Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2019, 6:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
Next year Tokyo is hosting 2020 Summer Olympics and authorities in Japan have been letting public know that there will be more security measures implemented both in front of public and at the scene of public.

There have already been cases of people being asked for an ID at an event or a location which previously ID was never required. There have been already cases asked personal details from authorities or a large public places such as at a hotel which previously such was never done.

Authorities in Japan are prtyy much open to public that such events will increase and become more frequent as get closer to 2020 Olympics.
Thanks for the info.^
It makes perfect sense. The frontline in observing and reporting suspicious behavior, travel patterns, etc. is very likely within the hospitality industry.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 12:48 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by Shadowfactor
Is 22,000 yen a night a good price for this property ?
I cant find anything cheaper using flexible dates but I figured I would ask
Well, the website is quoting me upwards of ¥60k for some dates in March 2020 (granted, it's super peak sakura season) for the base King Hilton room.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 10:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Just booked an award night for 70k points at this property. Room rate with taxes etc would have run me about $553. Was this a worthwhile redemption for Tokyo (booking early November)? How are diamonds treated at this property?
Old Jul 24, 2019, 7:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by Red259
Just booked an award night for 70k points at this property. Room rate with taxes etc would have run me about $553. Was this a worthwhile redemption for Tokyo (booking early November)? How are diamonds treated at this property?
Yes, you got an excellent redemption value but normally this property costs much less, so there is probably a convention or other event nearby during your visit. This is one of the most popular business hotels in Tokyo and it is almost always at capacity, so sometimes it is very expensive. I like this property more than the Park Hyatt across the park.

Diamonds are treated very well here. Their EL is the best that I've ever experienced across any brand, and the service culture at this property is exceptional.

Be sure to check-out the outstanding fitness center and the wonderful hot and cold baths. You can make the hot bath as warm as you want-something which can't be done in any other property I've ever stayed at. There is nothing better than relaxing in the hot bath after a long work day.
Cymro likes this.

Last edited by zombietooth; Jul 24, 2019 at 8:20 am
Old Aug 6, 2019, 12:42 pm

seeing this alert on the hotel webpage: As of 15th July, Hilton Tokyo will implement a new Elevator Card Access System. Guests who will be staying with us in the Executive-category rooms, Suites and/or Hilton Honors Diamond members who wish to check-in in our 37F Executive Lounge, please visit our Front Desk, Concierge Desk, or nearby staff members when entering the 1F lobby to gain access to 37F.

Does this mean that you have to go to lobby just to access 37F??
Old Aug 6, 2019, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by dascc
seeing this alert on the hotel webpage: As of 15th July, Hilton Tokyo will implement a new Elevator Card Access System. Guests who will be staying with us in the Executive-category rooms, Suites and/or Hilton Honors Diamond members who wish to check-in in our 37F Executive Lounge, please visit our Front Desk, Concierge Desk, or nearby staff members when entering the 1F lobby to gain access to 37F.

Does this mean that you have to go to lobby just to access 37F??
Hi,

For the first time ( ie when arriving and you wish to check in) yes you will need to visit the lobby ( generally where you come in unless coming through the shopping arcade). After you check in, if you have lounge access then your room key card will be good for 37F also ( so you can go straight to 37F)

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 6, 2019, 1:07 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

For the first time ( ie when arriving and you wish to check in) yes you will need to visit the lobby ( generally where you come in unless coming through the shopping arcade).
The Hiltopia elevator is separate from the main elevators and can only go up to the event and restaurant floors. You have to transfer to the main elevator to reach guest rooms anyways.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

For the first time ( ie when arriving and you wish to check in) yes you will need to visit the lobby ( generally where you come in unless coming through the shopping arcade). After you check in, if you have lounge access then your room key card will be good for 37F also ( so you can go straight to 37F)

Regards

TBS
isn't that how it always works? They program your card upon check in for lounge access (assuming you're entitled to the EL)?
Old Aug 6, 2019, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dascc
isn't that how it always works? They program your card upon check in for lounge access (assuming you're entitled to the EL)?
Hi,

Yes it is but the last time i arrived at the Hilton Tokyo the elevators did not have a keycard so you could head straight up to floor 37 to check in without using anybody in the lobby .Looks like this will no longer be the case ( but more secure probably)

Regards

TBS
dascc likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rustykettel

The Hiltopia elevator is separate from the main elevators and can only go up to the event and restaurant floors. You have to transfer to the main elevator to reach guest rooms anyways.
Hi,
Thanks for the clarification. I intended on saying that coming from Hiltopia you would not have needed to use anyone in the lobby , just changing elevators

Regards

TBS
rustykettel likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 3:27 pm

Is it easier to get a bus to the hotel from NRT or take the train to Shinjuku and walk to the hotel?

Thanks!
Old Aug 15, 2019, 3:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by HawaiiO
Is it easier to get a bus to the hotel from NRT or take the train to Shinjuku and walk to the hotel?

Thanks!
I've never walked it, but there's a shuttle between the Hilton and the Shinjuku train station.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 3:42 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred

Thanks!
Limo Bus would be easier since it's essentially door to door. It'll run a bit more than NEX, particularly if you're going round trip or you can use a rail pass. Also, the train is a little more room and you can walk around. I'd look at the schedule for both & see which fits better with your plans.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks!
Hi,

Do you have much luggage? With a large suitcase the bus is handier as it is door to door but as Travellawyer said there is a shuttle bus from the West entrance of Shinjuku statiom ( stop 20/21 IIRC) but can be full at peak times- runs every 20mins or so ( reduced frequencies outside peak times)

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 15, 2019, 4:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond

Thanks!
Convenience wise, the Limo Bus is the best bet between these two options. Door to door service at a reasonable price. Sometimes the schedule favors the NEX..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.