar 27, 2015 at 9:23 pm
Old Jun 20, 2003, 10:48 am

I stayed here in January 2003 at a rate around $89. As I recall, the hotel itself was just fine, though I didn't receive any perks or upgrades as a diamond (the desk clerk said they were full, appeared to be, and I didn't get in until after 9 PM).

Rooms were decent, staff was good, location was good, the bar / restaurant had great service... and pretty decent chicken quesadillas! I think you'll like this property just fine.
Old Jun 20, 2003, 3:37 pm
Original Member

It's the most ordinary Hilton you could imagine.

QL
Old Jun 21, 2003, 11:24 am

I stayed there 2 months ago. One of the 'dated' Hilton interiors. High-speed internet is 9.95. Restaurant was so-so. Parking is ample. Good location for Crason/Long Beach. Price is quite reasonable. At that price, I would stay again.
Old Jun 22, 2003, 8:46 am

Programs: AA Plat, BA, DL, Frontier, NWA, SWA, UA, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat, Choice Priv, BW, Diners
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Kitty Hawk:
Yes, I did a search, and there's almost no mention of the Hilton Carson Civic Plaza.

It seems suspiciously inexpensive. Anyone have any comments/advice/praise/warnings?
</font>
Note terms like "hotel itself" in the reviews above. If you're not familiar with the area, you have to understand that Carson is in the middle of a huge industrial (and sometimes smelly -- industry in the area includes major refineries) stretch of the 405 between the 110 and 710 freeways. That should explain a lot about the pricing...
Old Jun 23, 2003, 7:09 am

Thanks for the input, everyone.
Old Jul 28, 2005, 10:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
Arrow DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Carson {US-CA}

Any recent stay(since 5/2005) feedback about this hotel is appreciated. Thank you.
Old Jul 28, 2005, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat (2MM), AS MVPG, DL DM, HH Dia(life), Hyatt Dia, SPG Plat
Hotel is "okay" - rooms are adequate.

Request a corner upgrade room when you check in. They have a separate sitting area and bedroom.

Restaurant is okay for breakfast, but there nothing much else close by. You can drive west down Carson Blvd over the 110Fwy to "In-n-Out Burger" Yum Yum
Old Aug 15, 2007, 11:15 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
any recent experiences? Thanks.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 10:19 pm

Programs: UA1K, HH Diamond, SPG Plat
Feb 2011

The rooms in the hotel are tired with old TVs, staff are grouchy, and on check-in they only give diamonds 8oz water bottles. Oh yes, and the internet is painfully slow. Not one of the better Doubletree properties.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 11:44 pm

Programs: UA .75K, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
check it out now.. New ownership. they just renovated as of Jan 2012. new hi speed internet, fitness center, upgraded menus. worth another look.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 11:11 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Just wondering what the immediate area is like? Carson used to be somewhat downscale.

David
Old Apr 24, 2012, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by DiverDave
Just wondering what the immediate area is like? Carson used to be somewhat downscale.

David
Neighborhood hasn't changed at all...but Five Guys and other options are a short drive away.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 11:37 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Exterior looks refreshed from the 405. Ikea is across the freeway

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.