Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2018, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AAdvantage, Southwest, HHonors, National
Originally Posted by saaveraward
I've found the Hilton concierge to be bombarded, and with constant turnover, your request may be lost in the shuffle.
I must have had a different experience or lucky. One of the concierge staff I dealt back in 2015 handled the initial reply to my current reservation request and appears to be the chief concierge now. Most of the subsequent replies have been handled by one individual.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by saaveraward
I posted on this a while back. I would highly recommend a credit card concierge request (if you have access to one) before you leave town where they are focused on your specific request and have contacts in Japan. I've found the Hilton concierge to be bombarded, and with constant turnover, your request may be lost in the shuffle. Others upthread have reported success with the local desk. I'm also booking 30-90 days in advance to ensure I have a reservation where I want.
Originally Posted by Gradfly
I have before and currently in touch with their concierge for my upcoming trip. Success will probably depend on the type of restaurant, popularity, reservation time (lunch vs. dinner), and reservation policies. In my previous trip, Hilton concierge was able to get me into a 1-star sushi restaurant roughly 3 weeks before my desired date. For the same restaurant, Conrad concierge couldn't get me into the same restaurant for dinner 4 weeks+ prior to my dates. I will have to say though that my dinner dates were after New Year's holiday, so that may have influenced availability.

For my up coming trip, they were able to get me into a 1-star Japanese-French restaurant in January. My sushi restaurant requests are still in a work in progress. I gave them a list of places, with order of preference, and was informed all my choices were taking reservations only a month ahead. Since my dates are again close to New Year's holiday, the concierge then explained each restaurant's anticipated opening dates and potential availability. Response time has been within 24hrs.
Thanks for the responses. Problem is my Amex Plat will be lapsing around July, and my trip won't be till October. Guess I can apply for another flavor around that time just in case.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by ne0ven0m
Thanks for the responses. Problem is my Amex Plat will be lapsing around July, and my trip won't be till October. Guess I can apply for another flavor around that time just in case.
One thing I'd add is to temper your expectations for the popular sushi restaurants (Ex: Saito, Arai, etc.) ,. From what I've read, there's been a sushi boom as of late. This had the effect of driving prices up and making difficult reservations even harder to get. Be prepared to give a list of places to your concierge.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 12:21 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Lounge renovation details

Just checked in here. Asked at the lounge about the reservations, and they gave me a letter with the details below on it (OCR'ed with an app on my phone, so excuse any errors...)

Dear Valued Guest,

It is our pleasure to welcome you to Hilton Tokyo. At Hilton, we always strive to improve our guests' experiences and are pleased to inform you that we will be expanding our Executive Lounge located on the 37th floor. Please be informed that the lounge will be closed for renovation from January 3 rd, 2019, and is expected to re-open by the end of April 2019.

The new lounge is designed with a modern Japanese theme. The seating capacity will increase by 1.5 times and will be split into three chic and timeless zones to cater for your business and leisure needs.

Mimicking the hotel's surroundings, the "Skyscraper" zone faces the business district and is where you will first enter the Lounge for check-in. We will also welcome you here every day for your complimentary breakfast, afternoon tea and evening pre-dinner cocktails. Sip a glass of wine alongside a stunning view overlooking the skyline of Shinjuku. This area is characterized by the elements of urbanization.

Our second zone "Nature & Park" faces the Shinjuku Central Park. This area is highlighted by the use of wooden furniture and earthy tones, as though you are away from the hustle and bustle of the city. This is where you can relax whlle enjoying views of the Central Park in all four seasons.

On to our last zone, "Sub Culture" combines the old and the new. This area represents the capital, Tokyo, where you can experience the essence of traditional Japanese interior design. Included are two semi-private library style rooms, and the simplistic modern Japanese design of the common areas.

With the renewal of our Executive Lounge, we will also be upgrading our current Executive rooms on levels 37 and 38 for a new look. While keeping the iconic Shoji Windows (Japanese Paper window), we will enhance the bathroom facilities and the interior designs which match the modern Japanese look and feel of the Executive Lounge.

