Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2019, 8:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond + Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by frudd38
Good to know they sell it there, but fyi you have an extra 0 in there, it threw me off a bit on the cost.
Thanks for catching this. Should have said 800/1200/1500 yen. The mental arithmetic of converting from yen to dollars and vice versa sometimes failed me.
Cynicor likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 8:17 pm

Programs: UA
Got a silly question about this property:

I noticed in some of the (very few) pictures I could find of the bathroom, it looks like at least some of the rooms have a bidet seat on the toilet (or "washlet seat.") Basically a fancier toilet seat than a normal one.

Does anyone know which room type may have this? I have reserved a regular King room but I'm guessing only the suites may have this? The website doesn't mention anything about this anywhere.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 8:20 pm
formerly wunderpit

Programs: UA1K-HHDiamond
Originally Posted by HotelHacker

I noticed in some of the (very few) pictures I could find of the bathroom, it looks like at least some of the rooms have a bidet seat on the toilet (or "washlet seat.") Basically a fancier toilet seat than a normal one.

Does anyone know which room type may have this? I have reserved a regular King room but I'm guessing only the suites may have this? The website doesn't mention anything about this anywhere.
I've stayed there many times and have never had anything BUT a bidet style toilet! I'm not sure if I'm "lucky", or that all rooms have them. They are very responsive if you want a real answer:

[email protected]
HotelHacker likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:05 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by wunderpit
I've stayed there many times and have never had anything BUT a bidet style toilet! I'm not sure if I'm "lucky", or that all rooms have them. They are very responsive if you want a real answer:

[email protected]
Same here, and I've had the lesser rooms with the shower in tub (non-glass enclosure) and those had washlets too. Even the toilets off the lobby are washlets.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 12:41 am

I've never had a non-washet seat anywhere in Japan. Ever, in even the most remote of locations, except for those places with a long drop (i.e. no water and no electricity...)
Old Apr 27, 2019, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by wunderpit

[email protected]
i stayed in a king room and also the junior suite and the toilets were the same
mphall likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by HotelHacker

My Deluxe King had a bidet.
mphall likes this.
Old May 14, 2019, 5:06 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG SA
Stayed during the peak cherry season as HH Diamond and received no room upgrade due to availability.
Nonetheless, location is convenient and service was impeccable.
Old May 14, 2019, 5:17 pm

Programs: Southwest, Hilton
I don’t think you can go wrong at the Hilton. Just ask for renovated room. The first one they gave us was not and mold smell started asthma attack. But very quickly they fixed with brighter new room.

They don’t seem to have honors checkin but we did on executive floor checkout. Super nice staff and professional executive floor.

We did try restaurant called My Place but meal was cold. Everyone was ordering a strawberry tea box and taking copious pictures.

Make your way to Hankyu store for incredible shopping and Harrods like food floor in basement. There seems to be a live music cafe near 11 th floor that you can bring up your goodies eat. Better than shopping in NYC.

Bring all your meds with you and those you don’t think you need because they won’t have them. Finally found bandaids after 4 stores in Osaka. Trying to ask for soaking or Epson salts was adventure Tokyo hands. If you have heartburn bring your own because they prefer herbal solutions. Guess I’m old but we walked 16000 steps every day.
Old May 14, 2019, 5:20 pm

Programs: Southwest, Hilton
We took forgettable river cruise in Tokyo and their bathroom was the only non Toto one we encountered. Every store, restaurant , and subway has a Toto. Cleanest place I have ever visited.
Old May 15, 2019, 6:24 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by dagangwood
Stayed during the peak cherry season as HH Diamond and received no room upgrade due to availability.
This was very similar to my experience. "Upgraded" to a higher floor, updated room. But the reception at the bar, and breakfast were excellent. The concierge was also fantastic, arranging multiple restaurant reservations.
Old May 15, 2019, 8:37 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by mphall
Finally found bandaids after 4 stores in Osaka.
That's surprising. I've found Nichiban Careleaves (a superior bandaid imo) at FamilyMart or other konbini or the random small health care stores.

Glad you enjoyed the stay and agree with the lack of HHonors line in the lobby. I was moved midstay to an upgraded room (handled well overall; clerk offered upgrade at check in, said to leave bags in old room on change day & they were moved by staff) and had to wait on people checking in to pick up the new room key. Exec lounge had closed for the evening so that wasn't an option.
ichigen likes this.

Last edited by rustykettel; May 16, 2019 at 7:19 am
Old May 15, 2019, 9:12 pm

Agree on the medical stuff. I found it very easy to find and buy. Must be something lost in translation I'd say.
ichigen likes this.
Old May 20, 2019, 3:29 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt globalist, Marriott Gold
same here, no upgrades during cherry blossom season
Old May 20, 2019, 4:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by xmzzn123
same here, no upgrades during cherry blossom season
Aren't you supposed to be viewing cherry blossoms, and not hanging out in your room anyway?

I recall a few years back when we went to Tokyo with our son during this season. We were able to get upgrades at the Hilton Tokyo, but not the Conrad, but perhaps that was due to fact that I had stayed at the Hilton more than a dozen times in a relatively short time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.