Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2019, 1:58 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Originally Posted by DownData
Anyone been here recently? Did the EL open after renovation?

Was there last month, it's open.
Really nice staff, but evening food selection was a bit lacking in my opinion.
Not sure what is was like before, so cannot compare.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by dangerclose
Has anyone else observed that booking five nights using Points at Hilton Tokyo does not trigger the fifth-night-free bonus/discount?

Is it a bug, or not honored at this hotel?
it's honored and I assume you are logged in? Try calling reservations to book.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 1:42 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Has anyone else observed that booking five nights using Points at Hilton Tokyo does not trigger the fifth-night-free bonus/discount?

Is it a bug, or not honored at this hotel?
Note that fifth night free only works for standard room awards. It is not valid for premium room awards.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 8:59 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Ouch, Hilton Tokyo seems to be super popular during Sakura season. I guess room upgrades will be highly unlikely even as Diamond. King Hilton room prices for the dates I'm looking at:

Mar 27 - Mar 31: Ą59,904++/night
Mar 31 - Apr 05: Ą37,926++/night

38k jpy looks sort of palatable, but 60k is a bit meh.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 4:47 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by shuigao
Ouch, Hilton Tokyo seems to be super popular during Sakura season.
Entire Japan is super popular during Sakura season, not just Hilton Tokyo. It has been already past ten years or so that Sakura season has become very popular by non-Japanese. Enough that locals notice increase of visitors at various places during Sakura season.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 7:20 pm
formerly wunderpit

Programs: UA1K-HHDiamond
Goofy New EL Check in

Friend there right now just sent this. They have added key access to guest floors and gym, and it appears that one cannot go check in at the EL on floor 37 now without FIRST CHECKING with the front desk. Why would one do both? Silly...

Old Jul 15, 2019, 7:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by wunderpit
Friend there right now just sent this. They have added key access to guest floors and gym, and it appears that one cannot go check in at the EL on floor 37 now without FIRST CHECKING with the front desk. Why would one do both? Silly...
Just checked out of this hotel today.

I mean it's a matter of telling a staff member (of which there are many around the lobby) that "I'd like to check in at the executive lounge." I have been to several other hotels that have this same limitation. It isn't really a big deal.

That said I've always found the whole idea of checking in at a lounge a bit silly. Its rarely more convenient than the front desk
Old Jul 15, 2019, 7:38 pm
formerly wunderpit

Programs: UA1K-HHDiamond
After I posted I realized this. Lots of staff there all the time, so I'm sure they scan you up. I have mixed results with checkin there. Sometimes it's Zootopia downstairs.
Beano and rustykettel like this.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 10:21 pm

Programs: AS 75K, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jbeckett
Note that fifth night free only works for standard room awards. It is not valid for premium room awards.
It looks like their system doesn't offer Standard Awards in five-day contiguous blocks, or radically prices standard awards above Premium Awards to prevent people from using the 5th night free benefit with any point savings.

Example Dates: 12-17 August 2019

Last edited by dangerclose; Jul 15, 2019 at 10:51 pm
Old Jul 15, 2019, 10:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Originally Posted by shuigao
Ouch, Hilton Tokyo seems to be super popular during Sakura season. I guess room upgrades will be highly unlikely even as Diamond. King Hilton room prices for the dates I'm looking at:

Mar 27 - Mar 31: Ą59,904++/night
Mar 31 - Apr 05: Ą37,926++/night

38k jpy looks sort of palatable, but 60k is a bit meh.
​​​​​ Everything in Japan is price fixed- from beer to airfares to hotel rooms- competitors meet once a year reconfirm the collusion.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 11:06 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
It looks like their system doesn't offer Standard Awards in five-day contiguous blocks, or radically prices standard awards above Premium Awards to prevent people from using the 5th night free benefit with any point savings.

Example Dates: 12-17 August 2019
I see standard awards every day, including your dates. 70000 points, with 5th night free, is 280000 points. Search without selecting any special options, such as bed type.
I also see premium awards available for King Deluxe for the same dates, at 49000 per night. So that is a better deal, 245000 for five nights.
This is not "radical"; this is flexible pricing. Book the premium award.
Cynicor likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 5:49 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond

This is the way it is done at the Conrad Hong Kong and Singapore, for example. No big deal in practice.

Originally Posted by bse118
Just checked out of this hotel today.

I mean it's a matter of telling a staff member (of which there are many around the lobby) that "I'd like to check in at the executive lounge." I have been to several other hotels that have this same limitation. It isn't really a big deal.

That said I've always found the whole idea of checking in at a lounge a bit silly. Its rarely more convenient than the front desk
It is nice to be able to have a beverage while waiting through the check-in process, or waiting behind someone else being checked in. Also, once done, it is nice to be able to grab some food right away and have the bags delivered to your room in the mean time. Usually when I arrive to Tokyo (or HKG, SIN etc.) I'm coming off a long flight from the US, so these little extras are much appreciated.
The _Banking_Scot and Beano like this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
I have mixed results with checkin there. Sometimes it's Zootopia downstairs.
Hilton Tokyo is where I stay usually on my frequent trips to Tokyo. I like the hotel and staff are great, Shinjuku is convenient form my purpose of the trip. If I can complain one thing about Hilton Tokyo is that it is always busy. Hotels in Tokyo average +85% occupancy rate so it is not specific to Hilton Tokyo pretty much all other hotels in Tokyo are like that. On one of the stay I talked with a lounge attendant, where she transferred from Hilton Nagoya. She said all her coworkers did not understand why she put transfer request to Hilton Tokyo, because Hilton Tokyo is known among employees that the hotel is always busy and there is never a slow day at Hilton Tokyo.

Yes, front desk can be long wait and as Diamond I do appreciate ability to check-in and check-out at the executive lounge.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 9:46 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
All Tokyo hotels are busy due to no new hotel licenses been granted for decades in Tokyo to keep the prices up. Cant fault the property but asking the prices it is now is reaching the absurd.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 10:00 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ashkale
All Tokyo hotels are busy due to no new hotel licenses been granted for decades in Tokyo to keep the prices up. Cant fault the property but asking the prices it is now is reaching the absurd.
A little confused. From https://jw-webmagazine.com/7-best-ne...-96c31d7162fd/

"Here I will introduce the best new hotels in Tokyo which opened / will open in 2019 including unique themed hotels and well-established luxury ones. I believe that Tokyo has the hotel that meets all your expectations. Some hotels accept reservations prior to their opening, so book your room before they are sold out!"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.