For guests who will be staying with us during the renovation period, we are happy to offer the following alternate arrangements:

Check-in & Check-out Counters
Special check-in & check-out counter at the 1st floor front desk, only for our Hilton Honors Diamond members and guests staying in our Executive rooms and suites.

Breakfast
Your choice of the Executive breakfast in TSUNOHAZU on the 2nd floor dining space from 6:00am to 10:00am or intercontinental breakfast in Marble Lounge on the 1st floor from 6:30am to 10:30am (6:30am to 11:00am on weekends & national holidays).

Evening Pre-dinner Cocktails
Enjoy compiimentary drinks and hot/cold canapes at our ZATTA Bar & Lounge on the 2nd floor from 6:00pm to 8:00pm.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Thanks very much for posting this docbert!

Regards

TBS
Old Nov 25, 2018, 1:39 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5 MM; AS MVP Gold 100K; HHonors Diamond; AMEX Platinum
Overnight Transit in Tokyo (HND - NRT)

In October of 2019, I'm taking Mom on a bucket-list trip to see the Great Wall. On our return, we have an overnight transit in Tokyo (arriving HND, departing NRT).

I was hoping to stay in the city so she has the chance to see Tokyo as we return home. But, as I search for Hilton properties, most of the hotels in the city are sold out. The Hilton Tokyo, has only premium rooms left. Is there some reason that the hotels are sold out so far in advance? Any recommendations?
Old Nov 25, 2018, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by DCAhome
In October of 2019, I'm taking Mom on a bucket-list trip to see the Great Wall. On our return, we have an overnight transit in Tokyo (arriving HND, departing NRT).

I was hoping to stay in the city so she has the chance to see Tokyo as we return home. But, as I search for Hilton properties, most of the hotels in the city are sold out. The Hilton Tokyo, has only premium rooms left. Is there some reason that the hotels are sold out so far in advance? Any recommendations?
Hi,

It might be that you are booking too early as a lot of the rooms might not be released yet ( unless there is a major convention on )

Also please note ( if unfamiliar with Tokyo) that you will need to allow time to get to Narita for the flight home ( the bus from the hilton is scheduled to take about 2 hours including stops at 3 other hotels)

Regards

TBS
DCAhome likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 1:06 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG SA
Hi,

When we use app to check-in Hilton Tokyo, are non-smoking rooms and smoking rooms clearly indicated?

Which floors are non-smoking floor?

Thanks,
Old Dec 3, 2018, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by dagangwood
Hi,

When we use app to check-in Hilton Tokyo, are non-smoking rooms and smoking rooms clearly indicated?

Which floors are non-smoking floor?

Thanks,
yes, it will be clear with a smoking or non-smoking logo when you are looking at the room floorplan on the app.
Cynicor and dagangwood like this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 7:18 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG SA
Originally Posted by dascc
yes, it will be clear with a smoking or non-smoking logo when you are looking at the room floorplan on the app.
Thank you!
Old Dec 8, 2018, 4:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Was considering an award stay at this property as diamond but I see a message on the website that indicates they are going to be renovating their lounge from jan 3 until "end of April 2019". Does anyone have an idea when the exec lounge may open back up? I'm looking at stays in late april like around the 19-23. Wondering if I should just look elsewhere during that time period, although not seeing many other good options.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 9:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Red259
Does anyone have an idea when the exec lounge may open back up?
Did you try reading the last few posts? The latest on this has been posted above...
Old Dec 13, 2018, 7:16 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Just noticed that my upcoming reservation has been changed from 1 person to 2 people, with corresponding increase in rate. Ugh. First time this has happened in multiple stays here.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by rustykettel
Just noticed that my upcoming reservation has been changed from 1 person to 2 people, with corresponding increase in rate. Ugh. First time this has happened in multiple stays here.
Was the change on their end? I was under the impression that only guests can make that change. Also, as a Diamond, second guest is free.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 7:39 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by rustykettel
How does the hotel know how many people are in your party?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.