Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Four Seasons PP, Belmond BC, Dorchester DC, Hyatt Prive, MO Fan Club, Peninsula, Rosewood
Got a super deal here last week. Room rate £118 per night for standard king room. Hilton Gold got me upgraded to a junior suite at check in. No complaints.
xmzzn123 likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 2:58 pm

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
Stayed this week as Diamond. Got a premium room but no suite (but they let me check in at 8 AM so no complaints). Choice of Marble Lounge breakfast buffet on 1F or a smaller/quieter “executive” buffet upstairs. Evening reception is at the 2F bar with a nice spread of appetizers and beverages, plus live music when I went on Thursday night.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 3:09 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by joejones
Stayed this week as Diamond. Got a premium room but no suite (but they let me check in at 8 AM so no complaints). Choice of Marble Lounge breakfast buffet on 1F or a smaller/quieter “executive” buffet upstairs. Evening reception is at the 2F bar with a nice spread of appetizers and beverages, plus live music when I went on Thursday night.
please expand on “beverages”
Old Mar 8, 2019, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj

please expand on “beverages”
They had bottles of wine (including champagne) and liquor out, as well as a couple of fridges full of canned beer, chu-hai and soft drinks. The bar was also manned and appeared to be serving drinks, though it was crowded so I stuck to the self-service options. For food they had a small salad bar, stir-fried meat, rice, etc. My memory of specific offerings is a little hazy at this point, but overall it was on par with what you'd find in a good airline lounge.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 6:10 pm

They had bottles of wine (including champagne) and liquor out, as well as a couple of fridges full of canned beer, chu-hai and soft drinks. The bar was also manned and appeared to be serving drinks, though it was crowded so I stuck to the self-service options. For food they had a small salad bar, stir-fried meat, rice, etc. My memory of specific offerings is a little hazy at this point, but overall it was on par with what you'd find in a good airline lounge.
Thanks @joejones ! Was it difficult to get seating in 2F to eat? Was staff allowing folks to take food and drink self-serve, sans-table? A couple people I've spoken to indicated overcrowding and "controls" by staff such that folks entitled to access were being told to wait at the door for seating to open (for significant amounts of time). Did you encounter anything like this?
Old Mar 8, 2019, 7:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Do they not offer the Japanese breakfast anymore?
Old Mar 9, 2019, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by orvando
Thanks @joejones ! Was it difficult to get seating in 2F to eat? Was staff allowing folks to take food and drink self-serve, sans-table? A couple people I've spoken to indicated overcrowding and "controls" by staff such that folks entitled to access were being told to wait at the door for seating to open (for significant amounts of time). Did you encounter anything like this?
I went around 7:30 on a Thursday and had no trouble getting a table right away, but it was pretty crowded.

Originally Posted by AICML
Do they not offer the Japanese breakfast anymore?
Both the 1F and 2F buffets include Japanese breakfast options — rice, miso soup, fish, natto, etc.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 6:44 am

Programs: Some

Both the 1F and 2F buffets include Japanese breakfast options — rice, miso soup, fish, natto, etc.
There was previously a dedicated Japanese breakfast in Junisoh which was offered to Diamonds as a complimentary benefit, it is/was a set menu that had to be booked in advance.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 1:11 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG SA
We are going to travel with small kids and don't want to make any dinning reservation in advance.

Could you please recommend any casual and kid-friendly restaurants close-by? How about the i-land building?

Thanks.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by dagangwood
We are going to travel with small kids and don't want to make any dinning reservation in advance.

Could you please recommend any casual and kid-friendly restaurants close-by? How about the i-land building?

Thanks.
Hi,

Western style or Japanese?

There is a Sizzler and a royal Host near the Tochomae metrostation which is close to the hilton and I-land building with another royal host in the i-land building/

Regards

TBS
dagangwood likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 2:11 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
There is a Sizzler and a royal Host near the Tochomae metrostation which is close to the hilton and I-land building with another royal host in the i-land building/

And Denny's just across the street to the west of the hotel, though I've never eaten there.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by rustykettel
And Denny's just across the street to the west of the hotel, though I've never eaten there.
You aren’t missing much. The only reason I’d go to Denny’s is if I wanted a sit-down meal and nothing else was open. Royal Host and Sizzler both have much better food.

One more option is to simply go downstairs from the lobby to the convenience store (open 24 hours) and get something to go — they have the typical Japanese “kombini” staples like breads/pastries, rice balls, drinks, etc.
dagangwood likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 5:16 am

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
There was previously a dedicated Japanese breakfast in Junisoh which was offered to Diamonds as a complimentary benefit, it is/was a set menu that had to be booked in advance.
It continues to be offered for Diamonds.
Beano, dagangwood and ne0ven0m like this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 2:59 am

Programs: QFF WP, VA SG, Hhonors Diamond
Well I can add to the upgrade inconsistency. 2 rooms, both booked by diamonds. Checked in at 3pm, rooms not ready til after 4. No upgrade, in fact we are on floor 14 (given guest rooms only start after floor 8, and there is no floor 13) which is a bit cruddy. No diamond amenity.

Rather underwhelmed so far. We are not booked on points either, and certainly not cheap rates.
tinkerbell78 likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 3:01 pm

Programs: Southwest, Hilton
Narita Airport to Tokyo Hilton and subway pass

I was wondering if I could buy a several day subway pass at the airport when I land that would include the cost of the Narita Express closest to the Tokyo Hilton station? Meaning I would like to take Narita Express to Tokyo Hilton but also buy several day subway pass to see Tokyo. Our rail pass won't begin for several days. Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.