Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Diamond reward override, only once per yer????

Diamond reward override, only once per yer????

Old Jul 27, 2005, 7:42 pm

Location: Louisville, KY, DL PM-MM, AA PLT, HH DIA, Marriott PLT, Avis CHM, Yada, Yada, Yada
I have used this benefit twice in the last couple of months. I was even able to get an award stay in Cancun for next winter when the website showed NO rooms available. What a great benefit for loyalty to Hilton!
Old Jul 29, 2005, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Update: I just had occasion to call the diamond desk today, and while on the call, I asked the question to the rep on the phone to get his opinion on the subject. He informed me that the information the other rep gave me (only one special request per year) is patently incorrect. He said that special requests were part of the perks of being a diamond member and that they are happy to process 5-10-15 or as many special requests per year as a member needs. I told him I was glad to hear that. Just thought I'd update you all on what I found out.
Old Jul 29, 2005, 10:45 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Thanks for asking, and for posting, hhonorman :-: !

The restriction on one override per year sounded like bureaucrap to me; made no sense at all.
Old Aug 12, 2005, 11:25 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
yeah

since i am diamond,

i already requested 5 diamond overrides this year.

i burned 120K hilton points in the last 24h as i made bookings for november/december/january this year.

dp
Old Aug 14, 2005, 6:16 pm

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, Marriott Silver?
Hilton Override and stay at Hilton Lac Leamy in Ottawa/Hull

Well, I burned about 310K last year for about 13 nights and I think about 3 were Diamond special request. I had one denied to me since I was trying to book for my parents as a gift to them but I was told it required a Diamond override / Diamond Force and it is only for Diamond members, not family / friends of Diamond members. I thought it was very silly since the night before which they had availability was only $10 cheaper than the night in question that required a Diamond override...

I burned 30K this weekend for Hilton Lac Leamy in Ottawa/Hull and Hilton came through with flying colors and partially restored my faith after several incidents in the last year that had me toying with the idea of not going for status at Hilton. The hotel was sold out completely and they did a diamond override for which Hilton is paying about C$279+tx to the hotel (pretty close to rack rate). The hotel upgraded me to a 1bdrm corner king jacuzzi suite and gave us access to the lounge. Since this is a trip for my parents for their Golden wedding anniversary and there was a grand finale of fireworks which packed the place, I am pretty happy with the Diamond Desk ^ . This has restored my faith in Hilton taking care of their top customers. The hotel closed the lounge for a special dinner but gave us cocktails in the ground floor lounge area with 1 drink... Breakfast was the usual continental stuff. The pool was rather nice but did not have time to try out the spa.

Overall, I would rate the stay a 9.

Last edited by Snoopyo; Aug 14, 2005 at 6:24 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.